• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2019 power system problem and power brake problem

Hey guys need some help here. My 2019 is throwing these codes since last October. The car is currently on a trickle charger. Took it in once to tustin Acura it went away (they said they charged the battery) now it’s doing it again, took it to tustin Acura again they just said keep driving it….mind u during power system problem I cannot toggle drive modes…do u guys have any suggestions?

Could there be something wrong with your charger? Battery could also be toast and is no longer properly keeping a charge. Random dash lights are most often caused by a weak battery. I have a 2019 and am on my second battery.

according to the dash im getting full charge….the tech there said the trickle charger only charges for the small battery up front not the rear 2 larger batteries. i personally think the battery needs to be replaced as well since its 5 years old. did acura cover your battery or was it out of pocket? tks for the response

Sorry about this
My battery crapped out about 3 1/2 years after delivery (codes, limited modes, warning lights on the dash) and it was covered
Your car is older, maybe they will offer some good will
Drive in Sport+ for about the last 20 minutes of your drive to charge up the itty bitty 12V

A trickle charger may damage the 12V, check the health of that first.

according to the dash im getting full charge….the tech there said the trickle charger only charges for the small battery up front not the rear 2 larger batteries. i personally think the battery needs to be replaced as well since its 5 years old. did acura cover your battery or was it out of pocket? tks for the response
Your dash shows the hybrid battery, not the 12 volt unit up front. I'm 99.9999% sure that your hybrid battery is fine as it's not responsible for what you're describing. The issue is with your 12 volt battery. A few hundred dollars. Easily changed.

Your dash shows the hybrid battery, not the 12 volt unit up front. I'm 99.9999% sure that your hybrid battery is fine as it's not responsible for what you're describing. The issue is with your 12 volt battery. A few hundred dollars. Easily changed.
hey bud tks for the suggestion i called weir canyon acura and they ordered the battery for me also they are much more honest on quoting me to install battery $50 and brake flush $175 then tustin acura $150 and $600

Avoid Weir Canyon Acura at all costs. They did something with me that was so dishonest I still can't believe it really happened. To this day, if my Acura broke down literally right in front of their dealership, I would have it towed a hundred miles to anyplace else just to avoid them.

I'll just tell the story here. I had a burned-out tail light on my ZDX and Weir Canyon Acura was relatively close to where I was working at the time. I made an appointment at lunchtime to get it swapped out, easy-peasy. After a couple of hours I started checking in to see what was taking so long--they had every excuse in the book (we're extra busy today, we had a tech call out sick, we had some emergency repairs come in that took priority, etc.). Finally I told them I'd just take the car back and try again another day; more excuses (it should just be a few more minutes, the car is already in the maintenance area, etc.)

After a couple more hours, they told me they were giving me a loaner car because they were out of light bulbs and it would be unsafe for me to drive around with a brake light out. I was getting weird vibes by this point, and happened to see my car parked off to the side of the maintenance area. I walked out and discovered they had cracked the tail light assembly getting it out so had to order a new one and were trying to hide it from me. I told them no loaner--I'd keep driving the ZDX until the new tail light assembly came in.

I went back a few days later, had it replaced, and it wasn't until I got home that I looked at the receipt and they had labeled it as "customer reports tail light assembly is cracked; one-time customer goodwill gesture to replace part"--they even lied to Acura corporate! I fumed and wondered whether to contact the GM (decided not to, because a culture that lacks integrity usually comes from the top) or Acura corporate (decided not to, because I didn't think they'd do anything), and finally decided just never to go to them again and to tell this story whenever I could.

If you are handy you can purchase a 12 volt accessory battery at Costco for around $140. It is relatively easy to replace. It is a H5 which is the correct size for our cars. I replaced mine with a light weight Lithium 12 volt at around 9 pounds, that cost around $300. The 12 volt battery is generally good for 4 years or so. When you turn on the ignition the 12 volt powers on the accessories and computer. The traction battery is a Lithium battery that is small at slightly less than 1 1/2 kWh in size. The traction battery is what starts the engine by turning the electric motor attached to the engine.

If you are handy you can purchase a 12 volt accessory battery at Costco for around $140. It is relatively easy to replace. It is a H5 which is the correct size for our cars. I replaced mine with a light weight Lithium 12 volt at around 9 pounds, that cost around $300. The 12 volt battery is generally good for 4 years or so. When you turn on the ignition the 12 volt powers on the accessories and computer. The traction battery is a Lithium battery that is small at slightly less than 1 1/2 kWh in size. The traction battery is what starts the engine by turning the electric motor attached to the engine.

hey guys quick update. the battery came in and dealer installed it, clear the code and it was good for a day. i went in to pick it up and all the lights came back on again….any thoughts? the dealer is calling corporate for remedies as of now.

hi drmanny do u suggest dealer also replace the traction battery? since the dealership replaced the 12v and its still throwing codes

The good news is that the traction battery is warranted for 8 to 10 years and 150k miles depending on what State. I suspect they will figure out what is going on. Keep us advised.
hey bud tks for the suggestion i called weir canyon acura and they ordered the battery for me also they are much more honest on quoting me to install battery $50 and brake flush $175 then tustin acura $150 and $600
The brake flush $175 is a fair price as is installing the battery. Tustin Acura used to have great prices. Then things must have changed a year or two ago. Even Sarah was quoting some high prices. Now she is gone, which really surprised me. She had been one of the most customer focused Service Managers I had ever worked with.

got the car back. replaced the hybrid battery and all codes are gone! kinda blessing in disguise I guess, now the battery warranty starts brand new again lol. The jb4 still connects without any issues. tks again everyone for the valuable comments.

Back