• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Low Mileage NSX-Pricing and Other Advice

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but have loved the NSX since the day it came out (the year I got my license!).

I'm now in a position to finally buy one and I am looking for a 2005 (or '04) with low (~ 10,000) miles.

Any advice on pricing and what to look for regarding condition and maintenance? I know about the 7 year maintenance that involves changing the timing belt, etc.

Pricing seems to be around $75-$80K, at least for the recent postings I've seen. Is this "fair"? Seems a bit high.

Thanks

Pricing seems to be around $75-$80K, at least for the recent postings I've seen. Is this "fair"? Seems a bit high.
That is certainly the 75,000 dollar question. The short answer, if you want one RIGHT now, then pay that amount and be done with it.

The thing you run in to with the 2005 model year is competition with other buyers. Most of the people in that budget range want a very specific, no flaws car and that restricts what is out there.

A prime member Brylek did a wonderful project a while back where he utilized the websites out there to track all the 2005s in the US and provide some basic info - that study can be found here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157425 I took his info and made a little map out of it and put his raw stats in the bottom corner:

attachment.php

As you can see, you are looking at around 40% of the 215 clean 2005s that have around 10,000 miles - leaving you with 86 cars. Then you need to weed out the color choices that don't do it for you (red/red seems to be one that just doesn't sell for example) and you start to see that there is a very small pool to choose from. Then you have the other buyers out there (and I know of a few) and when that car that IS at a great price pops up, it stands a good chance of being snatched up before you even know it exists.

Bottom line, if you are on a tight budget finding that pristine 2005 may be quite challenging. Hope you have a wad of 4 leaf clovers in your pocket, otherwise you may just have to utilize the other wad of green you have there ;)

Surge, Welcome!

Great answer, as above, from "blue myriddn."

Prices for less than 10,000 mile 2005 model year I'd expect $67 to 80 K, more in Canada (even though your dollar is strong right now).

I'm still hung up on that red/red that's been for sale a loooong time with very low miles (in Chicago and on FleaBay). That rascal would look nice around Trawna! :biggrin:

I'm still hung up on that red/red that's been for sale a loooong time with very low miles (in Chicago and on FleaBay). That rascal would look nice around Trawna! :biggrin:
That car is a puzzle and one that has captured my interest for a while. Back in the fall of 2011, it was for sale at $75k with 6501 miles, so someone apparently bought it and tossed 1300 miles on it. If I am in the Chicago area, I would go check it out - haven't ever seen the red/red combo but I hear that it is a LOT of red. I do have to wonder if something is fundamentally wrong with that car though given how long it has been lonely without an owner.

Thank you, amazing help!

I too saw the red/red in Chicago... It IS a lot of interior red! And a strange combo with the red exterior. But to save ~$10K... I may check it out. Seems like the bumpers are a different shade of red - is that common? I guess the painted metal fades differently than the plastic?

If you ever had to resell it, it would be difficult.

If you're willing to spend $75-80K, it seems like there are options. Which makes sense, that's a significant price.

That number is slightly off...

there are 10 05s in NY. I brought one back from Indiana :)

Seems like the bumpers are a different shade of red - is that common? I guess the painted metal fades differently than the plastic
Not common at all (at least as far as I know). It is either a poor repaint or a trick of the lighting. The reds on my 2001 flow smoothly, so age shouldn't be a factor.

I assume you are referring to the front bumper as that is where I notice the difference. I popped it up in photoshop and moved a slice of the hood down to the bumper to really highlight the difference.

Nice eye.
attachment.php

Attachments

• RedRed-ColorMismatch.jpg
    RedRed-ColorMismatch.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 878
That car is a puzzle and one that has captured my interest for a while. Back in the fall of 2011, it was for sale at $75k with 6501 miles, so someone apparently bought it and tossed 1300 miles on it. If I am in the Chicago area, I would go check it out - haven't ever seen the red/red combo but I hear that it is a LOT of red. I do have to wonder if something is fundamentally wrong with that car though given how long it has been lonely without an owner.

I've never seen red/red, either... but
I like the matching interior 2002 and newer NSX's, so red/red would not trouble me one bit. But yea, funny the price has gone up on this one - and I don't believe there is anything "fundamentally wrong" with it. If I was to hit the m*ga-millions lottery this red/red would reside herein.

Thank you, amazing help!

I too saw the red/red in Chicago... It IS a lot of interior red! And a strange combo with the red exterior. But to save ~$10K... I may check it out. Seems like the bumpers are a different shade of red - is that common? I guess the painted metal fades differently than the plastic?

If you ever had to resell it, it would be difficult.

If you're willing to spend $75-80K, it seems like there are options. Which makes sense, that's a significant price.

Not certain I agree on the difficulty to re-sell. I do not believe it has been re-painted or anything - both our 2004 and 2005 show just a bit different tinge of paint on fascias versus aluminum. Normal, as far as I'm concerned. But, disclaimer, a body and paint guy I ain't! :redface:

I do not believe it has been re-painted or anything - both our 2004 and 2005 show just a bit different tinge of paint on fascias versus aluminum. Normal, as far as I'm concerned. But, disclaimer, a body and paint guy I ain't! :redface:

+1. I see this all the time when looking at pictures or NSXs listed for sale.

Surge, if you are serious about the 2005 Red/Red in Chicago I can go see it for you, I am no paint expert either but I'm sure I can determine wheather the front bumper has or hasn't been repainted.

