• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3 months of NSX ownership!

Well it's been about 3 months since i took delivery of my 92' NSX, which was bone stock. Formula red w/ black roof....to this:

mynsx003.jpg

golf028.jpg

golf025.jpg

Got the car back from the body shop from the 'roof' job and had them spray the ww kit at the same time. I just finished installing the kit not to long ago using the old threads from prime as guidelines :biggrin: . Next is deciding which rear valence i want, either 02' style or add on spats. Then comes the exhaust system.

Total list of mods so far:

18/19 HP split star wheels
WW front and side skirts
H&R lowering springs
SOS gauge rings
Mesh engine cover
Type R red carpet kit
Kenwood stereo
Alpine nav. w/ honda pod
Tinted windows
SOS hatch and trunk struts
Tamoske carbon center console (still waiting on)

Thanks for lookin',
Jay

how much did they charge for the roof colored?

Car looks great!!! Nice combo...I bet she turns some heads!!! enjoy!!:cool:

Humm... is the grass really greener on the other side? When I find my NA2, I plan to get a black top :biggrin:

If you don't mind me asking, can you PM me the estimated cost and approx. down time? Does this paint process involve the removal of all windows and trim?

thanks guys. On the painting, i had my friend do it so not sure if it reflects actual costs of another body shop. But, i removed all the interior trim to remove the a and b pillars myself. He removed the back hatch glass and windshield, then painted the roof and all the pillar pieces along with my body kit for $700. He said it took him 3 tries to get an exact color match. As for down time, he had my car for a week. When i got the car back, i reinstalled everything including the body kit.

Your car looks very good, you have chosen some nice mods. I'm still waiting for my own red carpet to arrive but at least I now have another idea on how it will look like.
As for the rear valence, take the 02+ valence. It simply looks better.

I think you need a few small things still for your interior.
First, get a nice CF-shift knob. It's not expensive but the feel is much better than OEM. Trust me :smile:
Second, just upgraded my own sill to some nice carbon-fiber examples. Looks absolutely smashing on a red NSX.

Im really digging the red carpet/stock seats combo. Very cool. How is the ride with just the H&R springs on stock shocks? Do you have a thicker leather wrap on your steering wheel? It looks thicker for some reason.

So that's you I've been seeing around town. Nice.

Come out to a meet sometime Jay so I won't have to text your brother :wink:

So that's you I've been seeing around town. Nice.

Come out to a meet sometime Jay so I won't have to text your brother :wink:

Lol! Sorry but the breakfast meets are hard for me cause i'm a heavier sleeper.

This is an old thread i made 6 months ago, since then i have done alot more mods:

WW rear spats
RM racing exhaust
SOS aluminum shift ball
Removed all tint
Carbon panel overlays
SOS carbon inst. cluster
SPEC stage 1 clutch
SPEC lightweight flyweel
Type R mesh shift boot
Slotted/drilled rotors
MOMO milenium steering wheel

and STILL WAITING ON TAMOSKE CARBON CENTER CONSOLE!!!!!!!! :mad: