• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

70 Shots on dyno

Hi,
Just got my 96 with Taitec center exit exhaust and 70 shot on the dyno so here's the graph.

f86e9726.jpg.orig.jpg

Can someone explain why the torque curve falls off at the top end? I remember seeing another NOS dyno and saw the same thing.

96GoldNSX said:
according to my graph, I lost 20% of power through the drivedrains. Is this normal for an NSX?
I think a typical loss is 15%, but what the dyno reports is not all that important, unless the loss reflected is because of engine problems or something like that. Dyno's will be dyno's - they're a tool. More importantly, your power gain shows 46.9 peak HP and 64 peak lbs/ft. The balls in your court as to whether that's what you expected, or told to expect. Caveat: I read the tq as 230.

Honda claims the 3.2 engine rates at 250 rwhp. The FAQ's do say that typical drive train loss is typicaly reflected in the area of 15-20% Hehe, I'll use the 20% number for myself. :)

Hey Dan,
Dry or wet system you got on there ?
I got the same setup like you have, and with 75Wet my car put 313.3/291.2 RWHP.
Or maybe my shortgears R/P make it different.
I will upgrade the shot to 100 next week and hoping to get atleast 330rwhp.
92 Red/Blk, ShortGears R/P, Comptech PGI Clutch, Taitec Center Exhaust etc...

Last edited:
BlKeViL said:
Hey Dan,
Dry or wet system you got on there ?
I got the same setup like you have, and with 75Wet my car put 313.3/291.2 RWHP.
Or maybe my shortgears R/P make it different.
I will upgrade the shot to 100 next week and hoping to get atleast 330rwhp.
92 Red/Blk, ShortGears R/P, Comptech PGI Clutch, Taitec Center Exhaust etc...

I have the Zex dry kit, very simple to operate IMO.
wow, 313/291? very impressive numbers. Wish you the best with the upgrade to 100. I wouldn't go that high though.
I will run the 1/4 very soon, so I will find out how quick in reality 70 shots will give me.

Hellspawn said:
wow, 313 vs. 285rwhp? does a wet system make that much more hp w/ the same shot just because it's wet?

Yeah, can you post the dyno? I'm curious to see the difference!

Hellspawn said:
wow, 313 vs. 285rwhp? does a wet system make that much more hp w/ the same shot just because it's wet?

NO! period, end of discussion!:) come on guys,please visit hollys NOS site and also ZEX and NX and read up on this stuff.if you want to run n20 on your ride it requires at minimal a basic understanding of what it is you are doing to make the power.

313 is right on the money for a 70=75 shot wet or dry on a 3.0 motor with H/E. those numbers are REALLY low on 96 golds car. did you check out your motor before going on the spray? I see you are using ZEX,are you using their n20 plugs and bottle warmer?

Wet or dry only implies the method of fuel enrichment to support the higher volume(CFM) of dense n20 that is rich in oxygen,dry means the stock injectors provide the fuel and wet is injected into the motor with the n2o and has a dedicated solenoid tapped into the fuel feed.

what you guys should be thinking about is first and formost what is the car making without the n20 and is that number on the low side? in this case it looks low. what mods are on the car? do a dyno pull off the spray and get your base and then do a n20 dyno pull,it should add right about 65 -75 dependent on the setup and jetted for 70 hp.
THE SETUP! the dyno run should be done with a full bottle at 1000-1050 psi and stabilized with a bottle warmer.gold did you make your run with a bottle warmer and know what your n20 psi was at? all big factors regarding your numbers. just my 02. worth

Last edited:
I'lll try to scan the dyno charts with and without nos this weekend for you.
It could be more if I can get my bottle to work, when we dyno the PSI only show at 900.

BlKeViL said:
when we dyno the PSI only show at 900.

I know that NOS states thats the sweet spot (900 psi) and where the solenoids function best but its plain out wrong.1050 is the sweet spot ZEX INCLUDED, 96 golds motor with that low n/a hp would make me think twice before spraying on it(Mike from SWR has a 96 and ran right at 315 like everyone else except gold here,I would poke around abit to insure all is up to snuff. if it were mine I would have it leak down tested first and run the right plugs and all the other safety stuff I insist on,but as stated with numbers that low n20 will only lead to the demise of that motor post haste IMHO.

Mike Phan, are you planning on bumping up your rm kit to 100? or did you shit can it for another setup? let me know if I can help out with any tech stuff you want to know about running that high a shot. (dont go over that;)

David,
I don't have a bottle warmer, and I don't know what PSI I was at.
238 NA is about right, there were another NSX with the same NA set up as mine put out the same number (238.8) on the same dyno. For the 70 shots, I thought they were crank rating???
Well, I am using ZEX spark plugs with the set up. But just to take your advice, I will have my engine leak down test before spraying again.

Dan

Hey Dan,
Do you mind tell us why you go from Turbo to NOS ?
My car is 92 with 58K Miles, Taitec Center Exhaust, Intake, Type R gear R/P dynoed at 257RWHP.
Saving up for Taitec header @the moment.

BlKeViL said:
Hey Dan,
Do you mind tell us why you go from Turbo to NOS ?
My car is 92 with 58K Miles, Taitec Center Exhaust, Intake, Type R gear R/P dynoed at 257RWHP.
Saving up for Taitec header @the moment.

Hi Mike,
Turbo ODBII is no joke...:D
NOS is so much less hassle.
with headers you should get 265 RWHP, that's what my friend's set up puts out (on another dyno).

Guys, we can get you to 315 rwhp safely, believe brothers believe. wet or dry it is well within the green parameter( safe zone)
Dan, smart move doing the leakdown and it would not hurt to drop in a new fuel filter, BTW you can run a FPSS with the ZEX kit even though they say no and it is not needed. do it anyway.you do all this and then dyno the car with A/F inmind ahead of power,once you have the A/F dialed in then go for the power keeping an eye on the A/F throughout the whole session.
GOOD LUCK and happy spraying!:D

Yeah I thought it must be some other variable besides the delivery system that caused the hp difference. BTW, when is your SWR site gonna be up BadCarma?? I can't wait to check out your different n02 packages.

Hellspawn said:
Yeah I thought it must be some other variable besides the delivery system that caused the hp difference. BTW, when is your SWR site gonna be up BadCarma?? I can't wait to check out your different n02 packages. [/QUOTE
]
SWR is not my site, it is a different vendors site.

Hello I live in Europe,Idon't know why but the stock motor has 274 hp here,with my AEM it has 294hp and with the zew xet kit it has 360 hp and when it was tested I only had 700 psi pressure in my bottle,now I let it refill and my car is a lot faster now,I will put my dyno here as soon I have time....What maybe a little different is in Begium is that we drive with 98 octane fuel...
greetings from Europe....

I got my dyno sheet scanned now, can someone post it up for me ?
My AFR at 7.5 RMP is messed up :(

Last edited:
Back