• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-01 02 Style Valence Center Piece, Spats, and NSX-R Fiberglass Diff Carbon Fiber Ov

'02 NSX-R rear valance diffuser piece for '91-'01 valance...

If you have '91-'01 OEM rear valance & are interested in the NSX-R rear-valance diffuser piece (fitment is for '02-'05 OEM rear-valance), I'm working on something that'll be virtually identical - but fit '91-'01 OEM rear valance. Some NSX'ers have quad-tip exhausts, therefore can't use the newer rear-valance and others aren't keen on spending $600-$700 for the valance then another $200-$300 for paint/installation.

nsxrrv91018nz.jpg

I think cost should be what a Kite FRP piece is... basically just materials/fabrication & package/parcel. Labor/profit, nada.

(this is different than the Kite piece & the planned '02-'05 style center-piece)

Re: 91-01 02 Style Valence Center Piece, Spats, and NSX-R Fiberglass Diff Carbon Fiber Ov

yaynsx said:
WTF You can't even get a hold of him??????? Man I am glad I didn't pay for this allready. Sorry I am just glad I saw this. I just got the money together for the spats and center piece and was going to contact him. I hope you get it soon...... I will probably look somewhere else for these parts if not.

If you have other means than you may choose what works best for you.

I just sent Carlos an email yesterday. I am in Thailand right now so if anyone can try calling him that would be great.

Thanks.

Re: '02 NSX-R rear valance diffuser piece for '91-'01 valance...

Osiris,

If you can produce such a piece, I am in for one.

I've been waiting for the centerpiece for a long time now. I will try to give Carlos a call tomorrow through a phonecard and hopefully I will get to speak to him. Carlos please give Hutch a call, as it is difficult to coordinate with you when I am in Thailand and in the temple. His number is 714-552-0688.

Cheers

Osiris_x11 said:
If you have '91-'01 OEM rear valance & are interested in the NSX-R rear-valance diffuser piece (fitment is for '02-'05 OEM rear-valance), I'm working on something that'll be virtually identical - but fit '91-'01 OEM rear valance. Some NSX'ers have quad-tip exhausts, therefore can't use the newer rear-valance and others aren't keen on spending $600-$700 for the valance then another $200-$300 for paint/installation.

nsxrrv91018nz.jpg

I think cost should be what a Kite FRP piece is... basically just materials/fabrication & package/parcel. Labor/profit, nada.

(this is different than the Kite piece & the planned '02-'05 style center-piece)

Re: '02 NSX-R rear valance diffuser piece for '91-'01 valance...

Wow, if it would look like ANY of those it should really be a nice piece.

Re: 91-01 02 Style Valence Center Piece, Spats, and NSX-R Fiberglass Diff Carbon Fiber Ov

Hey Stick-e-rice,

I don't know why you have not received the center piece yet, it was sent out weeks ago.
I have emailed your brother and returned his phone calls aswell but I keep missing him.
I called again yesterday and left a message.
Please have him call me again, my cell phone is on most of the time.
If he has still not received it, I will send you another one a.s.a.p.

I would also like to say that the original plan was that this was to be a group buy and deposits were to paid upfront...THAT DID NOT HAPPEN...so I went ahead and tooled this up anyway.

Profit for me at this point is NIL. I have spent considerable time and money developing this and will most likely never see a profit.

Anyhow I am buying another nsx this week and I will install a kit on it and post fitment pics as soon as I get a chance.

Carlos

Everyone is waiting on pictures of the finished product. I will be able to post as soon as it has been installed. I'm sure once the actual product is posted and the quality is certain, people who have signed up before will commit to a set.

Let's make this happen and be calm.:smile: Afterall it is me who has paid and received nothing yet. Shipping can be a pain sometimes, so I understand, but let us try to complete this thing we have been working on.

Tons of 91-01 NSX owners would want this piece with a visible picture of a finish product that is of acceptable quality. Those with 91-01 quadtips exhausts are a even easier sale.

Hutch's phone number at the restaurant is 1-949-643-5521.
If you have a tracking number, we can go ahead and track it ourselves also.

Please check shipping address to see if it matches my address on my paypal account:
Ton Phairatphiboon
12136 Ahern Ct.
Tustin, CA 92782

Let's try to get this done:smile:

Anybody get one of these installed yet?

I was thinking this valence could be modified for a center exit type exhaust?

Besides the standard Taitec type rear diffuser, there doesn't seem to be a lot of options for center exit exhausts.

This being FRP, seems like it would be easier to modify for a custom application.

Just spoke to Hutch today and the centerpiece has not arrived yet....:confused:

Carlos has confirmed that it has been shipped out so maybe shipping takes 2 weeks?:rolleyes:

I'll wait one more week.:frown:

Should I still be waiting and hoping?:redface:

Stick-e-rice said:
Should I still be waiting and hoping?:redface:
We know your pain. Those of us that paid in advance for the DF RWG have been waiting for 2 weeks longer than you so far.
TexasBrent just got his so we at least know that they have been produced and are being shipped.
Production was to begin 1-2 months after 3-9-6. I'm still waiting.

sign me up i would like the whole kit i have a 93 berlina if he can paint would be good:smile:

92NSX said:
We know your pain. Those of us that paid in advance for the DF RWG have been waiting for 2 weeks longer than you so far.
TexasBrent just got his so we at least know that they have been produced and are being shipped.
Production was to begin 1-2 months after 3-9-6. I'm still waiting.

Last time I called...he said it was shipped. Months later it has never arrived. Almost two weeks ago another one was told that it has been shipped again...... this second one still hasn't arrived.

I think you are in a better position than me.

Stick-e-rice said:
Last time I called...he said it was shipped. Months later it has never arrived. Almost two weeks ago another one was told that it has been shipped again...... this second one still hasn't arrived.

I think you are in a better position than me.

You may be right. I'm hearing of others receiving their products already so it sounds like mine is in route.
Sorry you are going thru such a tough time getting your part.:frown:

It is too bad. So many people will want this part. If he could just send mine out so that I can post pictures for others to see.....I'm sure many will want it.

I don't think Carlos understands that this needs to be done first.

Can't expect a bunch of people to send him money in a group buy without any pictures of the product.

92NSX said:
You may be right. I'm hearing of others receiving their products already so it sounds like mine is in route.
Sorry you are going thru such a tough time getting your part.:frown:

I called carlos about the center piece about a month ago but since you never got yours I held back from sending him the money!!! I'm glaad that I didnt yet because he's taking a long time for yours!!

Stick-e-rice said:
It is too bad. So many people will want this part. If he could just send mine out so that I can post pictures for others to see.....I'm sure many will want it.

I don't think Carlos understands that this needs to be done first.

Can't expect a bunch of people to send him money in a group buy without any pictures of the product.

Even if you do finally get your part many others, myself included would be VERY hesistant to send money seeing the issues you are having.
Hopefully you will get it and it will live up to your expectations.

This Guy Carlos Sucks Balls Dont Send Your Money And Keep Supporting These Flakes. I Dont Understand HOW These Flakes Stay In Business AND WHY YOU GUYS KEEP SUPPORTING THEM. IF I SEE HIM I WOULD BEAT HIS A&& I ALMOST SENT MY MONEY OUT AND HE SAID HE WILL HAVE IT TO ME RIGHT AWAY BUT I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T.

yaynsx said:
This Guy Carlos Sucks Balls Dont Send Your Money And Keep Supporting These Flakes. I Dont Understand HOW These Flakes Stay In Business AND WHY YOU GUYS KEEP SUPPORTING THEM. IF I SEE HIM I WOULD BEAT HIS A&& I ALMOST SENT MY MONEY OUT AND HE SAID HE WILL HAVE IT TO ME RIGHT AWAY BUT I AM SO GLAD I DIDN'T.

I WILL BE IN THE AREA END OF JULY..... LOOK FORWARDTO MEETING YOU BIG MOUTH!

Last edited:

As I mentioned in a previous post I went ahead and tooled up this part even though all the people that said they were interested did not make any payment of any sort.

I had told Ton that I would need at least 10 sales to make this worth my while.
That's not to turn a profit.....just to BREAK EVEN.

In fact were it not for him calling me regularly and asking me to please consider making this part ,I would not have done it. Now who is supporting who?The reason there are not more people or companies making custom parts for low volume vehicles is because THERE'S NO MONETY IN IT! In fact if it were not for the fact that I can do this myself and have no overhead the cost to produce this part would be crazy!

I have therefore devoted as much time as I could to this project under the circumstances. I cannot put my work, family and life on hold to produce parts at a loss.

I regret the delay and i hope that ultimately Ton will be happy with the part.I recently sold the building where I did my work so things have been a bit out of control.

I asked a firend at another shop to produce the part from the mold I made and ship it to Ton. I don't know what happened to it but Ton never received it. I had my friend make a second part and ship it. I found out last week that it in fact he had not yet shipped it.

I personally shipped the part to Ton on Thursday of last week and gave his girlfriend the tacking number.

I have also offered to give him a full refund if he is not happy for any reason.

This is a $125.00 item. folks!...do you really think i'm going to run off with the guys money?

I have ordered many items over the years and have encountered many problems with shipping...even with members of this site. SHIT HAPPENS!

I do not appreciate comments against my character by people who don't know me, have never dealt with me and do not have all the facts.

Those who are SO afraid of losing $125.00 that they will not deal with me ,I wish you the best.....

I have bought and sold many items including the 91 NSX through this site
and i'm sure that those who have dealt with me have nothing negative to say.

I will post some pics of the rear spats and valence on my car as soon as I get a chance.

Last edited:

I am interested also. I think many others are also, but everyone is waiting to see pics of it installed. Once pics are up, you may have quite a few orders to make your development time at least worth while.

You're right. $125 isn't a lot of money until it is your's that you lost. That is very inexpensive for the type of part being produced and sold but I really don't think that is the issue at hand.
Even though things were totally out of your control, and we all know things can happen, it just seems like some type of update is all anybody can ask for. Not a promise but something letting us know how things are progessing along.
I prepaid($700+) for something with a vendor and waited several months for it. I expected about half that length of time though. I felt a little irritated because of the time frame but when I got PMs and emails letting me know what was up it made me feel better. Like they didn't forget me after they got my money after all.
Money is hard to come by irregardless of the amount.
I apologize if you took any of my comments as offensive because it wasn't meant to be that way.
I'm interested in seeing the final result also.

I think that the main problem you are having is the lack of communication. People start to fear the worst when there is no response to thier questions or problems. Don't get me wrong and be upset, just giving my .02. I think a new product being made by someone unknown, sold unseen is preset to make people suspicious. Just look at the ztek vs cantrell header group buys. Good information given fast is what will help you sell these products. SOS is the best vendor I have seen on this board in regards to giving info and following up with concerns or problems. I wish you the best of luck and think if you can reassure people and get some pictures up quick you can sell a bunch. Make them want to buy from you by selling yourself. By the way your sideskirts that you have previously made look and seem to fit excellent.

bizman said:
I think that the main problem you are having is the lack of communication. People start to fear the worst when there is no response to thier questions or problems. Don't get me wrong and be upset, just giving my .02. I think a new product being made by someone unknown, sold unseen is preset to make people suspicious. Just look at the ztek vs cantrell header group buys. Good information given fast is what will help you sell these products. SOS is the best vendor I have seen on this board in regards to giving info and following up with concerns or problems. I wish you the best of luck and think if you can reassure people and get some pictures up quick you can sell a bunch. Make them want to buy from you by selling yourself. By the way your sideskirts that you have previously made look and seem to fit excellent.

I totally understand the concern and I do not in anyway want to suggest that because it is a realtively small amount of money that anyone should just walk away and forget about it. I have communicated with Ton's brother on several occasions by phone and by email. Unfortunately the info I had from my friend was incorrect. In all fareness to him ,he was doing me a favour by producing this part and with my move and buying the 91 NSX I didn't track the progress as closely as I should have. I take a great deal of pride in my work and i try to offer a good product at an affordable price. Thank you for your comments on my side skirts.I have sold them for $400.00 a pair. The fitment is as good or better than anything I have seen at double the price.
They have a full return under the car just like the stock skirts and fit into the stock slots.I don't make alot of money on them but I enjoy doing it. If i'm not mistaken, Stacey, who sells his skirts for $700.00 plus ( very nice product ) has recently posted that due to the high cost of developing and producing custom parts he will not be designing any new products.That's at almost twice the price of mine...how profitable can it be for me ?....you do the math.
It's not fare to compare me to S.O.S or other established companies, I'm not charging those kind of prices....check out some of the web sites and see what an average set of skirts sell for.
I know that's not the point either but I would appreciate people cutting me a little slack, I assure you I would never take anyones money and I will try to get parts out a.s.ap.
I will have my own workspace again shortly complete with a hoist so things should run alot smoother.

I am really excited about my widebody project and would appreciate everyones input. I just ordered a set of wheels 22" and 20'' and I will post some pics of that as work progresses.

Thanks again for the positive comments and I hope with everyones cooperation I can come up with some really cool stuff.

Thanks

Carlos

I've heard of some folks here who've had items sent from canada to the US or vice versa, get stuck in customs for WEEKS before. Sooooooo I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Back