• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

215 45 17 front ?

Can you run 215 45 17 front tires ? I know that 40 is much closer to stock but I have a deal on 45 so I just want to find out can I use it? This is on 17x8 rim.

Thanks,

Not recommended. The outer diameter of this size is substantially bigger than the stock sizes (7 percent bigger than '91-93 stock, 4 percent bigger than '94-01 or '02-03 stock) and thus has a high probability of activating the traction control in everyday driving with most rear sizes.

will it even FIT ??

The REAL nsxtasy said:
Not recommended. The outer diameter of this size is substantially bigger than the stock sizes ... and thus has a high probability of activating the traction control in everyday driving with most rear sizes.
Assuming you can solve the TCS problems, or don't care (turn it off), will this size even FIT ??

Will it fit on a car with lowered suspension ?? I've heard anecdotal evidence that it will RUB due to the increased height.

Re: will it even FIT ??

cojones said:
Assuming you can solve the TCS problems, or don't care (turn it off), will this size even FIT ??

Will it fit on a car with lowered suspension ?? I've heard anecdotal evidence that it will RUB due to the increased height.

That sounds quite possible. So there are at least two reasons not to use this size.

Do you have you car lowered?
After this post I passed on this idea on using 45 and I went with 40. I just thought that 45 would close up the fender/wheel gap. Right now I have 215/40/17 on 17x8

The rim sticks out a bit from tire and I think 225 40 17 would be better, but here comes my other question.

Can you use 225 40 17 front on 17x8 rim with out rubbing sides?

Thanks,

Sorry for the misunderstand, let me clarify:

I went from a Yokahama A520 215/40ZR17 which did not rub to a Toyo Proxe T1-S 215/45ZR17 that does rub only when you turn to the far left or right. You can put the Toyo's with a 215/40ZR17 and it will not rub. I am going to take the Toyo's off because I hate the profile. If anyone wants to see the profile difference between the Toyo's and Yokahamas please let me know and I will take a pic and attach.

Back