• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 NSX vs. Ferrari 348 thread...

This guy has the knowledge :)

"Chris,

At least consider the best NSXs for a move to the dark side...

I don't know what your experience is with the NSX, and I wouldn't mean to suggest that you don't have any. However, I would like to give you my opinion.

The 1995 and 1996 NSX cars were the best. They had the special electronic steering that was fiddled with and made inferior from 1997 onward. The '95 and '96 cars have a very, very slight power assist that magically disappears at speed and around turns. It's amazing. You can really feel the road.

I thought my Dad was nuts when he said, after having a 1996, 1997, and 2002 NSX (3 out of the 4 different NSXs) that the 1996 was the best. Recently I went out and found him a 1996 NSX (with 8,000 miles! red/tan!), and I have to say -- it is a faster car than the 1997 and the 2002 cars. The NSX doesn't need the 6th gear that was given to it. A car with more gears is supposed to be faster, but Acura missed the mark there. They didn't gear the car properly for six gears; and they didn't properly address that issue for the 2002 update."

IMHO the year NSX is 93-94.

Lightest sans power steering and had dual airbags.

OBD-1

No snap ring ailments.

Bang for the Buck is greater than the later model ones.

Now to answer your question:

Is it better to have a reliable 6 inch penis that works on demand or an 8" penis that ain't reliable.

Holy crap!! I went to the Ferrari Chat site...and I guess I should have seen what was coming...lol...absolute crap!! A majority of the Ferrai owner's remarks about the NSX were total crap - absolutely unfounded and quite insulting to boot!! What a stinking waste of time:mad:

Dam - :cool: I should have seen it coming...lol...I should have seen it coming...I should have seen it coming....

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185263&page=4

We should not jump in to this one, (like we have in the past).
The least common denominator here can make us all look foolish.
And Fool for Fool, we will be quickly out numbered.
So, if you feel compelled to post on their thread, Please pass.
If the guy does not trade, he is a fool. Unless he does like making money.
If we do all show up, we will hear about cars "soul" and have to explain how great Honda has done in F1, etc, etc. Its just not worth it trying to educate
the regulars that post on these types of threads over there.

Again, resist posting. Even if they do start posting photos of their wife's, girlfriends and daughters posing with NSX's.
Take a drive today because you can.
That's what I am going to do.
What a beautiful day it is today!
See you on PCH!

Thank you.

Hmm, read the thread on the Ferrari forum.
ALMOST wanted to register there, just to get some fact straight.

It is just me or does it look like those guys just don't really know the 'other' cars out there.
Usually, from my experience, if there is a NSX versus Car X thread, there will be people who are able to put forward the personal opinions on those cars, putting forward the pros and cons of each model and then make their decision known based on what they feel is the best decision for them. There tends to be very little car-bashing going on.
As for me, I took a good look at the F355 and 348 when I was considering the NSX (as well as the Porsche 911). I decided to go with the NSX because it felt right for ME. And in the end, that's the only thing that matters.

Now to answer your question:

Is it better to have a reliable 6 inch penis that works on demand or an 8" penis that ain't reliable.

ROFL:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185263

I guess it goes both ways, if a guy asked us if he should trade low mileage 2005 NSX against a Ferrari 348 - we'd be "Are you nuts!? :eek: "

Different cars for different people I guess :)
That's interesting, a low mileage 2005 NSX is about same in value as a F355, but he want a 348, a car that was every thing car journalists don't want, and did not beat a 1991 NSX in pertty much every area.

Last edited:
There's no use in registering there an arguing, or even trying to make a logical point. I tried a while back and got banned. It was fun!!

Seriously, this is the argument:

Wife: Should I trade my $1500 Gucci handbag for a new flat screen TV to replace our 21" black and white Zenith?

Husband: Hell yeah!!! Are you kidding? I've always wondered why we don't have a nice, functioning, exciting TV, despite all your shoes and handbags.

Wife: Because I love handbags, and Gucci is the best brand! I'm PASSIONATE about my Gucci bag. It has heritage. It's classy. Everyone knows it's a Gucci.

Husband: Wouldn't you rather have something you can use????

Wife: I can. I use it on weekends at the mall. Sometimes.

Husband: What a joke. I can't believe how stupid and pretentious you are.

Wife: What did you just say??!!

Husband: Nothing. :rolleyes:

Hahaha, skibanker that is f*cking hilarious !!!!

I'm not trying to be wise or nasty but what they need is NetViper over there telling them how the 348, 355, 360 and 430 doesn't measure up to the C6 ZO6 and how the new ZR1 will bury anything Ferrari has to offer.
When THAT happens PLEASE let me know. I want a front seat.:biggrin:

I'm not trying to be wise or nasty but what they need is NetViper over there telling them how the 348, 355, 360 and 430 doesn't measure up to the C6 ZO6 and how the new ZR1 will bury anything Ferrari has to offer.

