• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

5 days in a Ferrari

nbovelle said:
It is interesting that it is a big deal for the Ferraris to go five days with no MAJOR mechanical propblems!

I don't.

Ferrari is trying to tell people that their tarnished reputation with respect to a shitload of maintenance is not true.

New Ferrari's are reliable, they're like any other car. Maintain them, and they'll run. However, they're not CHEAP to maintain and that's where the kick in the pants in F-car ownership is.

I think this statement right here says all you need to know about Ferrari's reputation for reliability.

" These two Ferraris traveled from Brazil to New York City over a three-month period during the Ferrari Panamerican 20,000 and had no major mechanical issues."

Would it be a news story if a Toyota Camry made that trip with "No major mechanical issues"?:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. :rolleyes:
Last year I drove my 15 year old NSX 30,000 miles with “no major mechanical issues” and no minor ones either.
Big deal.
Reminds me of the question, “What car is that?” Response: “ A Honda NSX, like a Ferrari except designed by engineers”. Haha.

But it must have been hell for that journalist who was driving castrated in that Ferrari for all those miles…poor guy almost had an orgasm that time he could pass somebody. So much, he even wrote about it.

Um, can he actually have an orgasm if he is castrated??? Dunno. Anyway, you know what I mean.

zahntech said:
" These two Ferraris traveled from Brazil to New York City over a three-month period during the Ferrari Panamerican 20,000 and had no major mechanical issues."

Would it be a news story if a Toyota Camry made that trip with "No major mechanical issues"?:rolleyes:

Good point. lol

Back