• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

300th Formula 1 GPs for Honda!

:cool:

Honda set to join the 300 club

The German Grand Prix will mark Honda¹s 300th Grand Prix since the company first entered Formula One in 1964 as a works team.

Since then, Honda has been involved in three generations of F1 participation: 1964-1968 as the initial works team, 1983-1992 as an engine supplier and from 2000 initially as an engine supplier to the then British American Racing and then Jordan Honda teams, before finally taking 100 per cent ownership of the Honda Racing F1 Team at the start of this season.

In more than 40 years of F1 participation, Honda has won 71 races, taken 173 podiums and 77 pole positions. Only Ferrari, Ford and Renault have contested more GPs.

To mark the occasion the Honda Racing F1 Team will be hosting a party in the F1 paddock on Friday evening, welcoming drivers and partners past and present, along with the F1 media, as a thank you for all the support the company has received over the years.

"Hockenheim is one of the more historic circuits that we go to, and it is quite appropriate that we celebrate our 300th GP at such a venue," says Gil de Ferran, Sporting Director who is cautiously optimistic that Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button will be back in the points on Sunday after an encouraging test last week in Spain.

"Both our drivers have done well at Hockenheim in the past, and so has our car, which is always positive. It seems from the test results of the chassis and engine development items in Jerez that we have made a step in the right direction, hopefully these results will translate well for the weekend."

HondaRacingF1.com has prepared a special wallpaper and screensaver for our fans to mark Honda’s 300th Grand Prix. Click on a link below to view and download them for PC and Mac.

300th GP

1022_1_800.jpg

...And not a bad showing for Honda. Looked like the Button of old in the car of old! Honda was quick--perhaps tuned a little too much hence the Barrichello blowout?

And it certainly helps when you can pass Alonso!! What gives w/ Renault? I'm not buying the tire story--Kimi and Button were both faster on the same tires.

Ferrari might just pull this off...Renault had better get their rear in gear b/c I don't think they want to be chasing Ferrari at the end. If Ferrari takes the lead I believe they will win. It's imperative Renault and Alonso hold the lead and Fisi cooperates from here on out.

Might be a somewhat interesting finish of the season...

I was there from friday (2 practice sessions), saturday (practice session 3 & qualifiying) and sunday (the race, + very, very cool "Collector's Cars" parade with the F1-drivers in old classic Toyota's, Ferrari's++). Hockenheim, Germany.

The experience of feeling these car's was all worth the time and money. I'm now a Honda F1 addicted boy for the rest of my life :D

It was completely sick to see the almost all red-dressed crowd go wild when Schumi won :eek: :eek: Button on 4th and I was proud :)

First time on the Autobahn as well, a dream for car-enthusiasts.

I'm still frustrated as Button had the podium with 3 laps to go. What happened? :(

The Ferrari's are running flawlessly and should be given credit due. It irritated me that the "tire situation" was brought up about every other minute by announcers. Drop it already, it won't have an impact within a year so let it be.

Back