• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

8-21-2010 Houston area NSX Meet!!!

Hey guys,

Thanks so much for making it out. I want to especially that Ara with Alara Garage for your hospitality and support. It was a pleasure meeting Steve and we appreciate him taking time out of his weekend to show us around. Hope you are feeling better Ara! :smile:

Stay tuned, I'd like a plan an evening gtg within the next few weeks. Maybe a Friday or Saturday night.

Regards,
- Zishan

Had a great time meeting everyone. Hope to come to more events and really remember everyone's name. :tongue:
Pics look great thanks!
Extra kudos for Zishan and Ara and Steve!

Man, those pics from Alara look sweet - wish I could have made it! Z and Kevin - it was good to see you at the range, though - thanks for letting me borrow your guns.

On another note, I noticed only one NSX with a front license plate (the Imola.) Has anybody ever run into an issue not having one? I just got my plates (since I just got my NSX!) and was wondering whether I should get the SoS Stealth plate holder (looks better without it, don't want to rack up tickets... the usual debate.)

Any thoughts?

Glad you guys had a good time. I was suffering until yesterday. Let's do it again sometime!

As far as front plates, there are pros and cons, but I have always had the benefit (yes, benefit) of getting a front license plate ticket with my speeding tickets. It gives your lawyer a bargaining chip and they can usually work it out so you pay for the no plate (non-moving) and get off on the speeding (moving) violation. Plus it looks better. :wink:

Off to Mosport for MX-5 Cup racing this weekend. Wish me luck.

Ara

oh yea ara that was a cool setup you had there. Thanks for the invite. Maybe you can crank up some of those cars for us next time. We got to get together next month fellas.

On My daily driver (miata) i have the front plate on it. I`m in that car more then the nsx so I put it on there. But I will never put a plate on my nsx. It is a pleasure for people to see an exotic car and I dont want to ruin the experience for them with a ugly front plate.

Pignsteak,If it helps in your decision...it was not my choice to mount the front license plate. The vehicle came with the front holder from the previous owner. In my opinion, I would definitely leave it off!

Thanks for the advice, guys. I was considering the SoS Stealth license plate bracket, but I think I'll skip it even though I've already got the holes drilled under the front lip (not visible.) I agree it looks so much better without it. Ara - sorry to hear about yours coming with the plate on (those snakebite holes always look terrible), and thanks for the tip on the moving v. non-moving violations!

Looking forward to the next get-together; I'll try to make it out for more than just the early morning part!

As far as front plates, there are pros and cons, but I have always had the benefit (yes, benefit) of getting a front license plate ticket with my speeding tickets. It gives your lawyer a bargaining chip and they can usually work it out so you pay for the no plate (non-moving) and get off on the speeding (moving) violation. Plus it looks better.

Ara

Pignsteak,If it helps in your decision...it was not my choice to mount the front license plate. The vehicle came with the front holder from the previous owner. In my opinion, I would definitely leave it off!

On My daily driver (miata) i have the front plate on it. I`m in that car more then the nsx so I put it on there. But I will never put a plate on my nsx. It is a pleasure for people to see an exotic car and I dont want to ruin the experience for them with a ugly front plate.

Same (on my Accord.)

Back