• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2005 Silver Bullet build. TURBO2GO

I have to start or I will never get this done. I bought this 2005 in 2006 after searching for a year to find the color combo I wanted. Silver on Silver. The car was one-owner and had 3200 miles. I gave up another black brand new NSX because I wanted this color combo. Now after all these mods it doesn't even matter. My philosophy with this car has always been meticulous maintenance, no mods that hinder performance or original design intent, and the best of what I could afford. That's the short of it, but I want to keep dialogue low, and content high on this. This build post should have been made back in 06 when I joined prime and had 15,000 fewer posts.

Here is the car stock other than a Downforce R wing:

bullet.jpg

Here it is after I added a Downforce carbon/carbon hood, and a Cantrell lower lip:

56F9FA10-5DBC-4A0E-AC7C-A16E5D0A2AD4-1332-000003C5ECA2839D.jpg

My first order of business was to make the stellar Honda shifter even better and I used these items: swapped the standard stalk for the type R stalk. Added a Cedar Ridge Fabrication (titanium dave) short throw shift module. Changed the OEM knob to a Type R knob. Added a Type R boot. This dramatically reduced throw and the lack of cushioning in the titanium R knob gave a more mechanical feel and feedback to gear changes. I found a ball type knob fits in my hand best and the titanium R knob is not as sensitive to picking up heat and cold so it always feel fine on the hand. It worked terrific:

S.Shifter_zpslxgcxdnf.jpg

R%20stalk_zpsfvyymyyt.jpg

R%20boot_zpstxoezvf9.jpg

R%20Knob_zpsgx4melo0.jpg

Last edited:
My next mod was the exhast system which I imported directly from Japan, from GT-one. Later on I learned these exhausts are made by RF Yamamoto. The header was the best I could find, I decided to go with this header over the Fujitsubo mainly because this is the only header I know of where all 6 sylinder pipes are of equal length. Most othee "equal length" headers vary bank to bank. 3 are equal and the other 3 are equal but all 6 are not.

The exhaust is the only one I know of on the NSX to date. The 5.0 was valve controlled, from inside the cabin. The 5.1 later came out to save costs and did not include the valve. Everyone assumed it was an improved model but it was the same exhaust. It sounded great but in my quest to save weight I later traded it for an ARC titanium. Nontheless the setup with cat bypass pipes and JDM honda Jazz 02 sensors cost over $7000.

38_zpscwitdi2q.jpg

55_zpsst4bwqek.jpg

56_zpsqvgszi0h.jpg

14678IMG_0496_zps2n5niu7b.jpg

here is a photo of the ARC titanium. This under 12 pounds whereas the GT-on 5.0 was 28. The Arc is also a rare pricey exhaust, usually sold between $4400-6000. No longer made.

16080207676_cf6bd01286_k_zps5ru7vq6b.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the post. Car looks great. Is that the black painted or exposed carbon fiber deck lid spoiler? I have been thinking about one and wasn't sure how it would look in black vs matching paint. Hood looks fantastic.

That's pretty cool. So the exhaust valve could be set to bypass the "pretzel type piping?"
Did it offer any noticeable changes? I'd love to find something similar where you can have performance and decibels on tap but then quiet things down some when needed.

Thanks for the post. Car looks great. Is that the black painted or exposed carbon fiber deck lid spoiler? I have been thinking about one and wasn't sure how it would look in black vs matching paint. Hood looks fantastic.

It was the exposed carbon. I no longer own that spoiler. You'll see later as I continue finishing this build thread.

That's pretty cool. So the exhaust valve could be set to bypass the "pretzel type piping?"
Did it offer any noticeable changes? I'd love to find something similar where you can have performance and decibels on tap but then quiet things down some when needed.

It bypassed the "bypass" pipes that didn'trun exhaust through the muffler. It made some difference especially on the highway where you could cut any drone to almost zero. But other than that the effect was small.

TURBO,

I love your philosophy with modding, and I tend to approach modding with the same goals/perspective.

Thanks.

cool! nice car :D

Thank you. Build thread is far from finished I can only dedicate so much time at once to it.

Back