Done. But I don't think I was offensive. We'll see. I think I mainly just offend you.

Different cars for different people I guess :)

I think that's all it comes down to. I like Ferrari, but they don't impress me. Show me ONE Ferrari with 300,000 miles on the stock motor, and I'll change my opinion. Until then, they're posers.

Real car guys drive their cars.

They won't care. They have a Ferrari and that's all that matters. The owner group Enzo hated...

This guy has the knowledge :)

"Chris,

At least consider the best NSXs for a move to the dark side...

I don't know what your experience is with the NSX, and I wouldn't mean to suggest that you don't have any. However, I would like to give you my opinion.

The 1995 and 1996 NSX cars were the best. They had the special electronic steering that was fiddled with and made inferior from 1997 onward. The '95 and '96 cars have a very, very slight power assist that magically disappears at speed and around turns. It's amazing. You can really feel the road.

I thought my Dad was nuts when he said, after having a 1996, 1997, and 2002 NSX (3 out of the 4 different NSXs) that the 1996 was the best. Recently I went out and found him a 1996 NSX (with 8,000 miles! red/tan!), and I have to say -- it is a faster car than the 1997 and the 2002 cars. The NSX doesn't need the 6th gear that was given to it. A car with more gears is supposed to be faster, but Acura missed the mark there. They didn't gear the car properly for six gears; and they didn't properly address that issue for the 2002 update."

Wow. That is STUPID! The 95-96 are the worst years to own. (no offense to anyone with one.. I had one too) They were the heaviest and slowest of the bunch.

97+ is the only way to go IMO. I did love my 93, but honestly I like power steering. :)

Of course a C6 will blow them all away...j/k:biggrin:

I think that's all it comes down to. I like Ferrari, but they don't impress me. Show me ONE Ferrari with 300,000 miles on the stock motor, and I'll change my opinion. Until then, they're posers.

Real car guys drive their cars.

Yeah, not too many high mileage about there.

It is funny that they consider "high mileage" like 20K. We barely consider 90K high mileage.

I have a friend with a 360CS and he drives it everyday. It has been very reliable. No problems at all. He gave up driving it at the track though because the tires and brakes were too expensive. Instead he bought a 308LM race car. It has 300HP and weights like 2200 lbs. It is a blast.

One of the reasons Ferrari went back and designed the F355 was because of the NSX dessimating the 348. 348 gearboxes had a tendency to self-destruct. Clutch replacemnet involves a new flywheel for $3,200, a double disc clutch for $1,800, a throw out bearing for $600 and $450 labor. :eek: Electrical problems included defective ECU's, failure prone alternators, and recalcitrant starters. A new alternator is $1,400.:mad: Interior plastic parts get soft and sticky in hot weather and the A/C controls are prone to failure. :rolleyes: There is a plastic compnenet in the key assembly that can fail, which requires a new $1,000 lock setup. The engine used a single long serpentine timing belt for all four camshafts which made degreeing the cams a very difficult task. Thus, the major service cost well north of $5,000 plus parts. How do I know all of this, I wanted a Ferrari and learned this directly from the Ferrari magazine Forza. I am so glad I bought my '02 NSX and did my homework. I thought I would just share this info to save any NSX owner time if they are contemplating making the switch. Don't do it! :wink:

I just read several threads from the F-chat. I find all of you gentlemen and ladies much more distinguished with your car knowledge and grammar. I was not impressed with the content of their threads and posts. Kuddos to you all:biggrin:

Well nice thing is it's being compared to another exotic and not a souped up econo car:biggrin:

With that said I've been to the track with my areas local F club and they are truly cool! I've been to other events as well and they we all pretty much a great bunch of guys. A lot of them will tell you the guys that act like jerks on F-chat don't even own a Ferrari.

Done. But I don't think I was offensive. We'll see. I think I mainly just offend you.

You have never been offensive to me nor offended me.:confused: It's just car talk.:cool:

I read your posts, very good points and good defense of the NSX. No one seemed to notice, care, dispute or take umbrage to your touting the ZO6 Vette.

These fellow love their Ferrari's and that's that. I can understand. We love our cars too.

Yeah, not too many high mileage about there.

It is funny that they consider "high mileage" like K. We barely consider K high mileage.

When you say "we" you're referring to the NSX, not Corvette, right?:biggrin:

Last edited:
You have never been offensive to me nor offended me.:confused: It's just car talk.:cool:

When you say "we" you're referring to the NSX, not Corvette, right?:biggrin:
LOL. You know I have no idea what vette guys consider high mileage. I bought mine with 0. I guess with a 5 year 100K warranty, I would consider it 101K. :)

For the non "F chit" members who cant see the pic's.
Here is a dandy from page 4.
My other post here might make more sense now..... LOL LOL

NSX PRIME RULES!!!!
Chris27s20Angels1.jpg

Back