• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

3M Clear bra Paint Protection

Installed my Clear Bra Paint Protection yesterday using 3M film and wanted to post a couple of picture of how it came out :eek: :biggrin: !

Took total of four hours. This Bra kit wasn't in the system so had to free hand it.

20130217_165553.jpg 20130217_165628.jpg 20130217_165701.jpg 20130217_165740.jpg 20130217_165923.jpg 20130217_170237.jpg

When I bought my 2012 Honda Accord I had hired a guy to install a clear bra on it and it was probably my best investment for the car. It cost $800 for parts and labor and took way over 4 hours for him to complete the front, mirrors, door handles and back bumper. I'm planning to hire him again to do a complete full front on my NSX; he quoted me $1,100. I don't have the time to do it myself and probably would end up having to buy another kit from the first failed attempt... LOL!!!

You did one amazing job installing the bra yourself and I am sure you saved yourself quite a bit of money too. Awesome job!!!!!

I wish I would have done this 100,000 miles ago. This will be done to all future cars I own.

Why would you only do half the hood?

Before I had my bra done, I noticed that most of my chips were on the lip of the hood right under the windshield.

First guy I called only wanted to do half hood. Click. I mean what's the point if the top 1/3 of the hood is peppered and the lower part is clean?

Before I had my bra done, I noticed that most of my chips were on the lip of the hood right under the windshield.

First guy I called only wanted to do half hood. Click. I mean what's the point if the top 1/3 of the hood is peppered and the lower part is clean?

I tend to agree. I have rock chips on that top lip as well
I know a GTR owner that did his entire car. Nissan apparently has very soft paint. The NSX has very hard paint in comparison.

Interesting. Most of my chips were on my bumper or on the front edge of the hood up to the headlights, so I guess it's YMMV. I decided to go partial hood due to costs, but if I had to do it over again I would probably have sprung for the entire hood to eliminate the line.

Anyway, your pics look great Caroline-NSX!

When I bought my car it was filmed half way....I had it all redone full nose and a few other spots.
Since you're doing it yourself...I'd give it a try. It makes a world of difference in appearance.

I had my car done about 9 years ago with the 3M and I can tell you it still looks like it did when it was installed. At the time my friend the installer only had 18" wide film, so I also just did partial hood, but as long as wax doesnt build up on the edge you dont see the line untill your right up on it. I also did my mirrors at that time also. Great product and I just wax it BY HAND when i do the rest of the car. My installer did it all by free hand on the car, he had the cutter for the kits but he said he had better luck by cutting it on the car.

I'm looking into getting this done to my cars too seems like a good investment there.

Installed my Clear Bra Paint Protection yesterday using 3M film and wanted to post a couple of picture of how it came out :eek: :biggrin: !

Great job, especially freehanded!

As to curves, I just had my Cayenne front resprayed and I covered the repaint with a clear bra. Time spent was 4-5 hours but it's definately a DIY job- even with the huge frontal area and somewhat complex curves of the Cayenne bumper cap. For the bumps and humps and curvatures you get the film to bond in a spot then stretch it to accomodate the curve. Then you continue to work it and stretch it around curvatures but the key is getting it to bond where the curve starts then stretching the film, get it to bond then continue to move through the curve.

Special discount for NSX prime member here in Houston on 3M Clear bra paint protection ! PM me for pricing!

Why? Is because that's all I really see its getting rock chips. The front bumper and the front top part of the hood where the headlights are.

I think the reason you getting rock chip where you getting it is because maybe you drive up close on another vehicle?

Also everywhere is different. It depend where you live as well. Here it's mostly highway.

I could of bra the whole front clip but I didn't think it was nessacery to do.

It can be done though. More time and material means more money :wink:.

- - - Updated - - -

Can this get swill marks on it like paint does?

Yes it can! You will need to treat it as if it was clear coat. If you get scratches and swirl what you can do is buff it using finishing glaze and it will look brand new again.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone here have any idea how put the clear bra on DF hood with those bump and hump and curvature?

Lay it down like you would do a normal hood. Curve or no curve it will bond. Once everything is laid out nice and smooth get yourself a new blade and just cut out where the duct is like a U shape and lay the cut part down and you done.

Hope this help. GL!

Installed Clear Bra Paint Protection on two cars today. A 2013 Acura TSX and a 2012 Honda Accord Coupe.

2013 Acura TSX...
IMG_0049.jpg IMG_0050.JPG IMG_0052.jpg IMG_0054.jpg IMG_0055.jpgIMG_0056.jpgIMG_0057.jpg IMG_0058.jpg

2012 Honda Accord Coupe...
IMG_0059.jpg IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0061.jpg IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0064.jpg IMG_0065.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone here that needs Clear Bra films like the big piece to do the whole hood, the whole door etc... I can provide you with this. Not to many company out there makes sizes to do your whole hood, door etc.. but I can get it for you if you need it. Alot of films out there "not gonna say any name" have that orange pill look after install and does not look so good. I promise you that the film I have is so good you will not knowest it there after install :wink:.

For example...:eek:
attachment.php

Anyone here in town (Houston, Tx) wants to get their NSX or any of there other vehicle protected with Clear Bra Paint Protection? PM me for a special discount. I promise you will not be disappointed!

Great investment for your car :wink:!

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 722
Last edited:
Just finish installing Clear Bra Protection on this 07 GS... laid out so nice and smooth you won't even knowest that it have a Clear bra on it . :wink:

IMG_0155.jpg IMG_0151.jpg IMG_0152.jpg IMG_0156.jpg

I don't know if you happen to ever come up to the Dallas area for work but if you do please let me know as I have a painted front lip I need clear bra on. Thanks!

I don't know if you happen to ever come up to the Dallas area for work but if you do please let me know as I have a painted front lip I need clear bra on. Thanks!

If I can get enough guys that need the type of work I do on NSX/cars I'll be willing to drive up there and spend the weekend. I don't really go to Dallas so for me to go there It have to be worth going. But yeah, If I ever go to Dallas I will def hit you up. :wink:

Just Completed Clear Braing two vehicle today. One was a Custom 1992 Chevy Crew Cab Dually and the other was a Special Edition Brabus Smart Car. Dually front clip and rear wide fenders was Clear Bra. Customer was very happy. Both cars is from the same owner. He first bought me the Dually when I was done he then came back with the Smart car and pick up the dually. Smart car whole front was Clear bra.

Before...

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

After...

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Before...

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

After

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Lil One just playing around....:smile:
IMG_0232.jpg

I will be removing my 3M Clear Bra that is on my NSX. I will be doing it all over this time the whole hood and fenders. I will also clear bra the rear upper bumper. :wink:

Back