• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

32nd annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d’Elegance

32nd annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d'Elegance

Planning for the 32st annual Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d'Elegance at ACC is well underway. This year's show is Sunday June 7th 2015 from 9 to 3.

For those who are new to the area, this Concours is held every June at Arapahoe Community College and is quickly becoming the premier auto show in the region, attracting over 450 of the most beautiful, historical, exotic, and classic cars from the Denver area, including about a dozen NSXs. This show is a benefit for Ability Connection Colorado (Formerly CP of Colorado). You can get more info at http://www.abilityconnectioncolorado.org/colorado-concours/ Registration will be open in a few days, I'll post a link to that page as soon is it is available.

Like last year, we can each choose one of 3 judging categories:

1) Concours judging for an extra $25, where all cars built from 1985-2000, will be judged as a single category.

2) Club judging. It is free, and we can set up any categories we want (or just a single category if we like), but we need to provide our own judges.

3) Display Only. Enjoy the sights and the comraderie, without worrying if you have a blade of grass on the pedals :)

The challenge with Club judging is that unless we have people willing to act as judges, this option isn't really available for us. We probably need a timer and a runner as well. There will be a judging workshop on April 4, from 9:00 to 11:00 if anyone is interested. We're always looking for judges to help out with Concours judging as well.

I'll keep posting details as I get them,

Steve

Last edited:
I registered on Wednesday, and I too agree with Will. This is supposed to be fun

I haven't done judging the last few years either. It is nice not having to worry about someone putting grass on my pedals :)

If you haven't signed up yet, the registration page can be found at https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?llr=keqndscab&oeidk=a07eakzv8dbbb30ca07

Also, if you know anyone who might be able to help us out the morning of the event, we're always looking for volunteers to help us get cars and vendors where they need to be. There is a sign up form at https://cpco.wufoo.com/forms/qbcwga80dwdq42/ that lists the spots we need. Please forward this to anyone that might be interested in helping out. Volunteers get into the show for free, and only need to work for a couple of hours.

Looking forward to seeing you all,

Steve

Just a quick reminder about the registration deadlines. There were some issues with web site uptime, so they have been extended.

The deadline to register a car and have it included in the program is this Monday May 18. After that you can still sign up until Friday the 22nd, but your car won't be listed in the program.

I'm also curious to know what everyone thinks about the way we arrange the cars at the show. We typically have 2 rows of cars. Some years, we've parked them tail to tail, and other years we've gone nose to nose. I'm thinking that nose to nose is easier to park, but tail to tail might look better to the crowd.

What are your thoughts?

Steve

Just a quick reminder about the registration deadlines. There were some issues with web site uptime, so they have been extended.

The deadline to register a car and have it included in the program is this Monday May 18. After that you can still sign up until Friday the 22nd, but your car won't be listed in the program.

I'm also curious to know what everyone thinks about the way we arrange the cars at the show. We typically have 2 rows of cars. Some years, we've parked them tail to tail, and other years we've gone nose to nose. I'm thinking that nose to nose is easier to park, but tail to tail might look better to the crowd.

What are your thoughts?

Steve

I suggest Tail to Tail??

I also like Tail to Tail but - will go along with the consensus

Planning for the concours is comming along well. At the last meeting, we came up with the idea of creating a racetrack type of scene in the middle of the field. The idea is that it will be more interesting to view than a bunch of cars lined up in rows, and we'd like to put an NSX in that display. I have 2 thoughts on which car it should be.

1) We could go with wagyshag's car (if he is willing) since it is the newest one. It is the only blue one in the group and the only one with exposed headlights. It would be an example of the latest NSXes made

2) We could go with a stock looking pre-95. This would commerate the introduction of the NSX and be an example of the car as it was first introduced.

At first, I was leaning toward option 1 because of the uniqueness of his car among us, but then I started to think that commorating the introduction of a car that changed the exotic landscape might be a better idea.

What are some of your thoughts on which car should be included?

As for how to layout the rest of the cars, it looks like Tail to Tail is the winner, so unless I hear anything else before setup on the 6th, I'll lay it out for tail to tail.

Steve

I think the Blue car of wagyshag would stand out over other cars. So how is all going and did we all what to meet up some where before the show.

I am good with whatever you guys feel the best idea is. :)
I volunteered so I will arrive fairly early.

It looks like we've got 8 cars signed up this year. Is there anyone here that was planning on coming that hasn't registerred yet? I want to make sure we've got spaces laid out for everyone.

I'll do a tail to tail layout this year, and we'll put the blue car in the special display.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday,

Steve

I just finished up the site layout for tomorrow's event. There's space for 11 cars, which I laid out nose to nose - the rest of the row was already laid out that way, and I wanted to be consistent.

Wagyshag, when you come in, you'll follow the rest of the cars onto the field, then keep going straight. Look for the bales of hay, and someone will get you situated in our race scene.

We're keeping an eye on the weather, but so far, it looks like we'll be good for tomorrow.

See everyone then,

Steve

See you all in the morning hope it stays nice out as the car is all clean.

Guys .. so sorry I was unable to make it.. I had a business emergency and had to fly to Florida Sunday morning.
I apologize that I could not make it.. I paid the registration.. -Sebastian:mad:

I heard the weather was good.

sorry you were unable to make it :(
the Weather was spectacular. Perhaps you can join us on one of our drives :)

Guys .. so sorry I was unable to make it.. I had a business emergency and had to fly to Florida Sunday morning.
I apologize that I could not make it.. I paid the registration.. -Sebastian:mad:

I heard the weather was good.

The weather was as good as it gets. Sorry to have missed you; I was looking forward to seeing you again.

Mark

Back