• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2004 Vette

TommyN said:
I did my best not to come off defensive. Just wanted to inform and maybe get a little fun racing in if possible. I enjoy watching TOP GEAR because they talk so much smack its great. American cars almost always get slammed.
The ferivet has been around the Vette boards for a while now. It make me almost wet myself thinking someone is so funny.

You guys better find that guy, and get him off his high HORSE!!!LOL

Or the 12 disc BOSE in the Vette??

Nawwww, you should upgrade to an Mp3 player, then you won't need all those cd's and a cute little carrying case...l:rolleyes:

omeys_berlina said:
What about the six disk alpine in the trunk??

Yes, I had one in my NSX - got rid of it. On long trips, you had to stop and get out of the car to change CD's. If you had stuff (luggage) in your trunk, that had to be removed to get to the changer so it could tilt down. Plus it was a cartridge system - so a cassette had to be loaded. It was not self loading. Finally, being directly over the right rear suspension, modest road bumps caused it to skip.

In the early 90's, single CD in-dash players were common. In the mid-90's, a single in-dash CD player with an optional multi-disk changer (in the trunk or glove box) were common. By the late 90's, multi-CD in-dash CD players were common. In the 2000's, MP3 disk players, AUX inputs, DVD-Audio, etc. are common.

By 1996, the NSX stereo was the only car in the entire Honda/Acura line-up with an in-dash cassette and no in-dash CD. So while the Vette may share some components with lesser Chevy's (debatable), the NSX was using components not even good enough for the cheapest Honda's.

Live and let live - appreciate the guy (TommyN) for being a car-guy. I'm not a Vette guy due to styling, but I admire its performance/cost equation. And for the past 10 years, its been a boon for Vette owners and fans - two completely new models (C5, C6), high performance model (Z06), 650 HP super model on the way, continuous (and successful) involvement in endurance racing, several LeMans class wins, lots of Vettes running in the World Challenge, etc. Vette guys have lots to be happy about.

Us NSXers have been wanking our whatevers for 10 years only to see 10 hp, 1 gear and new headlights, no more participation in any form of racing (outside of Japan) and the car completely taken off the market.

“This is America’s 911.”
Well…at least the engine is between the wheels where it belongs…right Klayton?:biggrin:

Hummm…and the Vette looks a lot like the NSX…

Oh man. Here comes the sh*t. :biggrin: What a funny thread.:smile:

But as much as I am totally pro-Euro and totally anti-American and totally pro-totally NSX and totally anti-Chevy (all for no reason, just because…) and I also think hot chocolate in totally yummy, I think Top Gear’s hit about the leaf spring is not warranted. Doesn’t the Vette have a single carbon spring? That’s cool. It’s not even a leaf spring. A leaf spring is just several flat springs lying on top of each other.
A coil spring is just a coiled up flat spring.
There is no technological advantage for the coil spring over the flat spring. Even in packaging you could argue that a flat/leaf spring can save space.
So cheap shot by the Top Gear guys. Funny though.

omeys_berlina said:
You guys better find that guy, and get him off his high HORSE!!!LOL

I think a gold old fashioned .itch slap would be a good start.:eek: I hope some Italians roll that guy for doing that to thier names sake.

omeys_berlina said:
Nawwww, you should upgrade to an Mp3 player, then you won't need all those cd's and a cute little carrying case...l:rolleyes:

I could really car less if the car had a stereo. I perfer the symphany of pistons from the American V8!

TC said:
Live and let live - appreciate the guy (TommyN) for being a car-guy. I'm not a Vette guy due to styling, but I admire its performance/cost equation. And for the past 10 years, its been a boon for Vette owners and fans - two completely new models (C5, C6), high performance model (Z06), 650 HP super model on the way, continuous (and successful) involvement in endurance racing, several LeMans class wins, lots of Vettes running in the World Challenge, etc. Vette guys have lots to be happy about.
Very true.:cool:

TC said:
Us NSXers have been wanking our whatevers for 10 years only to see 10 hp, 1 gear and new headlights, no more participation in any form of racing (outside of Japan) and the car completely taken off the market.
Again true. If Honda was able to pull off such a great car nearly 20 years ago, why not a curtain call? HELLO HONDA, YOU HAVE A CUSTOMER BASE/ PLEASE ADD MORE POWER!!

710 said:
“This is America’s 911.”
Well…at least the engine is between the wheels where it belongs…right Klayton?:biggrin:

Hummm…and the Vette looks a lot like the NSX…

Oh man. Here comes the sh*t. :biggrin: What a funny thread.:smile:

But as much as I am totally pro-Euro and totally anti-American and totally pro-totally NSX and totally anti-Chevy (all for no reason, just because…) and I also think hot chocolate in totally yummy, I think Top Gear’s hit about the leaf spring is not warranted. Doesn’t the Vette have a single carbon spring? That’s cool. It’s not even a leaf spring. A leaf spring is just several flat springs lying on top of each other.
A coil spring is just a coiled up flat spring.
There is no technological advantage for the coil spring over the flat spring. Even in packaging you could argue that a flat/leaf spring can save space.
So cheap shot by the Top Gear guys. Funny though.

