• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

6 lb strong battery..

Yup, they are expensive. I have one of those batteries in my NSX. There was a group buy on 6.5 lb batteries over a year ago on the M5Board.com forum. I used this battery in a 300ZX, then had the battery in storage for nearly a year after I sold the Z. I have had it in the NSX for about a month, no problems so far even after not driving the car for a week. I have a battery tender to keep it charged if I know I won't be driving the car for over a week.

nsxbattery2.jpg

links dont work on first post.... :confused: file not found...

Do they come with a hooker included for a 3 days full service --that includes she'll wash you NSX many times-- ?

Sorry, those prices are ridiculous .. unless you are running the GT2 class @ lemans :biggrin:

Oscar

Interesting, when I had this discussion with the company initially, they said prices were expected to come down in 09. I wonder if the price incresae is due to material costs or due to "market" or "greed".. if the latter, they can do whatever they want - it's a business, for profit...

If it's the former, both the consumer and the busienss will probably lose out on super cool lightweight technology.

The offer for $450.00 for a refurbed 6 lb batterery now sounds like a steal...

Interesting, when I had this discussion with the company initially, they said prices were expected to come down in 09. I wonder if the price incresae is due to material costs or due to "market" or "greed".. if the latter, they can do whatever they want - it's a business, for profit...

If it's the former, both the consumer and the busienss will probably lose out on super cool lightweight technology.

The offer for $450.00 for a refurbed 6 lb batterery now sounds like a steal...

Exactly. The braille or odysee sound cheap now. $1500 for a battery is really really steep.

HOLY CRAP!!! $1500 for a battery, that's crazy.

Does it come with forced induction and bridgestone f1 slicks?

I used to have the Odyssey 680 which weighs about 14.7 lbs. And although I liked the weight savings it gave me, it would also be completely flat after about 3-4 days of not having been used. Probably, my Clifford security system was the culprint, but ever since, I've been a bit less eager to swap the old lead-acid battery out, however much I would like to save some weight there.

That's my problem. I leave the car garaged for a few weeks at a time and I've had it die twice already. It is not completely dead, but just a hair short of being able to turn the motor.

Frankly, I haven't even looked to see what kind of battery it has since I've jumped it from the rear. I was actually going to look for a battery with a "reserve." Any recommendations?

I also thought about getting a lighter battery than stock (if it turns out that I have a stock one) but not at the cost of it draining after not having started the car often enough.

Why not just put a quick disconnect on the battery? I know there is no alarm but the car certainly isn't going to start with a dead battery. Is the thief going to jump it? he still has to get past the immobilizer too. I have just disconnected mine and after like 3 months it was still fine. I think someone sells a type of quick disconnect. That and a lightweight battery seem like the perfect option to me. They work fine for 3 or so days of sitting, if its going to be longer then just disconnect.

Last night I had some Haagen Dazs caramel cone, I thought it was pretty good...

LOL Bradley...

Slebidia no I didn't know that Braille did not make their own. Maybe I can try one of these Big Cranks. Are you affiliated with them in any way?

I am also considering Odyssee. Chime in anyone with opinions. I don't wanna make a mistake.

I also need a bracket obviously. Is Dali the only place to get an odysee and a bracket?

Last edited:
Well I have the 6lbs Braille in the NSX now. We'll see how it does over the next few days.

I am in no way associated with Big Crank. Run whatever battery you want. I was just trying to save people a few dollars.

I've tried a couple of PC680s in my CRXs before. They were usually fine till I accidentally drained them 2 or 3 times. No headlight chime in the CRX. ;)

I have the 9.5 lb Braille battery and battery holder in mine right now. So far no problems but I use a battery tender to maintain the charge.

Back