• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$3.00/gal GAS!!!

Ive heard that Santa Barbara has hit the $3/ gal mark!

and its not even MEMORIAL DAY yet!:eek:

funny thing is that I havent heard too much complaining in the media compared to last year.

Premium

My guess is that the $3.00 price you heard about is for premium unleaded. If nothing is done to change the current market trend, wait until June - gas in CA - regular unleaded, not premium will be at $3.00 and hold for about 30-60 days at that price. Premium, for our NSX's will be $3.25. With crude oil currently at $40/barrel (14 yr high, I think), low supply from oil producing countries and high demand in CA, we are in for some more pain in the pocketbook.

Last edited:
Almost $2.00 a gallon here for the cheap stuff! :mad:

When I first moved here 7 years ago, it was 99 cents!

Re: Premium

mickeylex said:
Premium, for our NSX's will be $3.25. With crude oil currently at $40/gal (14 yr high, I think), low supply from oil producing countries and high demand in CA, we are in for some more pain in the pocketbook.

Pain is if you drive a H2!:eek:

I believe the national average is $1.90. Californians have been paying more than that for some time now. I put regular gas in my car at Shell here in Irvine for $2.26 and that's cheaper than most places.

Still $1.99 for reg and $2.12 for premium... last year this time it was $1.56 here.

Re: Re: Premium

NemesisX said:
Pain is if you drive a H2!:eek:

Tell me about it... I took ours down to move out of school since the X5 can't hold all my crap. 9.5MPG! thats just horrid... And I was thinking about driving it to daytona.

Being young still (22) 2-2.50 bucks a gallon has not hit me hard yet because I am used to the high gas prices... Tho I do remember a few years ago when I was filling up for 89 cents/gallon :rolleyes:

Hi - Sorry to appear unsympathetic, but we're already paying
>$6.40 a gallon in the UK (yes, we have ridiculous taxation).

Just trying to give a sense of perspective :)

Cheers
Joe

We're now about 5.50 $ per gallon in Germany. Don't know if it's true but some experts here say that the U.S. market is partly guilty for the rise. U.S. buys a lot of high quality refinery products (e.g. super fuel) in Rotterdam to fulfill the needs of its home market and therefor pushes the price (fuel price has risen much more than oil price). Reason: U.S. don't have enough (and mostly old) refineries and do not want to spend money on new ones.

I was in Houston, TX two and half years ago I paid 87 cents for the good stuff

No you didn't.....unless it was a temporary promotional gig by a gas station that was willing to take a loss in sales profit.

Gasoline has not been that low in this city for longer than I can remember. The first national gasoline crisis was in the late 70s (1976 then 1979) and in the early 80s it was selling for around a buck twenty-five.

funny thing is that I haven't heard too much complaining in the media compared to last year.

Because the media has finally learned that "complaining hype" does not affect gasoline prices. World oil economics do.

No you didn't.....unless it was a temporary promotional gig by a gas station that was willing to take a loss in sales profit.

Gasoline has not been that low in this city for longer than I can remember. The first national gasoline crisis was in the late 70s (1976 then 1979) and in the early 80s it was selling for around a buck twenty-five.

i lived in Houston for 3 years i even took pics it was for a month or so i live by 290 and hwy 6 i know what im talking about i dont where you have been

i lived in Houston for 3 years i even took pics it was for a month or so i live by 290 and hwy 6 i know what im talking about i dont where you have been

Goodie for you, I've lived here all of my life.....which would be since 1958, that's where I have been. I grew up in the middle of gas price escalation and I clearly recall the "gig" with that artificially low price of gas. Your post of purchasing gasoline for 87 cents is not at all reflective of long term pricing, which is the meaning of this thread nor is it representative of long term economics of wallet strain. That "87 cents" was a short-term fluke.

OPEC has been careful with production and the price is set by the market more or less. In the past couple of years with the soft world economy prices have stayed down but now that the USA economy has picked up and world demand has increased price increases are sustainable. I would prefer to pay less but I still need to fuel my cars so the only thing I can do to reduce my costs is drive less

Goodie for you, I've lived here all of my life.....which would be since 1958, that's where I have been. I grew up in the middle of gas price escalation and I clearly recall the "gig" with that artificially low price of gas. Your post of purchasing gasoline for 87 cents is not at all reflective of long term pricing, which is the meaning of this thread nor is it representative of long term economics of wallet strain. That "87 cents" was a short-term fluke.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

what is up you're ass i know how much i paid and i said it was for a month or so. for being that old i should act more you're age

Thanks for the lecture. :rolleyes: My point was that your post of 87 cent gasoline in Houston is not the norm, and people that are paying two and three dollars a gallon shouldn't think that there is cheap gasoline here. Your original post was misleading, that's all.

I recall during desert storm volume one that gas prices in so cal was around $.99 for super but that was short lived.

I think those days are over.

If anyone finds a way to run Crisco in their X please post a review and a DIY step by step with pictures.

Back