• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

#3 Fuse, Driver's Footwell, '03NSX

Now that hard winter has arived in the upper midwest, It's time to get out into the garage, freeze, and bloody my knuckles. I am working on installing a Valentine 1. I have accessed the driver's footwell fuse box, but do not see the various connectors I have seen referenced. However, the #3 position in rhe fusebox is vacant. I would like to use a Blade type fuse with a pigtail as my power source.

Reference: http://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=48142&eventPage=1

If the link fails, it is just a blade fuse with a wire coming out. What I would like to know is if the #3 fuse is an "always hot", comes on with ignition, accesory, etc. I know I can test, but it's just so much easier to see if someone knows the answer.

Also from that same thread of the post referenced by Brian note this additional reference
The fuse in the engine bay needs to be installed in order to enable the constant battery power terminal (C912)
However for this application I would recommend using the C913 (Accessory) terminal which will not require that extra fuse to be installed.

Would like to access the accessory outlet, but there is a footwell light that blocks any access to getting up that high on the fusebox. I cannot even pass my hand up to where the accessory outlet is pictured to be. Was just looking for an easier way.

Just remove the tray under the dash to get access - it's only two philips screws! (the plastic tabs at the front just sit in two corresponding slots on a bracket on the steering colum)
Can't get much easier than that - should take you all of 30 secs.

attachment.php

Attachments

• dash_under_tray.JPG
    dash_under_tray.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 266
D'Ecosse said:
Just remove the tray under the dash to get access - it's only two philips screws! (the plastic tabs at the front just sit in two corresponding slots on a bracket on the steering colum)
Can't get much easier than that - should take you all of 30 secs.

attachment.php
Now, that was helpful! Thank you.

Back