• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Keyless Entry Remotes

Hi

I've recently purchased a 2005 NSX that did not come with the factory keyless entry remotes. At the time of purchase I did not realize that 05 models came factory equiped with the keyless remote system and so didn't think to ask about them. Subsequently, I've contacted the previous owner and he indicated that the remotes weren't included with the car when he purchased it in 2008. So it appears that the remotes are long gone.

So my question is, what is necessary to get the keyless remotes working again? Do I need to replace the keyless entry control unit (under the right side dash) or can new remote fobs be programmed to the old control unit (I sort of think not). Also, would a replacement keyless control unit come with it's own pair of remotes?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

Just get 2 new fobs.

Also get a valet key programmed if you don't have one.

The red key would require a replacement of the controller, which costs a fortune.

So total =
1 valet key
2 normal keys
2 fobs
no red key

I have a red key, never even used it. What is special about it?

OP, since you have a 2005 you can take almost any grey oval remote and program it into your car. Currently I'm using one out of an RSX and a MDX. The MDX one has a trunk button which makes the brain click when pushed (nothing happens though).

Procedure for 2004-2005 cars:

1. Turn the ignition switch on (II on the ignition)
2. W/in 1-4sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock button with the transmitter aimed at the keyless receiver unit. (Just at the steering wheel is fine)
3. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ignition switch off
4. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ignition switch on(II)
5. W/in 1-4, push the transmitter lock or unlock button w/ the transmitter aimed at the receiver again.
6. W/in 1-4sec, turn the ign. switch off
7. W/in 4sec, turn the ignition switch On(II)
8. w/in 1-4sec, push the transmitter lock or unlock again.
9. w/in 4 sec, turn the ign off
10. w/in 4 sec, turn the ign ON
11. W/in 1-4, push the transmitter again
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door actuators. W/in 1-4sec, push the trans lock or unlock button again.
13. W/in 10sec, aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the receiver, and press the transmitter lock or unlock buttons. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch off, and pull out the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the new codes

Threads of interested with FCC ID numbers:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151925&highlight=2005+keyless+rsx

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78304&highlight=2005+keyless+rsx

Wow, cool!!! What years can you do this with? And which is the coolest to get? Mine is looking a little worn. That trunk thing is a relay. If it is clicking, you can certainly just tie it into the wires for the trunk switch on the door to pop it. That's easy!

Wow, cool!!! What years can you do this with? And which is the coolest to get? Mine is looking a little worn. That trunk thing is a relay. If it is clicking, you can certainly just tie it into the wires for the trunk switch on the door to pop it. That's easy!

Not sure what years but I'm thinking any modern grey Acura remote will work. Mine are from a 2003 RSX and a 2005 MDX. FCC ID's are in one of the linked threads.

Something definitely clicks on the brain unit inside of the car behind the glove box. I'm not sure if there are any empty pins on the keyless plug. If there are then this could be very easy to hook up.

So do you have a fob you recommend that looks better than the OEM 2005 one? Can you post a pic?

Dave,
Here is the Acura remote bible :biggrin:

Might help
Mike

Attachments

• Honda_TSB_97-040.pdf
    908.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
OK, it sounds like I can purchase new keyless fobs and then just program the keyless controller in the car (receiver) to communicate with them. Searching an Acura online parts catalog, I noticed that there are two remote fobs shown for 2004 and 2005 NSXs (72147-SL0-A02, 72147-SL0-A01). Also worth noting, the '05 MDX similarly shows two different remote fobs (but with different part numbers from the NSX fobs).

The dual NSX fob numbers suggest either;

1) individual NSX keyless control units were set up for one of two possible transmitter (fobs) types and I need to figure out which of the two will work with my specific keyless control unit (either 72147-SL0-A02 or 72147-SL0-A01 ??),

or

2) to use two fobs for a single vehicle, one of each part number is required (one 72147-SL0-A02 and one 72147-SL0-A01). If that's the case but I only need one fob, then either part number should work.

Does anyone know which one it is?

Dave

I'm not 100% sure about the part numbers, but in our '04 MDX the two remotes are different due to the memory seats/mirrors. That might be why you're seeing two part numbers.

Not to hijack the thread, but is it possible to use the 04/05 remote on my 2003?

Last edited:
I believe the A02 replaced the A01. Estorehonda.com and sons acura both only show the A02.

@kublakhan, you would have to replace the keyless unit with one from a newer model which i may do.

Mike

OK - I just purchased a new 72147-SL0-A02 fob off Ebay (from an Acura dealer listing). When it arrives I'll try the above programming routine and post the results.

Thanks for all the information and advice.

Dave

So do you have a fob you recommend that looks better than the OEM 2005 one? Can you post a pic?

This is what my RSX remote looks like. The MDX looks exactly the same other than the blank button being the trunk release. I think they look pretty good. Not sure if you could switch the cases like you can with the Honda key remotes.

3079977_9.jpg

I picked up the Ebay purchased keyless fob from one of the local Houston Acura dealers at lunch today. I programmed the remote in the parking lot in less than five minutes using the on-off key sequence listed previously.

The new remote works like a charm.

Thanks guys!

Dave

I picked up the Ebay purchased keyless fob from one of the local Houston Acura dealers at lunch today. I programmed the remote in the parking lot in less than five minutes using the on-off key sequence listed previously.

The new remote works like a charm.

Thanks guys!

Dave

Glad it worked out for you.

Can you list your FCC ID on the back of the remote just so we can add another "confirmed" ID.

The FCC code on my new remote is the same as the one listed in the previous link.

Acura part #: 72147-SL0-A02

FCC ID: 0UCG8D-387H-A
IC: 850G-G8D387HA
G8D-387H-A

OMRON Corporation JAPAN

Dave

All you need is that FCC number, it doesn't matter what model car it came from but you do want to match the functions on the fob to those available in the car. I've had to buy them for both my old Acura CL and my Accord 6-6, and in each case the same programming sequence works to get the fobs working. New keys are a different matter, they require intervention by either a dealer or a Lock Smith; I've had both of my new keys cut and programmed by a local Locksmith.

Back