• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

4th July Pics......The NSX + More (LOTS OF BIG PICS)

NSX-R

NsxJoy said:
With the 1:1 power to weight ratio, the NSX-R re-emphasized its statement that power is not everything. It is one of the only cars* that can do 0-60 under 5secs (4.4 to be exact) and under 13secs (12.7) 1/4 mile with under 300hp. Since the NSX is not designed for drag racing, its handling can only be more impressive than its acceleration time. Bottom line, all Honda Type-Rs are desirable IMHO.

*Lotus Exige can do 0-60 in 4.7 secs and 1/4 mile @ 13.0 secs

Thanks for the input. In late 1990 I saw a picture of an NSX and thought " Wow, the Japanese are building a Ferrari." Well as it turned out they built a car with supurb handling and looks to kill. Peformance between the 328 and 348 with reliability of a Honda Civic. What a combo and it didn't cost a fortune, Of course the first batch or two were over inflated ... but that happens today.
In today's rat race we need a new generation NSX ... BADLY !Possibly a US spec'd NSX-R type car. You said that it can do 0-60 in under 5 secs with under 300 hp, can you imagine what it could accomplish with 350 or so? And with the Ferrari 360 (400hp)costing just shy of $ 200 grand, the NSX(R) would be a steal of a deal if it were around $100 grand.
Maybe all NSX owners and enthusiasts should draw up a petition for Honda/Acura. Maybe then we would get somewhere.

NSX IMAGE

NA1 #2853 said:
As for why i would like the NSX-R (and i meant the original one, not the '03), its is the perfect blend of power/handling/balance. Have you guys watched the Best Motoring" Vol.4, where the test the NSX, NSX-R, Type-S, and Type-Szero. Watch the way the handle compared to each other, there is quite a difference. I'll see about posting a video clip of that part.

Ray,

I've watched many Best Motoring videos and all of the ones when it includes the NSX. The best one is the 2002 August issue where all of the NSX models compete with each other which includes the original Type-R, Type-S, Type-S Zero and the '02 NSX-R. It is concluded that the Type-S Zero performs better than the original Type-R and the '02 NSX-R is superior to the S Zero in everyway. The NSX-R is definitely a big improvement to the Type-R which eliminated the understeer problem, the new R-wing and a diffuser are also added for more downforce plus a semi electronic (a red flashlight is added and it blinks when near red line) carbon fiber dash board. I assume when you said the original one, you mean the flip head lights Type-R, no?

NSX Image,

There are numorous posts about owners wanting extra hp from factory. Browse around the forum or do a search, you'll come up with a lot of interesting posts regarding the "urge for more power" issue. If the NSX-R has 350hp, it will definitely make it to today's Top 10 car lists. Either way, 280hp is more than enough power for one to handle. 80% (and I'm being generous already) of the people can't even use up 90% potential of a 200hp engine. The horsepower race between car manufacturers mislead people to thinking 280hp is not enough. Sure it's nice to see the numbers getting lower in 0-60s and 1/4 miles but it's just about anyone can drive in a straight line.

Oh, almost forgot to tell ya, the NSX's performance is definitely not between the 328 and 348. The Type S Zero has beaten the 355 in 1/4 mile. In this case, I'm sure the NSX-R can hang with the Modena but not the Challenge, of course ;)

Last edited:
Back