• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2011 BCS Championship Game

What an incredible finish to the game. I'm glad I wasn't partial to either school. That way I was able to sit back and enjoy the 4th quarter action.

Congrats to Auburn: 2010-11 National Champions

Last edited:
What a game. I went to Washington State, but since they don't have a football team :wink:, and I work in Oregon, I've adopted the Ducks as my team over the last few years. I can't say I'm heartbroken, and with so many errors, they deserved to lose, but I've never lost so much hope so fast as I did with the tackle, but not really a tackle, ending.

Oh well, I'm sure my Seahawks are gonna come through...

The right team won. The team I wanted to win lost. Sucks that it was sealed on a fluke play (being tackled without actually hitting the ground). :rolleyes:

Re: Well, they didn't exactly "Coug it" but close

What a game. I went to Washington State, but since they don't have a football team :wink:, and I work in Oregon, I've adopted the Ducks as my team over the last few years. I can't say I'm heartbroken, and with so many errors, they deserved to lose, but I've never lost so much hope so fast as I did with the tackle, but not really a tackle, ending.

Oh well, I'm sure my Seahawks are gonna come through...

Having lived in Spokane from '74-99, I became quite cynical and jaded when it comes to supporting NW football. But the Ducks almost pulled it out last night. Of course not completing the tackle was not surprising to NW fans, huh? Next time, I'm sure that Oregon player standing over them will gently lay down on top of them to complete the tackle and get the whistle. I'm sure his excuse was that he feared a late piling on call, but....whatever, that's another topic.

Now as far as the Seahawks, well, Pete Carroll can only do so much. I look for a more typical disappointment on Saturday. :redface:

Curmudgeon Central over and out.

Interesting article on yahoo about the was he down tackle. Again, I think the Ducks deserved to lose based on a multitude of reasons (though I would have liked to see them win) but its interesting to see an almost identical play called back, and the corresponding rule used to make the decisions.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...wasn-t-down-unless-he-was-de?urn=ncaaf-306198

Now as far as the Seahawks, well, Pete Carroll can only do so much. I look for a more typical disappointment on Saturday. :redface:

I for one do not expect the typical disappointment. I fully expect the uber-mega-back to reality disappointment that only Seattle based sports can provide. :frown:

Re: You got that right !!!

I for one do not expect the typical disappointment. I fully expect the uber-mega-back to reality disappointment that only Seattle based sports can provide.

Ah yes, back to reality. :redface: :biggrin::biggrin:

Good thing I endured my 25 years of Northwest disappointment/cynacism; It helps me laugh now at the Sacto Kings. :rolleyes:

^^^
Yeah I guess your right, I mean Seattle won an NBA championship 30 years ago, and we were the WNBA champions in 2004 and 2010. Seattle sports pretty much rule. San Diego is good if your into beautiful women, and great weather and all, but can that ever compare to WNBA champs x 2? Fagetaboutit. :biggrin:

Back