• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

$356k driveway, MN drive

if only this was my garge everyday!

Attachments

• dsc02015.jpg
    dsc02015.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,669
Cars included my NSX, 04 sl55 AMG, 04 CLK 55 AMG, 00 Audi S4

Attachments

• dsc02016.jpg
    dsc02016.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,671
the 2 AMG's ~870 Factory horsepower! too bad my CLK 430 AMG was parked down the street, otherwise we could have had a higher number!

Attachments

• dsc02017.jpg
    dsc02017.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,662
we actually dragged the NSX for about 1/8th of a mile down a back road. didn't have a chance until the s/c opened up and pulled a little but everytime i shifted gears, the SL just kept pulling a little further. was fun though!

Attachments

• dsc02022.jpg
    dsc02022.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,648
i just figured it was a stock 430 maybe with AMG badging... i also too thought there was ONLY CLK 55's ? :confused:

but that SL 55 sure does look nice... and im SURE that was the real deal...

All CLK430's that come to the US are AMG packaged, meaning bodykit, wheels suspension dark burlwood trim. (in europe you can actually get a CLK430 that looks like a clk320 .... ugly wheels no body kit.) If you look at 99's they all have AMG badging. In 2000 they took off the badging because they were coming out with the 2002 CLK 55 AMG (yes this would be a true AMG vehicle and not packaged) Therefore, I added the AMG in.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone! and i hope this explains it all!!

I don't think it ever came with AMG badging, that was something people added. My dad had 2 of them in a row, then when the 55's came out he got one of those for 2 years as well. They are totally different cars, and the engine is only part of it, the suspension is MUCH MUCH different as well. The 430 just has the AMG bodywork and wheels, but is not considered an "AMG car"

AMG 55's also have different interior. the leather has the little holes in it (periferated - excuse my spelling :D ). it should also have a little metal badging in the center of the front 2 seats that say "AMG"...

i've also notice that the more recent models of benz's do have the AMG wheels and body kit packages... but the AMG model offers special: AMG brake calipers, interior, suspension, exhaust, engine work, and is price tagged at least $10-15k more than the regular 500 series from what i last saw...

Back