Thank you very much Brylek, I really appreciate it.

I will let you know if I decide to offer them a price and if we agree first.

I assume you could help me evaluate the car mechanically and for crash damage? I can pay you for your time and would meet you.

I am a former manufacturing engineer and worked for a Toyota plant in Japan, and am a car enthusiast. But I really don't know anything about how to evaluate an NSX. I will read through the Wiki, but some hands-on help from a member like yourself would be invaluable.

I assume you could help me evaluate the car mechanically and for crash damage? I can pay you for your time and would meet you.

I am a former manufacturing engineer and worked for a Toyota plant in Japan, and am a car enthusiast. But I really don't know anything about how to evaluate an NSX. I will read through the Wiki, but some hands-on help from a member like yourself would be invaluable.

Please feel free to contact me via personal message if you decide to buy the car, I will be more than happy to go see it for you just to make sure that everything is in proper order. There is no need to pay me for the time, I sort of wanted to go and see the car in person anyways :).

Ive wanted an NSX for 20 years and finally got one. Worth the price? absolutely.. and if I would have had $70k to spend on one, I would have bought a '02-'05 no doubt.

I really never liked red cars to begin with, but my wife insist on red w/ blk interior. Since the purchase was mainly for her, I went along. Now looking back, I'm glad we got the red. It makes my smile every time I look at it.
Not many were available when we were in the market. Got what came up and in our price budget. I think you would be just as happy with a car w/ a bit more mileage, but well cared for.

GL

Respectfully reply:

Sounds as if you have major homework on your plate (i.e. digestion of WIKI, databases check, googlin' that sh*t, you already pinged us on current valuations, etc). Way before a request-to-inspect to a fellow Primer and your decision on an offer.

Hi, there,
About 10 months ago when I was still looking, I was considering a 2005 blk/blk stock, manual with low miles (can't remember exactly but around 10k maybe?), in TX (Harlingen). The owner's posted asking price was $75k but he agreed to $65k during our negotiations, fwiw. Just wanted to give u some real world numbers. I didnt go for it because i wanted the pop up headlights! I wonder what ever happened to it, it was really nice.

Last edited:
Hi, there,
About 10 months ago when I was still looking, I was considering a 2005 blk/blk stock, manual with low miles (can't remember exactly but around 10k maybe?), in TX (Harlingen). The owner's posted asking price was $75k but he agreed to $65k during our negotiations, fwiw. Just wanted to give u some real world numbers. I didnt go for it because i wanted the pop up headlights! I wonder what ever happened to it, it was really nice.
not sure about 10 months ago but the link right above your post sounds very close to what you described

Not common at all (at least as far as I know). It is either a poor repaint or a trick of the lighting. The reds on my 2001 flow smoothly, so age shouldn't be a factor.

I assume you are referring to the front bumper as that is where I notice the difference. I popped it up in photoshop and moved a slice of the hood down to the bumper to really highlight the difference.

Nice eye.
attachment.php
[/QUOTE

Yeah that dosen't look right. It's not even close. As an owner of a 2004 red/tan I can tell ya that my hood and front clip match flawlessly.I would consider this a red flag. Plus, the plate looks too high.

Last edited:
Poor old JH4NA21655S000006 has been passed over to yet ANOTHER dealer. I guess the visually astounding skills of the Gold Coast website (its a darn purty website!) couldn't even find a home for this car.

Its now listed back at $69.8k

Hi, there,
Not the one I posted?
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160433

9,300 mile 2005 LBB/blue w/MT
JH4NA21655S000118

Come visit me in Pittsburgh. $79k advertised price. Skip the video, it's just a robo-voice with the same still photos as the ad, providing valuable insightful info insight as: rear wheel drive...power mirrors AND power steering...and a cheery "the sunroof lets fresh air in".... :)

http://www.auto-palace.com/VehicleDetails/used-2005-Acura-NSX-Manual-Pittsburgh-PA/1812460983

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?vin=JH4NA21655S000118&partner=VAS_0

-6909485302089251724_2

-6909485302089251724_17

Neal this one would sure look nice next to your other blue.

Last edited:
FYI -

there will be a 2005 red/tan with 16K mileage coming available at Scottsdale Ferrari very soon...

It is a well-known car owned by two Primer's: YoJacks and Rob4092xx

Rob sold it to SF yesterday.

The car is in absurdly clean condition, saw it yesterday afternoon before Rob took it to the dealer. SOS knows the car too..

Its not up on the SF website yet, give them a jingle.

Keep this one in the Primer community.

http://www.scottsdaleferrari.com/
6825 East McDowell Road Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 991-5322

FYI -

there will be a 2005 red/tan with 16K mileage coming available at Scottsdale Ferrari very soon...

It is a well-known car owned by two Primer's: YoJacks and Rob4092xx

Rob sold it to SF yesterday.

The car is in absurdly clean condition, saw it yesterday afternoon before Rob took it to the dealer. SOS knows the car too..

Its not up on the SF website yet, give them a jingle.

Keep this one in the Primer community.

http://www.scottsdaleferrari.com/
6825 East McDowell Road Scottsdale, AZ 85257
(480) 991-5322

Any idea what they are going to ask for it or what it was sold for? I've seen that car many times here locally and love the subtle mods yojack put on there!

Back