• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-94 NSX or 81-87 Lotus Esprit

1267414-batman-retarded.jpg

LOTUS = lots of trouble usually serious * :biggrin:

The car was cool in its day...and especially in white:biggrin: but its a Lotus...and with very few parts to be found and dealers to work on them - absolute Hell will be the only outcome!!:eek:

It would make a great collector piece...but then again - so would a 91 NSX!!

Do the smart thing...like the rest of us...lol

Dam:cool:

to whoever drove the S4s, that car maybe feel like that to you because your not use to driving cars like that. the experience of the individual differs from person to person so does their taste. some like chocolate while others like strawberry.[/QUOTE]

You're joking right? You will find many here that have not just come up from a civic. Guys why are we letting non-owners in here? I personally don't want to expand the NSX community. The time will come when you can't find a good used NSX, and you never know when you might need a replacement (gulp).

Greetings

Buy the Lotus (if you don't already own one). Even you userid has Lotus in it. It almost sounds like you purchased one and have buyers remorse. I think that all of us have had that kind of experience at one time or another during our lives. You will always wonder about it if you don't buy it -- don't sell out your dreams. I would recommend that you try to find some rental place that would rent you one before purchasing. There are people in business renting exotics. It would be expense, but better to rent, not like, and return before purchasing. I always wanted a Countach . I drove 3 used ones and found a place that would rent me one. I rented one for a day -- 1988 -- best spent money ever because I didn't buy one.

Martin

I thought I seemed it up in post 2 and 3.

Last edited:
Dude, go by an old POS Esprit and leave us alone already....

I think Jim says it best. Get in or get out. You've been trolling for quite a while and obviously haven't learned much. You are comparing 2 vehicles in TOTALLY different leagues. That's like getting on Mustang forums and saying "Hey guys, I can't decide between a new GT500 or a Pontiac Sunfire.. I hear the blocks on the Sunfires are really reliable and I really like that body style"

Sincerly yours,

SunFireGuy04 :rolleyes:

Hey, I have a Hot Wheels of that Lotus... Same Trim...

To the quick: I echo...

Honda reliability :smile: vs. Lotus reliability :eek:
Honda's always gonna be around... :cool: Isn't Lotus up for sale again? :confused: (Maybe I'm wrong.)

I like the (likely) fact that a stock NSX will keep you happy well over 200k miles (some say 300k). Even modded, it's designed to handle the extra oomph.

It's easy to appreciate the looks of the lotus...and carry a sense of awe in its heritage...but it's heritage is racing, not longevity. Races are a few hours on a sunny afternoon. I can just about guarantee I'll enjoy (so) many more sunny afternoons with my targa roof off than any lotus owner will over the life of our vehicles...

It's hard to be a practical snob with a sensitive side...

Hey, whatever you pick, if you become half as fulfilled with your choice as I've become with mine (and I sincerely hope that for anyone investing in a passion) you will be luckier than 98% of the drivers on the road.

Best of luck... :wink:

Back