• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2006 All-Honda F1 Team

Does anyone have any inside scoop on the new (renamed) Honda Formula 1 team. Will BAR play any part? Also, are the new team colors what we saw at the final, Chinese Grand Prix?

tobacco band , eh, kinda like the california raisins? :biggrin:

ericwgnsx said:
Does anyone have any inside scoop on the new (renamed) Honda Formula 1 team. Will BAR play any part? Also, are the new team colors what we saw at the final, Chinese Grand Prix?

No new news has been given. The only info out there is that with the purchase of the remaining BAT ownership by Honda, the F1 team will be renamed. I doubt the China GP colors will extend into next season.

If I remember right, the China GP colors were also used two years ago in China.. they are the colors of the '555' tobacco brand which is owned by BAT and infinitely more popular in China than their Lucky Strike brand.

From what I've read in BAR's site. I believe that BAT will NOT be sponsors of the car anylonger. So we might see a brand new Sponsors that would replace BAT.

And I am so excited to see/hear that new V8 2.4L engine sound!

Anybody knows what other regulations will change for next yr?

I don't really have the inside scoop, or do I. I will bet that there will be a certain Englishman named Dan Wheldon in one of the cars though!

Dated 21 October 05........ :cool:

So does this means that they will go back to multi sets of tires.. as well as Qualifying fuel loads will be as low as possible then they can add fuel before race day?

Although I don't know when these rule changes will come into play, they may make it as soon as 2006/2007.

-Slicks are making a return.
-Tire changing is making a return.
-Qualifying will now take part in three phases. The five slowest cars will drop out after a first 15-minute session, another five will drop out after a second 15-minute session. The remaining ten cars will then compete for pole in a final 20-minute session.
-New, radical rear wing that will aid in overtaking. (It looks weird.)

Source: f1racing.net

changing times...

POWERED by HONDA said:
-New, radical rear wing that will aid in overtaking. (It looks weird.)

Source: f1racing.net

53363.jpg

CDG Wing (Centreline Downwash Generating Wing)

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=101964

waldorf said:
If I remember right, the China GP colors were also used two years ago in China.. they are the colors of the '555' tobacco brand which is owned by BAT and infinitely more popular in China than their Lucky Strike brand.

That is the exact reason. I would like to see them go with the 05 test car color scheme.

Attachments

• mmhggm.jpg
    mmhggm.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 303
jgtcnsx said:
honda is takin it over. they tried the same thing when they were with willliams and mclaren, but of course those two would never let that happen

Honda never attempted to take over Williams and McLaren back during their partnerships. Where are you getting this from? :confused:

The WMSC also considered the possibility of the 11th Honda-powered Japanese team joining F1 already in 2006, and adjusted the qualifying format accordingly

more

Honda F1 Racing said:
Honda never attempted to take over Williams and McLaren back during their partnerships. Where are you getting this from? :confused:

bill espain from speed tv, when jensons deal about goint to williams was goin on, he said there was rumor of honda trying to take over bar, " as they tried on williams honda and mclaren honda when they were at thier prime". when he said take over, he means more of runing it, not actually buying it. i thought it was crazy when i first heard it myself.

HondaRacingF1Team.jpg

New name, new face of B.A.R Honda

Honda Racing F1 Team is the new name chosen by Honda for its Formula One team.

The new identity follows the acquisition by Honda Motor Co. Ltd of the full 100% shareholding in B·A·R Honda.

The name has been selected to reflect Honda's rich and successful heritage in the sport - a theme which will permeate every element of the team's new identity.

During its first two generations of Formula One competition - from 1964 to 1968 and from 1983 to 1992 - Honda won eleven world titles in both the Constructors' and Drivers' championships with a total of 71 race wins.

Taking inspiration from these historic Honda cars, the Honda Racing F1 Team car entry for the 2006 season will be the RA106 and the new V8 Honda engine will be the RA806E, consistent with the nomenclature from its previous two generations of F1 competition.

The team's full competition entry name will be Lucky Strike Honda Racing F1 Team. Whilst founding partner and former shareholder British American Tobacco has agreed to sell its equity in the team, 2006 will see a continuation of its innovative Lucky Strike title sponsorship programme and the brand identity will continue to form the basis of the race car livery next season.

Commenting on the new team name, Nick Fry, Chief Executive Officer, said: “Over the past few weeks I have been delighted to observe the progress we have made in the transition to Honda ownership. The name change is perhaps the clearest manifestation of the fact that we are now all part of Honda. It creates a focal point for the team culture going forward, and with an eye towards Honda's proud heritage, the name reminds us all that we have the depth, determination and resource required to fulfil our racing ambitions.”

Although the team's 2006 race car livery will have a familiar feel, the team has unveiled an exciting new look for its '06 Concept car, which the team began testing this week in Barcelona. Honda Racing White provides the base canvas, a colour which has been synonymous with the Honda motorsport identity since the RA271, driven by Ronnie Bucknum, marked Honda's F1 debut at the Nürburgring in 1964. The more familiar red, combined with elements of the Lucky Strike brand's colour palette, complete this striking new livery, which will be used throughout the winter testing period leading up to the track debut of the RA106 race car.

The '06 Concept car combines this year's B·A·R Honda 007 race chassis with the newly-designed 2006 rear end components, including the all-new Honda V8 engine. The Concept car plays a vital role in the development of next year's car, allowing for the early running of the new powertrain, gearbox and rear suspension assembly.

Whilst the Concept car livery is already on show at the Circuit de Catalunya, the new team name was confirmed by the FIA today in its publication of the official 2006 team entry list and will be introduced with immediate effect.

In addition, the FIA has published the 2006 driver entry list, which confirms that the team's driver line-up of Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button will compete with driver numbers 11 and 12 respectively. The allocated driver numbers reflect the team's position in the 2005 Constructors' Championship, with Jenson relinquishing his right, as the incumbent driver, to the lead entry number and handing it to Rubens after learning how special the number has been to him throughout his career.

http://www.BARHondaF1.com
3118_800.jpg

Wandering off topic here but i was just wondering, has anyone got their NSX in race livery? I'd like to see an NSX-R in in the above colours!

-Rob

Honda Racing is using the recent Barcelona tests to run comparisions between the 05 car and the hybrid (05 chassis and V8 engine). Willis and Co. want to get a good benchmark on the improvements they've made thus far. I'm supposing they're working on aero b/c that's where the '05 car stayed uncompetitive.

Yeah... from the testing I saw yesterday, it looks like the V-8 is about 2 seconds off from the V-10... I'm happy it's not crazy slower, but 2 seconds seems like an eternity in F1. :(

Back