• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2013 Porsche Boxster Evolves into a Beauty

The new Boxster S is $60k for 315hp and weighs 2,900 lbs, which are very similar specs to the NSX while priced $30k less than a new 05 model.

Now, when the new Cayman R is released it should be around 2,800 lbs (NSX-R weight) with around 350hp, all for under $70k. Yes please:biggrin:.

when did numbers on spec sheets define the great sports cars?

the Boxster is an excellent case in point. It's so successful even though it's over priced compared to its (spec sheet) rivals. And no I don't think the brand name is the reason for this (Miata any one?).

I like the new Boxster S and would definitely buy one if I was not restoring my original six. Mid-engine is the only way to go. :tongue:

I owned an 05 boxster and the lack of luster in the interior was part of its lack of appeal, along with the lack of performance. The new 2013 Boxster appears to have resolved the interior problem from the photos. But some how made it slower for 2013 (See below)....

"The last time we tested a Boxster S, a 2009 manual transmission model to be exact, it did 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds. Porsche rates the same car at 5.3 seconds, while it rates the 981 Boxster S manual at 5.1 seconds. It rates the PDK S as 0.2 second faster than the previous model as well at 5.0 seconds flat.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1201_2013_porsche_boxster/#ixzz1mSioReor
"
It was a great car all around. Not as quick as it could have been, none the less a nice car to drive. I sold it with 23k just after three years of driving it.

The Cayman R is a nice looking upgrade from the boxster with great performance for the price. Down side is no convertible. Autoweek had a nice test drive of it and seems like a great car.

I do beleive my 02 NSX is much nicer to drive and I do like it more than I did my boxster for many reasons. An updated Dash for the NSX is what mine needs.

Back