• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

215/40/17 RE01Rs

Oh yes fellas the only front set of these in the states in 02+ OEM wheel sizes:biggrin:

Don't hate ... LOL

IMG_2205.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

Only hard thing is whether to use these first or the NSX-R RE070s in stock sizes. Ah decisions:biggrin:

At least it won't rub! Darn Todas already ate a fender liner!

What are you running Bio?

Hey WingZ, PM me your asking price (wouldn't mind reuniting them with your Volks SF challenges:smile: ). Do you know if anyone sells the matching rears 265/35/18???

on track ive been using the girly 205/40/17 RA1, and its been pretty good.
street i have 225/40/17s GSD3s - no rubbing with my TM1s 7.5in +42s

but Im anticipating some rubbing with my new tecno 8in +47 when I slap my new 235/40 RA1s up front.

Hey WingZ, PM me your asking price (wouldn't mind reuniting them with your Volks SF challenges:smile: ). Do you know if anyone sells the matching rears 265/35/18???

LOL I had bought these to match the Volks to but of course they show up are after I shipped them out:rolleyes:

I thought you bought tires already!

on track ive been using the girly 205/40/17 RA1, and its been pretty good.
street i have 225/40/17s GSD3s - no rubbing with my TM1s 7.5in +42s

but Im anticipating some rubbing with my new tecno 8in +47 when I slap my new 235/40 RA1s up front.

Really no problems with the 205s? Your able to run 225/40s?

Well I've only got one set of rims for this season ( the stockers ) and need to be able to drive 10-12 hours for track events w/o fear of being caught in the rain. You know like you were last year when it came to for NSXPO:biggrin:

Thanks again for the TODA tip. I love those babies!

Yeah, I bought tires specifically to get to XPO as the 3 mile drive to and from work with bald RA1s is terrifying enough when its wet; and thats going 20mph in the right lane with my blinkers on!!!! That'll wake you up at 6:30AM pretty fast!

The 205 never rubbed AFAIK, well, maybe when I smacked a bump or something, but never otherwise. I seem able to run 225s without issue too. It must be because Im way faster than you and my weight is more on the back due to my incredible acceleration, which pushes the front up a bit? Perhaps you've gained some weight this year???

Either way, yes, the TODA coilovers are freaking amazing.

Yeah, I bought tires specifically to get to XPO as the 3 mile drive to and from work with bald RA1s is terrifying enough when its wet; and thats going 20mph in the right lane with my blinkers on!!!! That'll wake you up at 6:30AM pretty fast!

The 205 never rubbed AFAIK, well, maybe when I smacked a bump or something, but never otherwise. I seem able to run 225s without issue too. It must be because Im way faster than you and my weight is more on the back due to my incredible acceleration, which pushes the front up a bit? Perhaps you've gained some weight this year???

Either way, yes, the TODA coilovers are freaking amazing.

LOL 10k on a supercharger and he drives around on bald tires:rolleyes:

Actually my tires rubbed because I was wearing 225/35/18 on 18x8.5 rims. You better be faster than me with a supercharger , r compounds and a big azz wing ... oh and a "cool suit" :wink: LOL

As far as weight goes I'm still 170 LBS of massive steel and sex appeal

Yeah, ordered the RE-750 from tirerack already. Currently running the F1-GSD3, but wanna try the RE-01s to compare.

Last edited:
I won't hate, I'm picking up a free set of 01R's (235/40/17 & 265/35/18) tomorrow.... :biggrin:

Actually, the fronts might be RE55's :tongue:

You DOG! How did you get RE55's into the states?????? God I want a set of those!

Here's a pic for those of you not familiar.
m_4050-img600x450-1206280189dsc0681.jpg

m_4050-img600x450-1206280212dsc0681.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar the RE55s is Bridgestones true R compound competition tire. Which unfortunately isn't imported to North America. Every place that does get them loves them! Supposedly one of the best track tires out there. The Aussies really love them!

Hehe, I'm in Australia. We sponsor the Autosalon/Industrie drift S15, and luckily for me, that is the size tyres they run on the car (17/18 :cool: )

Mine will be second hand, but still probably 50% and there's more where they came from......

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxkGJxAP4f8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxkGJxAP4f8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hehe, I'm in Australia. We sponsor the Autosalon/Industrie drift S15, and luckily for me, that is the size tyres they run on the car (17/18 :cool: )

Mine will be second hand, but still probably 50% and there's more where they came from......

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxkGJxAP4f8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dxkGJxAP4f8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Nice!

Back