• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91-94 NSX vs. 00-01 S-351SC

Ok...so I've been looking for an NSX for a few days now. I love the car, but I'm kinda discouraged because it doesn't perform like I hoped it would in the 1/4 (I drive a mustang now so I'm used to TQ!) So I've broadened my horizon to either an 91-94 NSX or a 00-01 Saleen S-351 S.C.

The 351 runs a 12.7 in the 1/4 (good because my friend owns a Viper and then I could keep up with him!)

But I still LOVE the style of the NSX, but it'll be hard to get a loan on a 91, especially since I'm only 20.

So what do you all think? Pro's/Con's of my decision...

An NSX is NOT a staitline car. Never has, wasn't design for that in mind. The NSX, like any other exotic, was deisnged to be unique among a sea of sameness. It has a broad range of qualities... sleak deisgn, low production, high quality materials and excellent (from what i've read) handeling.

You need to ask yourself what is more important... having a muscle car or an exotic. Rarely do you get both in one package, unless your talking a late model Ferrari/Lambo or Viper. How many mustangs do you see on the road? Hundreds every day man.. constantly. If you want to drive something that is a slightly higher "breed" than the stang, then I would shoot for the NSX. If your looking for brute force, then go the mustang.

If your looking for brutal straitline and exotic looks... i'll make you a hellova deal on my Viper
smile.gif

MM

I happen to have both, and I can tell you that the NSX is a much better car overall. My Mustang now has a 408CI Vortec SC and with slicks it will run a low 10sec in the 1/4 mile. But, the car is not as refined and is very heavy. It's a blast to spin the rear wheels through 4th gear, and the roar of the V8 is awesome. If I had a choice to have only one, I would go with the NSX.

BTW, I'm planning on selling my Mustang in the near future if you are interested Brian. You can check out my Fotki album for some pictures of both my cars.
http://public.fotki.com/doclane/

Thanks for the input guys!! Great pic of the "R" crashing lol. I would imagine that a Cobra R could hang pretty close to an NSX on a road course...

anyhow, I would not get any "ordinary" mustang, hence the Saleen.

MadMaxx, what make/year viper do you have? How much you want for it?

My friend has a 2002 GTS.

I was and somewhat still a 5.0/4.6L Mustang enthusiast. Love the Cobra R and the Saleen and Roush Mustangs are probably the only domestic sports car I would purchase. But like what most say here. The two are different beasts. If you want straight line power, brute torque, and that one of a kind V8 rumble, then go for the Saleen. The Speedster is one beautiful machine. But if you want refinement, simple but stunning body lines, canyon carver, high rpms, and reliability all in same package, go for the NSX. Between the two, I myself decided on the Acura for the said reasons above. Good luck with whichever one you decide to go with.

It's a very easy choice.

Since one-dimensional straightline performance is a top concern for you, the Mustang is your car.

However, for those who prefer to live in a multi-dimensional world, the NSX is their choice.

Nic pics of your Mustang, Dr. Lane! I'm also planning to sell my Musting in 1-2 years to get a second NSX!
smile.gif

Back