• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2012 UMS Time Attack Series

Coz

Legendary Member
Had to wait for this to be awarded for 2012, now that it has I have to share it with Family, Sponsors and Friends who all played a big part in making this happen.

2012, what a year it was. Rebuilding a block that was destine to fail. Two head gaskets changes later the block became a boat anchor and a new motor was built. Then came a couple of gearbox rebuilds, first stripping a ring and pinion gear and then shaving off the main and counter 3rd gear. A turbo cartridge replacement, exhaust leaks, radiator leaks, a couple of brake rotors cracking, several turbo leaks throughout the year and other fix me things that popped up along the way. All within 12 months and 9 weekend events.

With a lot of dedication, persistence & tenacity, and learning that there is such a thing as racing luck, we earned this jacket, which I will wear with pride.

We sure weren't the fastest by any means, but with the undying support of our sponsors, family and friends....we are the:

2012 UMS Time Attack Season Champion TA-C

Sincere thanks NASA-AZ and UMS Tuning and to all the great people I race with, paddock with, and share so many great times with that make up NASA-AZ and the UMS Time Attack Series.

Special thanks to our sponsors that without their support, we couldn't have done this !

Applied Motorsports
EXEDY Racing Clutches
Dali Racing
UMS Tuning
FX Motorsports
US Customz Fabrications
KW Suspensions
TOYO Tires
JE Pistons
CT Engineering
NASA-AZ
AEM
Billy Johnson for his continuing guidance
Race Engine Development
Darton Sleeves
Canton Racing Products
RC Injectors
ENKEI Wheels
Peoria of Acura and OEMACURAPARTS.COM
CarboTech Brakes
MagnaFuel

....and of course especially my wife Elaine, who puts up with me :)

Attachments

• UMS TA Season Champion Jacket.jpg
    UMS TA Season Champion Jacket.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Congrats Coz. Well deserved. Been following you on FB and I gotta say, I was very impressed with your level of tenacity and commitment.

I love those qualities.

Wow, thank you very much, that means a lot.

In the beginning of 2012 I made the commitment to make as many events as I could. I made all 9 NASA-AZ events. 18 days of racing with the NSX with NASA alone.
Many times throughout the year I wondered what the hell am I doing...the countless hours of work on the car, the costs and the frustrations throughout the year.
I kept telling myself quitters never win and winners never quit 1/2 the year and I'm Nuts the other half and just kept going.

I have to say, I'm proud of myself, not to be arrogant, but because I didn't give up and won something for all my hard work, dedication and persistence.
...and I did it with a 22 year old NSX :)...and I have children younger than this.

Again, thank you for noticing how hard I worked for this.
That sincerely means a lot to me.

Last edited:
Congrats buddy, heck of a nice accomplishment !

Here's hoping that 2013 is mechanically boring : )

LOL...me too Chase....
Thanks brother and thanks for stopping by last Weekend out at FB...It was great to see you.

Last edited:
Congrats brother. It was great to be there with you all season. Here's to GTA and 2013!

Thanks Nick...!
Your support through the season in the trenches was a blessing brother !

Congrats brother. It was great to be there with you all season. Here's to GTA and 2013!

Congrats coz, good to see all the hard work pay off. Awesome job. Give yourself some credit as the driver.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take the jacket... I don't think that color would look good on you.

Congrats coz, good to see all the hard work pay off. Awesome job. Give yourself some credit as the driver.

Thanks Brother !....I appreciate your thoughts and the kind words !

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take the jacket... I don't think that color would look good on you.

LOL....you don't even want to know what that jacket cost me, LOL.

I will wear it with pride.
Congratulations in TA-B's Second Place Ravi.

Last edited:
Back