• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$250 for a new oil pan gasket, is this a fair price?

Got a Jiffy Lube oil change today and the tech noticed a tiny leak in my oilpan. Went straight to Heart Acura on RT 9 in Wappingers Falls and got a quote of $250 for the job, not including the obligatory oil change.

Is this a fair price? This amounts to about 3 hours of labor, as the labor rate there is $72.00 per hour.

Thanks for the guidance, this is my first repair since purchase.

I had this done as well. This is not brain surgery, so you don't necessarily have to take it to the dealer. The problem is that you have to drop the exhaust to get to the oil pan gasket. I got the part for $20 and had my mechanic do it for $100-150 at most if I remember correctly and including oil change. I am sure that you could possibly do this yourself or find a fellow NSXprime member in your area to help you for a few bucks or a favor. $20 vs. $250 is a big difference.

Thanks jlindy and nsxtasy. I have contacted Larry and it should be problem solved form here.

Back