• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

60-100MPH times for a SOS SC + Laminova IC NSX

If you are really happy, I would leave it alone instead of trying to run 12lbs and risk perhaps not being really happy.

*chuckle* i think Dave has a point..

I agree a 12lb car tuned well runs longer than a 5 psi car running lean... but there's not many guys with long term high boost applications.. if any? Mr. Bozo is on a stock block, but how many miles? I ran a decent amount of boost for a while.. but eventually the ringlands failed... and I feel my tune was sound. I never heard a peep of detonation.

*chuckle* i think Dave has a point..

I agree a 12lb car tuned well runs longer than a 5 psi car running lean... but there's not many guys with long term high boost applications.. if any? Mr. Bozo is on a stock block, but how many miles? I ran a decent amount of boost for a while.. but eventually the ringlands failed... and I feel my tune was sound. I never heard a peep of detonation.
I agree with what you guys are saying. I ran 12 lbs on a stock Integra motor turbo making 320whp for 40,000. I eventually upgraded the motor to make more power. Also had a Jackson racing supercharged car 12 lbs on another b-series motor also ran over 60k on it. Both of these cars were driven very hard. Now an Nsx motor cost a lot more to replace . So I see your point. What's funny is I came on here about 6 years ago asking about turbo charging an Nsx and was told you couldn't do it without a built motor. Now all these guys are doing it. I was told this isn't a civic motor. Honda engines all have an open deck which risks cracking a sleeve under high boost. A lot of guys have not really pushed Nsx motors and I can't blame them. I have decided to run 10-11lbs to be safe. I have run several motors harder for long periods of time. What has me concerned it how lean my motor has been running prior to me owning it. 13.8 a/f is not good at all. I was told the supercharger has only been on the car for 4k.

I agree with what you guys are saying. I ran 12 lbs on a stock Integra motor turbo making 320whp for 40,000. I eventually upgraded the motor to make more power. Also had a Jackson racing supercharged car 12 lbs on another b-series motor also ran over 60k on it. Both of these cars were driven very hard. Now an Nsx motor cost a lot more to replace . So I see your point. What's funny is I came on here about 6 years ago asking about turbo charging an Nsx and was told you couldn't do it without a built motor. Now all these guys are doing it. I was told this isn't a civic motor. Honda engines all have an open deck which risks cracking a sleeve under high boost. A lot of guys have not really pushed Nsx motors and I can't blame them. I have decided to run 10-11lbs to be safe. I have run several motors harder for long periods of time. What has me concerned it how lean my motor has been running prior to me owning it. 13.8 a/f is not good at all. I was told the supercharger has only been on the car for 4k.

I don't think anyone here will tell you what you can and cannot do. If you want to run 12 lbs on a stock motor, go for it. There are people running a lot more power these days on stock motors than the old days. Engine management is WAY more advanced. I am surprised CT-Engineering hasn't updated their kit to include the AEM and other enhancement to make it even more reliable and squeeze out a little more power.

I am only speaking from experience that with the NSX motor, sometimes less is more.

Regardless of what you do, I would make sure you have an upgraded fuel pump, or get a new one. 13.8 is BAD news. Mine was going to 12.9-13.1 with 6lbs on a stock motor with my stock fuel pump at 7000+ RPM. Since updating to the Walbro 255, I am now closer to 11.8 to redline.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the results.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here will tell you what you can and cannot do. If you want to run 12 lbs on a stock motor, go for it. There are people running a lot more power these days on stock motors than the old days. Engine management is WAY more advanced. I am surprised CT-Engineering hasn't updated their kit to include the AEM and other enhancement to make it even more reliable and squeeze out a little more power.

I am only speaking from experience that with the NSX motor, sometimes less is more.

Regardless of what you do, I would make sure you have an upgraded fuel pump, or get a new one. 13.8 is BAD news. Mine was going to 12.9-13.1 with 6lbs on a stock motor with my stock fuel pump at 7000+ RPM. Since updating to the Walbro 255, I am now closer to 11.8 to redline.

I wish you the best of luck and look forward to the results.
I already installed the walbro 255 after i saw how lean it was on the dyno. I do appreciate your advise and trying to help me. I should have my parts by the weekend. So hopefully in the next few weeks i will have it done and will share the results

Blacknot: What fuel injectors (brand, size) and which management system are you running?
I ordered 550 RC injectors and since my car is DBW Sos recomended the Aem Fic over the standalone so went with the Fic

I already installed the walbro 255 after i saw how lean it was on the dyno. I do appreciate your advise and trying to help me. I should have my parts by the weekend. So hopefully in the next few weeks i will have it done and will share the results

NetViper / Blacknot,

I believe I am running lean up top as well and was coming up with a winter plan to fix it. Would another option be to increase the fuel pressure? Both of you went with the Walbro 255 which I have not heard great things about. I had a pair of them in a previous car and never had an issue but I have heard a lot of failures with that pump.

Does the stock pump really run out of capacity at 380wheel?

NetViper / Blacknot,

I believe I am running lean up top as well and was coming up with a winter plan to fix it. Would another option be to increase the fuel pressure? Both of you went with the Walbro 255 which I have not heard great things about. I had a pair of them in a previous car and never had an issue but I have heard a lot of failures with that pump.

The problem with the comptech kit is it uses a FMU. This was used before standalones were available. You can't get an accurate tune. The comptech kit might run ok on a stock motor but when adding headers and exhaust you are making more power. I'm amazed a $10,000 kit doesn't come with a fuel pump and has an fmu. The two reasons I was told which makes sense to use an Fic over full standalone with my set up is this. My car is drive by wire and since I'm not running huge injectors you are not going far off the stock Ecu mapping. Its a waste of money to spend triple on a set like this. Now if I was running 1,000cc injectors it would be different. Also from what I have been told the Fic works better with drive by wire since the stock Ecuador is still in place. Its better sometimes to keep things simple

NetViper / Blacknot,

The problem with the comptech kit is it uses a FMU. This was used before standalones were available. You can't get an accurate tune. The comptech kit might run ok on a stock motor but when adding headers and exhaust you are making more power. I'm amazed a $10,000 kit doesn't come with a fuel pump and has an fmu. The two reasons I was told which makes sense to use an Fic over full standalone with my set up is this. My car is drive by wire and since I'm not running huge injectors you are not going far off the stock Ecu mapping. Its a waste of money to spend triple on a set like this. Now if I was running 1,000cc injectors it would be different. Also from what I have been told the Fic works better with drive by wire since the stock Ecu is still in place. Its better sometimes to keep things simple

Ron,

When you had your Air/fuel checked, did you use a tailpipe sniffer, and were the cats in place?

BTW, I think I've finally found a gallardo........

Greg

Ron,

When you had your Air/fuel checked, did you use a tailpipe sniffer, and were the cats in place?

BTW, I think I've finally found a gallardo........

Greg
Yes Greg the cats were in place at the time and since then I have removed them. The dyno reads accurate. Even if it was slightly off the car is running lean. You can even see after 6k and vtec engages the power curve on the dyno sheet goes from smooth to wavy because it appears like the car is starting to pull timing. Glad to hear you have almost found a new car. I'm loving the Nsx. Check out the gallery I just did a nice photo shoot

Not to between a dead horse but I wanted to share something that amazed me. I spent the weekend at the drag strip for Import face off event. A local shop Real Street has an S2000 with a bone stock bottom end. He just recently put cams with valve springs and retainers. He has been running 500+ whp on it for 6k miles. Well this weekend they turned the boost up to 29lbs running 713whp and ran at the track all day deep into the 10's and drove the car home. Stock bottom end

Back