• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2010 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity

I went to this last year, was actually a HUGE turnout. Age group is very broad, you have everything from age 16 through 50+. Very diverse, a lot of variety, good cause. Any interest among other local NSX owners??

----------------

2010 University of Maryland Spring Meet - May 2nd, 2010

cptfront10.jpg

cptback10.jpg

2010 University of Maryland Spring Meet for Charity
hosted by College Park Tuning

• • Thousands of different cars
    • Dyno pulls
    • BBQ
    • Live DJ
    • 50/50 Raffle
    • Raffle Prizes
We will be asking for 1(or more) non-perishable food item per person as they enter the lot. If you forget to bring an item or prefer not to, we will collect a $1 donation on your way into the lot. All the donations collected from admission, food sales and the 50/50 raffle are going to be donated to Martha’s Table (Martha's Table | Serving the needs of the Washington, DC community through food, learning, healthy living, recreational and family support services.).

University of Maryland – College Park Campus, Parking Lots 9 & 11. Overflow parking at the View and Lot 4
Directions to Campus
*Expect heavy traffic, we are sorry for this inconvenience and will be trying to move people in/out of the meet as quickly as possible*

Date
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010

Time
Noon, 12:00 pm. If you show up before this time you will NOT be let into the parking lot

Food
• BBQ, Hamburgers, Hot Dogs on the grill
• Soft drinks and other refreshments
*There will be a separate place just for water*

Dyno
• $75.00 for 2 - 3 baseline pulls w/ A/F and printout. FWD or RWD only
• If you are interested in dynoing your car, please send an email to [email protected] or follow this link. We are trying to have people pre-register for the dyno.

Basic Rules
1. No tents
2. No alcohol
3. No grilles (you can bring other food or drinks)
4. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
5. Chairs are permitted everywhere but a parking space
6. No saving spaces (You might wind up next to a Honda or a Ferrari and maybe make a new friend)

The Last four years meets were great successes. Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us! We look forward to seeing you all again!

Basic Rules
1. No tents
2. No alcohol
3. No grilles (you can bring other food or drinks)
4. No scandalous attire (this is a family event)
5. Chairs are permitted everywhere but a parking space
6. No saving spaces (You might wind up next to a Honda or a Ferrari and maybe make a new friend)

I guess I can't wear my thigh-high's...

is it super packed? easy to get in and out? Will all the NSX be together? I can stop by for an hour or so but wouldn't like to stick around all day.

is it super packed? easy to get in and out? Will all the NSX be together? I can stop by for an hour or so but wouldn't like to stick around all day.

They're expecting 5,000+ vehicles this year. Yes, it will be packed and the only way everyone will be together is if we all get there at the same time, which obviously isn't going to happen since not really anyone has expressed interest from this forum until the 11th hour.

They're expecting 5,000+ vehicles this year. Yes, it will be packed and the only way everyone will be together is if we all get there at the same time, which obviously isn't going to happen since not really anyone has expressed interest from this forum until the 11th hour.

I was there last year, I was not so impressed with the whole layout of the meet, they ran out of bottle water for everyone when it was 90+ degrees outside. Now if they where giving out free lap dances (girls 21+) for bring our cars then I would be down for going.

Bryan

I was there last year, I was not so impressed with the whole layout of the meet, they ran out of bottle water for everyone when it was 90+ degrees outside. Now if they where giving out free lap dances (girls 21+) for bring our cars then I would be down for going.

Bryan

The layout is iffy and I'm pretty sure they corrected the water issue for this year. I mainly like it because it's usually the one event I go to for a couple hours and get to see a lot of people I haven't seen in a very long time - and allow for a chance to catch up. Besides, it's all for a good cause. :)

Back