• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2nd NSX and friends track event 2/16/07

Re: 2nd NSX and friends track event

Chris,

The last event was awesome and this time I need my car there. Please count me in!

Thanks,

Ryan

CDub said:
Thanks for the offer to be an instructor, Craig! You were a great help last week.

If I understood it correctly, the Dali event in Feb may be a wheel to wheel racing event. I think it is still undetermined at this point.

right. the Jan 20 event is a regular open track deal - February we are looking at getting out there and having a couple of 15-20 lap "races" - I'm limiting that event to 15-20 cars.

May be they can consider the Streets event as a warm up event.

every commute to the shop is a "warm up event". :biggrin:

Last Friday was 2 weeks after the Dali event and it worked out great for me. I didn't have to wash my car or retape it in between

The reason for picking that date was because after than, there isn't any more Fridays available for quite some time. So I had no choice. :redface:

All the tracks are like that - you take what you can get.

Someone asked about having "cones" - that is very helpful for instructing if they are placed in the right spots....JMO

next time I'll have my Dramamine for breakfast

NSXGOD said:
Someone asked about having "cones" - that is very helpful for instructing if they are placed in the right spots....JMO

I'm in the process of shopping for cones like we used in previous autocrosses. On top of preventing cars taking the wrong turn on the track, I'd like to place cones on the braking zones and apexes and track-out points.

I'm in as well for 2-16-07.

Sign-up forms available here.

There are two versions of the sign-up form. Version 1 is fill-in enabled (you can type directly on the form) then print or e-mail to CDub. Version 2 is a print and hand fill (mail or FAX). The Tech Inspection form is print and hand fill (mail or bring to the event).

Enjoy

I would like to join in this one! Please add me to the list!

CDub said:
I'm in the process of shopping for cones like we used in previous autocrosses. On top of preventing cars taking the wrong turn on the track, I'd like to place cones on the braking zones and apexes and track-out points.

Shopping for cones? People leave them free next to the highway and behind trucks. I will bring some.

CDub said:
CDub, I have plenty of construction cones in my storage yard HOWEVER they are all the 36" high models with reflectors for highway construction. What you need is the short 12" model that won't bang up the car when they get hit. I spoke to Anytime today and he suggested you check with the place he bought his, they were seconds which won't matter. Let me know if I can assist.

count me in too

Is this event filled up or is it based upon the paid entries on the first post. If open add Bruce Lennick w/NSX and Steve Pharr w/350Z.

Thanks

I'm NSXed said:
Is this event filled up or is it based upon the paid entries on the first post. If open add Bruce Lennick w/NSX and Steve Pharr w/350Z.

It is the first 30 paid entries. I have added your names to the list. :smile:

Count me in for the A group.
ryan

Payment Mailed. Group B Please.

To get the track Chris has requested that he have 25 payments by Dec. His list only has 9 payments. I hope like my payment he has just not had the time to post the other needed 16 payments.

Today is November 30.

Just a reminder that by the end of the month, I'll have to have 25 paid signups to make this event work. Thanks in advance for your support!

The list has been moved to post #68.

Last edited:

Come on guys, we don't want this event to be canceled!!! (speaking slowly) Send Chris the money :biggrin:

CDub said:
Just a reminder that by the end of the month, I'll have to have 25 paid signups to make this event work. Thanks in advance for your support!

I'll start updating this list since the original post has reach a month and it'll be lock at the end of today.

Initial List
1. ANYTIME Integra (John) PAID
2. UFO (Mike) sign-up sheet received PAID
3. CoolNSX (Gil) sign-up sheet received PAID
4. Garry W. Evo (Garry) sign-up sheet received PAID
5. Kember (Craig) sign-up sheet received PAID
6. Bruce Lennick PAID
7. Steve Pharr 350Z PAID
8. Yellow Zonker (Bob) PAID
9. NSXGOD (Mark) I PAID
10. nsxalot (Lance) PAID
11. Spike236 (Ryan) PAID
12. sid (Sid) PAID
13. tonynsx (Tony) PAID
arsomr1 (James)
Joseph (Joseph)
Racerjxling (Jeff)
SilverOne (David)
icefire (Jerry)
Black Racer X (Lamar)
akira3d (Eric) may be
Oligo (Steve)
91 X (Mark)
Craig (Craig) I
Ascended Sayian (Jimmy)
SoCalDude (Eugene)
HotRod (Rod)
Fred Kamal M3 (Fred)
Hapa88 (adrian)
PoohBEAR (Calvin)
NSX-Ster (Mark) I
MR2FF-Jeff (Jeff) I
fkong777 (Fred)
ryneen (Ryan)

I need 12 more entries to make this event work.

OK folks, it's down to the wire for me to have to pay for the track deposit in a few days. At this point, I only have half of the payment needed to make this event work.

If you are interested in going, please go to the link on the first post to download the signup sheet that has my payment information. I hate to have to cancel but it'll be my only option.

If you worry that you may have a schedule conflict, the last event, I had 4 cancellations and I was able to find replacement for all of them.

Back