• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3.0 Crank, Rods and JE Pistons

***The Crank is Sold***
Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. I’m still interested, I have a perfectly good 3.0 to work with for this build, so I have a crank. Again the questions about the pistons in particular. Why was this rotating assembly removed from the engine. Any possibility of a picture of the piston skirts and ring lands? Read through your notes on your NSX race cars, very interesting. Thanks, Tony
This particular owner was one of the early victims of the Mark Basch engine management/supercharger failures. The parts for sale are from a replacement engine that Mark built for this customer. The customer was never comfortable or satisfied with the second revision of the Mark Basch/Split-Second electronics and decided to go back to N/A. He built the engine, did the swap and parted off the entire engine/supercharger assembly in parts.

I will take pictures of the pistons and I can check them with a Micrometer to verify they are not collapsed. They look fine but unless your an engine builder by trade, I can tell you that you wont be satisfied with them. No used pistons look like new, they run metal to metal. Most engine builders will suggest new parts as this is safer and it's your money. I'm not trying to talk you out of this but I want to be clear. I can say that the going rate for NSX rods is approximately $600, those pistons new cost $900 dealer and $1170 to the customer, Bushings are about $100 and the rod conversion for the bushings will cost $450-$600 depending on the shop.

Used 3.0 Rods in perfect condition, Bushed and oil drilled for full floating Pistons.
Used 3.0 + .010 over stock bore JE Forged blower/Turbo pistons with rings 9.0/1 with 3.0 gasket. You can get closer to OE compression with 3.2 thickness gaskets or lower with a thicker Cometic. Pistons like these will be needed for any boosted application that is pushed hard or above 6 PSI.
For the budget minded DIY engine build. I would not hesitate building an engine with these parts, but they are not new and look like new parts after they ran in an engine. $500 for the Rods and Pistons
Shipping $25 in the US

Paypal – [email protected]
678-226-0283

Last edited:
Back