• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 F.S in S. Cal #Jh4na21695s000168

Little heads up for anyone who is interested in the NSX. I checked it out today and noticed vin sticker missing on front left fender, door and rear fender. Hood and whole left side on the car has been repainted. Timing belt is original

Ran auto check- show clean. Carfax and auto check is not bullet proof. Dirty reports only show if there's a pay out by insurance.

I can attest to that. My first NSX was "clean" on both AutoCheck and Carfax, but had over $30k in damage I found out later... :rolleyes:

I agree that sometimes just a fender isn't bad. I would be worried about the fact that the seller is presenting it as clean though.

I think he would do better to just be upfront about paint/bodywork. Trying to hid things like this makes him/her seem suspect.

I agree that sometimes just a fender isn't bad. I would be worried about the fact that the seller is presenting it as clean though.

I think he would do better to just be upfront about paint/bodywork. Trying to hid things like this makes him/her seem suspect.

More than just one fender. Every panel on the left side of the car has been replaced . Hood also has been repainted.

Yeah seller should edit his ad and come upfront and disclosed damage. I gone over the car w/him and pointed out "missing vin sticker" and showed him evidence of paint work and suggested he should edit his ad. Sad thing is i asked seller before i made my trip (350 miles one way) if vin stickers are in every panels and he said "YES". LIAR!!!!

More than just one fender. Every panel on the left side of the car has been replaced . Hood also has been repainted.

Yeah seller should edit his ad and come upfront and disclosed damage. I gone over the car w/him and pointed out "missing vin sticker" and showed him evidence of paint work and suggested he should edit his ad. Sad thing is i asked seller before i made my trip (350 miles one way) if vin stickers are in every panels and he said "YES". LIAR!!!!

that's a f*&king stupid part. you wasted one day.

i can imagine what happend if the whole left side has been replaced. it's nearly salvage title.

FFS @ $65k.

maybe the moderators could step in and link this thread into the advertisement.

This seller deff cannot be trusted . Less than 30 minutes ago I had a friend of mine send him an email and asked if timing belt been replaced and if car has any paint work and
this is his reply>>>>>

Show Details
timing belts original, i have carfax shows nothing. one guy checked it out and says I do but may be just trying to get a better price.

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Bob Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
Any paint work on the car? Have you replaced timing belt?

Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: 2005 NSX $65000

available you can see it on weekends iam out of town weekdays Orange county

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bob Lee <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi i am very interested in your car and am willing to pay your asking price. Is the car still available? Any paint work? timing belt been replaced?

B

not siding with the seller but in his ad it does say 3 owners so maybe he didn't know panels were replaced when he purchased the car.

not siding with the seller but in his ad it does say 3 owners so maybe he didn't know panels were replaced when he purchased the car.

I met up w/him on sat so he knows now. I asked him to edit his ad and he has not. A friend of mine got in contact w/ him a few hours ago and he still said he has no knowledge of paint work. No knowledge???

Back