• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2016 Cayman GT4

I have a feeling that one day, due to the mid engined design Porsche will develop caymans to the point where they will beat the 911. It will also get more respectable body lines along with a proper price tag and the 911 will still be there just to continue it's legacy.

Btw I don't like how most new sports cars are coming out on black rims.

If I had the money I'd go get one today...

One of the best looking Porsches ever made right there...and the handling is too....

I'll just wait a few years and hope they drop in price like the other used Caymans....

porsche-cayman-gt4-03-1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a wonderful option to those looking at used 997 gt3's. You can get a new GT4 for around the same $.
I want one too, would make a great track car. Rick DeMan has been making 911 powered caymans for a while.

View attachment 121701 Performance, Porsche will always be a bench mark. But still will always look like an amphibian.

GT4 is pretty unbeatable brand for new Porsche performance to $$ ratio.

Kinda follows between the lines of the nsx-r spirit in a modern euro package dare I say?

I would definitely consider in the future!

Last edited:
Great thread and links!!

I am seriously thinking of selling my beloved NSX to get one of these. I just wish I could order one!

I'm glad Porsche is still committed making such car in manual form. Thanks to my local P dealer, I was able to get an allocation for a late fall delivery. I cancelled GT3 for this car since my track day preference is manual. Only sad part is my track focused nsx will spend much less time on the track and more time sitting in the warehouse :frown:

Last edited:
I'm glad Porsche is still committed making such car in manual form. Thanks to my local P dealer, I was able to get an allocation for a late fall delivery. I cancelled GT3 for this car since my track day preference is manual. Only sad part is my track focused nsx will spend much less time on the track and more time sitting in the warehouse :frown:

Congrats on the allocation!

I've driven the Cayman R quite a bit, and it's simply astoundingly excellent. I think Porsche has successfully blended the Cayman and GT3 into the perfect track machine for minimal dollars. there's no arguing with that...

Dang - That thing sounds amazing and looks menacing! It is a 3 pedal 6 spd? His downshifts sound perfect!

I strongly considered a GT4 earlier this year. It has excited the Porsche faithful to a degree I have not seen in several years.

There have been many debates on Rennlist and elsewhere about whether the GT4 is a legitimate alternative to a used GT3. In the end, I passed on the #3 GT4 allocation at my local dealer and picked up a near-perfect original 996 GT3 with 7200 miles on it. I could not resist the sweet song of the Mezger six spinning up to 8200 RPM, and I like the 996.

Regardless, I am very happy that Porsche has built the GT4 and excited about the possibility of a GT4 RS and GT4 Cup racing series.

Back