• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2012 NSX Concept

2012 Detroit Auto Show: Acura NSX Concept
By Josh Jacquot | January 9, 2012

Details on Acura's pending NSX are vague at best, but here's what we know for sure:

It will be powered by a mid-mounted, direct-injected VTEC V6 and two electric motors.
Utilizing "Sport Hybrid" Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive, the NSX's powertrain will individually adjust torque to each front wheel.
A dual-clutch transmission packaged with one of the electric motors will deliver power to the ground.

The car will come to market inside of three years.
Honda Motor Company President and CEO Takanobu Ito said the new NSX will be developed at Honda's research and development facility in Ohio. The car will also be built at a Honda assembly plant in that state.

The NSX production car, should it retain the same dimensions as the prototype, will be slightly smaller in every dimension than an Audi R8. It rides on a 101.3-inch wheelbase.

IMG_1190-thumb-717x537-111530.jpg

IMG_1208-thumb-717x537-111551.jpg

IMG_1205-thumb-717x537-111555.jpg

IMG_1200-thumb-717x537-111560.jpg

IMG_1202-thumb-717x537-111567.jpg

Please.....enough already!!

How many of these threads do we need?! Hasn't anyone noticed there are already multiple identical threads posted all day about this. :confused:

Please.....enough already!!

How many of these threads do we need?! Hasn't anyone noticed there are already multiple identical threads posted all day about this. :confused:

Bob-I agree, but this "Threads in Forum : Second Generation NSX / HSC / Unicorn Discussion" is the hottest thread on prime right now. :biggrin:

And the OP did post it in the right section with relevance.

Really? C'mon Bob it IS a NSX site. It's not like it's "what's you favorite Vietnamese coffee shop.

Last edited:
Bob-I agree, but this "Threads in Forum : Second Generation NSX / HSC / Unicorn Discussion" is the hottest thread on prime right now. :biggrin:

And the OP did post it in the right section with relevance.

Every thread says the same thing and has the same photos. Yes, it is the hot topic of the day but it seems like every couple of minutes someone starts a new thread and regurgitates what has already been posted multiple times. Hopefully they will all get merged so the conversation will all be in one place.

Really? C'mon Bob it IS a NSX site. It's not like it's "what's you favorite Vietnamese coffee shop.

But let's keep it centralized. There are identical threads in this forum and other forums as well including regional forums. One thread allows everyone to read and comment without cross-posts all over the board.

Well, well, well... Looks like Christmas came late for us this year. What we do know looks good: mid engined (like God intends a proper supercar), 400 HP V6 with a hybrid system (can't wait to see what the engine boys have cooked up following our 20 yr old 6), dual clutch tranny, and 4wd.
What doesnt: no mention of materials (god help us if this isn't aluminum / CF ; I'm concerned as it's to be built in Ohio and there aren't any Al products made there AFAIK), contrived non-coherent styling IMHO (drop the beak for the halo car, guys,it will look stupid in 20 years, unlike the classic looks of Gen 1 which strove to mimic no other car either in or out of the product line and still gets called the bomb by 18 year olds in car-jaded Orange County), and price not even hinted at... Perhaps this is still strictly in concept and not concrete enough for a figure yet.

I could care less how many threads there are about a new NSX. Keep them coming I say.

every thread says the same thing and has the same photos. Yes, it is the hot topic of the day but it seems like every couple of minutes someone starts a new thread and regurgitates what has already been posted multiple times. Hopefully they will all get merged so the conversation will all be in one place.

++1

.what do they call texas toast in texas?

at the rate im fapping to this awesome thing, i am gonna end up in the hospital dead :biggrin:

either that or my M3 will kill my out of jealousy :D

Looks like they just copied the basic shape and style of the R8. If it really is powered by a ~300hp 3.5L V6 (350Z performance) with more power from electric motors, that would be a huge dissapointment. The engine itself should atleast be 100hp/liter. 400hp is not impressive either for a "supercar".

Im a car designer buddy, what other modern design has such a sharp end like the new NSX?

These cars would be more along the lines of the current NSX:

2013-lotus-esprit_800x0w.jpg

mp4-12c-white-01-m.jpg

Also a perfect time to pit them VS

NSX2white.jpg

courtesy of Type-SR

Honda's design looks better than both IMO

comparison:
Esprit
2013-lotus-esprit_800x0w.jpg

McLaren MP4-12C
mp4-12c-white-01-m.jpg

PS'd NSX Concept
NSX2white.jpg

courtesy of Type-SR
my friend's design for NSX
393511_10150583566776224_690446223_11188967_137475301_n.jpg

:cool:

I like the new NSX better than the PP4 or the Esprit. And you KNOW it will be cheaper and WAY more reliable. These two factors are obviously huge!

According to Gorden Murray, shorter the frontal area, better and more stable the car will be, and I think Honda got it right with this design. The nose is much shorter than the MP4, Evora, R8, etc.

It really is a good design. I'm fully impressed. I just hope Honda don't mess with the "chi" when they put it through production.

What a beautiful car.

Back