• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

300 the Movie

as an artcenter grad (illustration/entertainment) i can honsetly say this is one of the most visually stimulating movies i have seen in a LONG time (perhaps since the original matrix movie). each shot can almost be freeze framed to make a beautiful image... composition, color, tone, atmosphere... i hope the movie won't dissapoint...

i heard from a friend that the director is also an artcenter alumn...

Damn!

Looks like every part of that movie was drawn by Frank Frazetta.

Ya - 300 spartans held the gates at Thermopalye against the Persian army for days. Its a fascinating story. Every man there knew it was "win or die" and winning was not possible. They just needed to stop them as long as possible. And it was 300 vs like 100,000 or something. It's prolly the top reason why Spartan's are still considered badasses today.

SaberX said:
Ya - 300 spartans held the gates at Thermopalye against the Persian army for days. Its a fascinating story. Every man there knew it was "win or die" and winning was not possible. They just needed to stop them as long as possible. And it was 300 vs like 100,000 or something. It's prolly the top reason why Spartan's are still considered badasses today.

That's cool :) Can't wait, got more interested in this movie now.

JDMnsxR said:
as an artcenter grad (illustration/entertainment) i can honsetly say this is one of the most visually stimulating movies i have seen in a LONG time (perhaps since the original matrix movie). each shot can almost be freeze framed to make a beautiful image... composition, color, tone, atmosphere... i hope the movie won't dissapoint...

i heard from a friend that the director is also an artcenter alumn...

Dude!! Youre an Art Center Alumn too?! Sweet! What are you doing now? I graduated product/trans '02...workin as a concpet designer for Dreamworks right now...as for the director, yup Zach Snyder. Director of the Dawn of the Dead remake. Awesome movie. I don't know whether he ever graduated from ACCD, though...

Just in case you guys didn't know, this is based off Frank Miller's "300" graphic novel. The movie translation is an almost literal take-off. Simply amazing visuals...I highly recommend the reading. Short and very well done. Looks exactly like the movie.

Spinner said:
Just in case you guys didn't know, this is based off Frank Miller's "300" graphic novel. The movie translation is an almost literal take-off. Simply amazing visuals...I highly recommend the reading. Short and very well done. Looks exactly like the movie.
You all may also be interested in "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. I read it last year - it was a great novel based on the events at Thermopylae. It really is a phenomenal story of the power of the human spirit.

SaberX said:
You all may also be interested in "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. I read it last year - it was a great novel based on the events at Thermopylae. It really is a phenomenal story of the power of the human spirit.

Thanks for the info. I'm definetly gonna check it out. Sounds cool.:smile:

i'll definitely check itout too... thanks!

I just saw the trailer yesterday along with the Departed. Looks pretty good and the scenes are so violently beautiful!

For those that don't know, nearly every scene in this movie is a CG composite. Only the practical set construction was "real". All the rest of the BGs & location stuff is CGI, similar to "Sin City".

Just beautiful stuff, AFAIC.

lrsudog said:
For those that don't know, nearly every scene in this movie is a CG composite. Only the practical set construction was "real". All the rest of the BGs & location stuff is CGI, similar to "Sin City".

Just beautiful stuff, AFAIC.

Yup. You can watch the production blog on the website. COol stuff.

Back