• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2006 S2000 Comptech Supercharger

thanks. Saw that. '06's will need this option perhaps to keep up with us ap1's :tongue:

On a side note, it is surprising but pleasant to see how many actual NSX'rs also own an S2000 :cool:

S-TO-8K said:
thanks. Saw that. '06's will need this option perhaps to keep up with us ap1's :tongue:

On a side note, it is surprising but pleasant to see how many actual NSX'rs also own an S2000 :cool:

LoL

Yeah I hated having one w/o the other. I might actually do this upgrade ,but I want to see if it can be done with the toda header which also requires a reflash. Did you see that just a reflash on the 06 supposedly gains 16hp and 14lbs tq? Reflash with the Toda header is 20hp and 23lb of torque. If these gains actually add and don't subtract from the Supercharger gains we could be looking at 300rwhp and that would be great on an S2K.

Toda header reflash link

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_s2k_toda_header.html

BioBanker said:
My friend got 300HP out of his bolted on CTSCd S2000 with the other basic stuff. AP2

Hmmm then maybe my numbers will be greater if I actually do this. I need that Vancehu money..LoL

WingZ said:
LoL

Yeah I hated having one w/o the other. I might actually do this upgrade ,but I want to see if it can be done with the toda header which also requires a reflash. Did you see that just a reflash on the 06 supposedly gains 16hp and 14lbs tq? Reflash with the Toda header is 20hp and 23lb of torque. If these gains actually add and don't subtract from the Supercharger gains we could be looking at 300rwhp and that would be great on an S2K.

Toda header reflash link

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_s2k_toda_header.html

That would definitely be great on the S. Hope you will decide to do some mods. to not make her feel neglected compared to your NSX :biggrin:

S-TO-8K said:
That would definitely be great on the S. Hope you will decide to do some mods. to not make her feel neglected compared to your NSX :biggrin:

Awesome, 2 supercharged VTEC beasts:biggrin: I hate the fact my S2K is quicker than my NSX:frown:

The Kid said:
Awesome, 2 supercharged VTEC beasts:biggrin: I hate the fact my S2K is quicker than my NSX:frown:

Hey Mike, i'm pretty sure the s2000 will be quicker in a straight line because of the power to weight ratio but what about around the race track? If the NSX is quicker around the track you'll have have the best of both worlds.

Tai said:
What's different on the '06 S2000 that warrants a different supercharger?

The 06 has DBW ( drive by wire ) and tunable ECU which previous models did not have. The 06 also has vehicle stability control ,but it's not very agressive as I've had the car completely sideways before it kicks in:biggrin: The DBW is also as good as the NSX's and I can't detect any difference between the 02 and 04 models that I had.

Although my friends 300hp (298 dynod) S2000 sounds faster than what youd think a stock NA2 NSX would run, I dont think it was.

The CT S2000 charger is a whipple charger (I think) and it is very peaky. Down the straight on the track, neither my stockish NA2 or his blown and aftercooled S2000 pulled on the other.

Then my car got charged and it was GAME OVER.

I think you can thank CompTech for bringing Shad back to finish off the kit. At least, that's what I heard a couple of months ago.

BioBanker said:
Although my friends 300hp (298 dynod) S2000 sounds faster than what youd think a stock NA2 NSX would run, I dont think it was.

The CT S2000 charger is a whipple charger (I think) and it is very peaky. Down the straight on the track, neither my stockish NA2 or his blown and aftercooled S2000 pulled on the other.

Then my car got charged and it was GAME OVER.

I thought the S2000 SC was a centrifugal.

Matt_337 said:
I thought the S2000 SC was a centrifugal.

It is:wink: This supercharger kit utilizes the benefits of a centrifugal supercharger, and is designed to match the factory power characteristics of the high revving Honda 2.2L power plant. Its a Vortech Unit, if I recall. Go TURBO.

Sorry, yeah thats right. Power delivery is similar to a whipple though - all top end, which works for S2000s.

BUT just because a S2000 may peak at 300HP, it does not mean that it is faster than a 250whp NSX. My experience is that they're about the same.

But wow, those S2000 kits are about half the cost of the NSX kit. They're aftercooled as well. Awesome value.

I want to get an S2000 again. What awesome cars.

BioBanker said:
But wow, those S2000 kits are about half the cost of the NSX kit. They're aftercooled as well. Awesome value.

I want to get an S2000 again. What awesome cars.

Yeah that's the one thing that bugs me is that it's( Supercharger ) making the same amount of hp as the one on the S2K ,but double the cost. The Lovefab turbo option to me at least is a much better deal ( especially since he's having a special right now ) ,but the thought of trying to control 700rwhp on the track is pretty daunting ( at least at my level of expierence ).

LoL I'm on my third and so far this one ( the 06' )is my favorite. They just keep making these cars better:wink:

Last edited:
me and some friends just finished an 06 customized turbo setup, still needs some tuning but at 6-8psi it's already pushing over 300+ whp and 200+torque before the stock clutch starts to slip, all done before 6K on the rpm so after a new clutch some more test and tuning and 3K more rpm bandwidth itll be fun :) i'll post some pictures and some dyno sheets when i can.

WingZ said:
Yeah that's the one thing that bugs me is that it's( Supercharger ) making the same amount of hp as the one on the S2K ,but double the cost. The Lovefab turbo option to me at least is a much better deal ( especially since he's having a special right now ) ,but the thought of trying to control 700rwhp on the track is pretty daunting ( at least at my level of expierence ).

The Turbo option is nice but Im afraid of the reliability factor. My S2K is quicker than my NSX but its not always just about the speed. The CTSC is alot of cash but its was the right choice for me. I wanted a reliable but much faster car. Bolt-ons werent going to do the trick and I wanted something that I could still enjoy years from now.

No Imola Orange for 07?

WingZ said:
The Lovefab turbo option to me at least is a much better deal ( especially since he's having a special right now ) ,but the thought of trying to control 700rwhp on the track is pretty daunting ( at least at my level of expierence ).

Appearently, Lovefab is crap on s2k's because of all the motor vibration.

The Kid said:
No Imola Orange for 07?

Nope.

spyderplayer2002 said:
Appearently, Lovefab is crap on s2k's because of all the motor vibration.

I have the Inline Pro Turbo kit, f'ing awesome:biggrin:

spyderplayer2002 said:
Yeah Inline Pro has some really cool stuff. Aren't they doing a 2.8 stroker or something?

Im satisfied as is, Im not looking to spend anymore money. 2.8 kit? Insane, alot of guys are running 2.5 and monster turbo's. I might have replace the diff. with the Nissan one.

The Kid said:
Im satisfied as is, Im not looking to spend anymore money. 2.8 kit? Insane, alot of guys are running 2.5 and monster turbo's. I might have replace the diff. with the Nissan one.

Yeah I've heard about that nissan diff swap. The guys that did the 2jz swap are putting in a nissan diff.

Personally I prefer a turbo setup for an S2000 over a supercharger setup due to it better comlimenting the S2000's lack of low end torque. Even with the stock US spec. AP2 2.2L motor, it(torque) has increased some but not quiet enough to go celebrate. Therefore I have an Inline Pro kit +AEM on the way for my '02 :smile: and not a SC'r

From 20k miles experience driving a supercharged NSX, I feel a SC does a great job to improve the existing broader powerband and is worth the investment for an NSX.

Back