Yes the Corvette has a single rear leaf, not a solid axle as one of the first posters noted. The advantage to a coil over is there, just not in most peoples daily world use. For a track car this is a BIG difference. As for anti-Chevy, may I ask why? Have you honestly ever driven or rode in a Vette? I know outside of America they are not everywhere, but you may be plesantly suprised.:biggrin:

TommyN said:
As for anti-Chevy,
I'm not. I was just being sarcastic.:smile:
And trying pathetically to be amusing. Yes and failing, I know...

And I am definitly not anti-hot chocolate though. Let's make that quite clear, right now. What's that got to do with the price of tomatoes, I don't know. But a previous poster mentioned hot chocolate. So I thought I would take a stand. Since that is what this thread is leading up to.:biggrin:

No really, we NSXers are sorry that Honda has not kept (it) up. It's such a terrible waste.:frown:
But how does the 1991 NSX compare to the 1991 Corvette? Did we have our glory days back then?

710 said:
I'm not. I was just being sarcastic.:smile:
And trying pathetically to be amusing. Yes and failing, I know...

And I am definitly not anti-hot chocolate though. Let's make that quite clear, right now. What's that got to do with the price of tomatoes, I don't know. But a previous poster mentioned hot chocolate. So I thought I would take a stand. Since that is what this thread is leading up to.:biggrin:

No really, we NSXers are sorry that Honda has not kept (it) up. It's such a terrible waste.:frown:
But how does the 1991 NSX compare to the 1991 Corvette? Did we have our glory days back then?
I beleive for its time it was a super car. Aluminum body, mid engine, Honda reliability etc.
I myself think of one of Corvette's highest points up until that time was of course the ZR1.

TommyN said:
Wow , you guys sure are sharp. I know the NSX has not been redesigned since the 80's but give me a break. If you are going to try to talk smack about AMERICAS sports car please get your facts straight. The car in the video is an 2005 a NEW design, not a 20 year old copy. Also the straight axle suspension has not been used in a Corvette since 1962. Was the NSX even thought of then? If you think any of your cars can outrun one bring it to a track and put your $$$ up. I have several cars ready to go or I can get someone in your area if your ready. Heck I'll even give you guys a real shot, instead of running one of my C5's I will run you in my 60 Vette with the old school suspension and 270 hp. Dragstrip or Road Course. I really could care less if you state REAL facts about what can be improved, but at least be smart about it. T

Welcome to the NSX forum. :)

I've ridden in a vette. My buddy back in colorado that worked on base with me had 99 with like 110,000 miles or something. He did basic upgrades to his brake system, drilled/slotted rotors, pads, SS lines, race fluid, then slight suspension mods, GIANT swaybars, ungodly wide front and rear tires, z06 rims. While the acceration and handling was pretty good, the only thing that amazed me was his brakes....... From 100 mph, he stomped on the brakes to the floor and didn't tell me he was going to. I ended up with a NASTY headache on the front part of my head all day long. Seems the blood rushed to the front of my head REALLY quick, lol.

And yes the interior was typical chevrolet, cheap.

Bose aka "Blows" suck no matter how many cds it sucks in and holds.

Last edited:
No highs, no lows- must be
KooLaid said:
Bose aka "Blows"

Ahh- everybody got gyped on their stereo- but who needs one when you have a symphony in your exhaust?

Philip

P.S- I like Corvettes, and have an extensive knowledge of the history behind the marque. Strangely enough I have NEVER driven one, but wouldn't pass up the opportunity.

corvette and nsx teh suck... my horsedrawn carriage will destroy you all :biggrin:

Good god I started a monster!! :eek: I was on the web looking for random Top Gear vids since I know I havent seen close to all of them and I thought the Vette would be a good clip to check out, just so happens there was an NSX so I thought I'd share.

As for the 2004 label it was on the website, so no disrespect to the Vette folks for my ignorance if I didn't know any better. And in all honesty, because of that same ignorance, to me a Vette is a Vette, regardless of what year, nice car, just not my thing, but more power to those to whom where it is their thing. :smile:

Also I think the Vette boys need to go after Clarkson, hes the one who ribbed the Vette. Hammond said it was a fast and fun car. :wink:

KooLaid said:
My 2 horsesdrawn carriage will stomp your HORSEdrawn carriage :)

in the spirit of 7 minute abs vs 6 minute abs, i would say that my hybrid donkey-horse drawn carriage with carbon fiber bucket seats will pwn your 2 horser! :biggrin:

khappucino said:
in the spirit of 7 minute abs vs 6 minute abs, i would say that my hybrid donkey-horse drawn carriage with carbon fiber bucket seats will pwn your 2 horser! :biggrin:

Well I have the latest and greatest in italian designed 2 horsespowered wagon. Full carbon body, with carbon race bucks, AND.... a cupholder :)

Back