• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd NSX and friends track event 2/16/07

OK, we all had such a blast last Friday at the Streets of Willow track that we are going to do it again at the same track.

Sign-up and tech inspection sheets are up, thanks to Scott.

4132IMG_6891.JPG

This is an excellent learning experience for people that have never been to a track event to experience and learn how to drive our cars properly. Every newbies at my last track event felt a huge sense of achievement.

Testimony
icefire said, "I'll never go to another canyon drive."

Advantage #1: It is a controlled environment.
Advantage #2: You are among friends in a relax setting.
Advantage #3: The instructors are all familiar with our cars.

The B group was a lot gentler than other organized track events that may have race prepped Civics, CRXs, Miatas crawling up your butt :rolleyes: ... It is truly a better learning environment for the NSX owners that just want to be able to fully enjoy their cars.

We'll be running the same track as Friday so that last Friday's group B drivers can have a second chance to practice on the same track. Seat time is the only thing that can help you improve your driving skill.

Date 2/16/07 (1 week before another Dali event in Pahrump)

Cost
I'm going to do the same $160 fee with a 30 car limit. If you missed out last time or you went but wanted more, here is your chance. :smile:

We need at least a minimum of 25 sign-ups before the end of Decemeber to make this event work.

Sign-up list has been moved to post #48.

Last edited:
Re: 2nd NSX and friends track event

Chris,

I was out of town the last time, I want in on this one.

James

I vote for the 2/16/07. Also, I would like to bring the Integra instead of the nsx :D

Yes, anytime, anywhere! Where do I send the $?

Mike

Consider this my standing reservation for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th ...... Xth event. 2/16/07 it is. :smile:

I am up for both dates and all forward! I had a awesome time for my first track event. Toyo Proxes1 street held up sweet...Ha on some of the pictures looks like I am riding on the rims LOL! Thanks Ryan for the Buddy ride and pointers. Chris awesome job of hosting! Cant wait for 07. i am definitley selling my lowrider now and going all out on the NSX! Anyone want to be a boy in the hood for a season Ghetto Rolls Royce is for sale....LOL!

Hi all,

Thanks for the support! At this point, I'm in the process of fixing the signup sheet to make it a little easier to fill out. Once I have that, I'll have ss-md post it on-line for me.

Why does it cost so much?
I was on the phone with a very reputable Prime member this morning expressing concerns about the cost of this event. I'd like to clarify somethings up a bit. These are the major expense items for a track event.

1> Track rental
2> Track insurance
3> Medical truck
4> Flaggers

Since that was my first event without know how much people will actually signup, I wanted to make sure that I was able to cover my costs. So even the instructors were paying in full. At the end of the event, I refunded back portion of their entry fees to compensate for the time and effort that they put in to make sure that the group B drivers have a safe and fun event.

So after all is said and done, I have some buffer money that I plan on using to purchase misc items for future events. My only intention is to let more people enjoy their cars to the fullest and get a free event out of it.

I don't like to compare with other events organizers, but here are a few things that you need to consider.
1> How many cars in each run group? More cars means heavier traffic.
2> How many run groups? 2 run groups = 3.5 hours of track time and 3 run groups normally gets you 2.5 hours of track time.
3> Do you have to pay for instructors? Some organizers charge $30 per day.
4> Who you are sharing the track with? You don't want to share a track with someone that has something to prove.

I hope I'm clear about my current position. :wink: Thanks!

Last edited:

CDub said:
Why it cost so much?
Thanks for all your efforts Chris. For all that we got out if it, I thought is was bargain at $160.:smile:

SoCalDude said:
For all that we got out if it, I thought is was bargain at $160.:smile:

I totally agree! And many people didn't even use all the generous track time we got (I skipped my last session).

I'm excited that you're putting together another event so soon...but I can't commit this far out knowing that both snowboarding and work deadlines might be a factor.

For those of you on the fence about taking your NSX to the track, it's time to jump off and get behind the wheel of your baby.

Chris, will we have cones next time?

Last edited:

2/16/07 works for me two! :biggrin:

CDub said:
I was on the phone with a very reputable Prime member this morning expressing concerns about the cost of this event.

I didn't think this event costed beyond any other track events that I've been to with Speedtrial, Speedventure, Dali..etc. All of which runs in the $150-175 range. Most of them have 3+ run groups, and with 40+ cars total, which translates into less track time (Try running with 30+ cars in 1 run group!)

I like the structure of this event, as most NSX owners are very responsible(biased opinion ofcourse), and are there to learn more about their cars, and not to proof anything. Instructors (free of charge btw) are mostly owners/ex-owners/familiar with NSX, and are all fantastic drivers to learn from.

Disclaimer: With my track experience of ~10 events with ~3 different organizations in the last ~2 years. I believe $160 is very reasonble for less cars, more track time, experienced instructors, and most of all, the NSX commonality.

Last edited:

Chris,

Count me in. Even though it's not a great date the last event was such an awesome experience that I will make every effort to be there. I think it was a great value, in fact, I feel guilty if the instructors had to pay anything. Mark Allen helped me improve my speed and line so much that it's hard to put a price on that sort of training.

Sid

Chris:

Count me in as well. Like others, just go ahead and sign me up for events 3, 4, 5 etc.

Once everyone gets comfortable, we could organize other events at different tracks. I would be more than happy to help organize and run. Perhaps Buttonwillow or the Big track at Willow. Running the Big track would give even more track to open up the NSX and truely experience what it is capable of doing. Thanks for a great day.

I will definitely try my hardest to be there this time:redface:
bummed I missed last weeks fun:frown:
can't wait!!!

Oligo said:
Once everyone gets comfortable, we could organize other events at different tracks. I would be more than happy to help organize and run. Perhaps Buttonwillow or the Big track at Willow. Running the Big track would give even more track to open up the NSX and truely experience what it is capable of doing. Thanks for a great day.

We were talking about exactly that. :smile: I'll be looking into organizing a Button Willow event before summer comes next year. But first thing first. Let's get another Streets event under our belts first.:cool:

For those still sitting on the fence, consider:

We got in a good 6-7 run sessions, about 15 laps per session, very little traffic, courteous and professional driver conduct, and knowledgeable, experienced drivers to help out with technique if needed...and hey, it's an NSX event:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

At $160, this is the best deal in town.

Perhaps we should just keep this little secret to ourselves....:wink:

I'm in, sign me up. Chris, if it helps, I'll instruct as well as take a slot in run group "A"

My only worry is that most of the "down South" crew may wait a week for the Dali event at SM.

Craig said:
My only worry is that most of the "down South" crew may wait a week for the Dali event at SM.

Thanks for the offer to be an instructor, Craig! You were a great help last week.

If I understood it correctly, the Dali event in Feb may be a wheel to wheel racing event. I think it is still undetermined at this point. May be they can consider the Streets event as a warm up event. Last Friday was 2 weeks after the Dali event and it worked out great for me. I didn't have to wash my car or retape it in between

The reason for picking that date was because after that, there isn't any more Fridays available for quite some time. So I had no choice. :redface:

Last edited:

Chris:

I think the cost is entirely reasonable! Thanks for doing an outstanding organising job. You'll soon be the Godfather of NSX tracking in So.Cal.:cool:
I would love to be there again in Feb. Haven't broken the news to my wife yet.

Chris,

Count me in, I had a great time last Friday. Hopefully you and I can run some laps together again, it was great fun. Just let me know when to send the money.

To all the NSX'rs that participated in last Friday's fun, thank you for making it a great event. Everybody drove great and were curtious to the faster and slower drivers. I'm up these kind of events anytime!

Bob

Forms available see post #34.

Last edited:
Back