• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91' AT->MT conversion, how about the EPS ??

I'm doing a MT conversion for my 91' NSX

I have a question here, can you keep the Electric Power Steering on a MT conversion NSX? something to do with the MT ECU?

I had read alot of MT conversion post but they rarely talk about the Electric Power Steering while doing the conversion, the EPS is so important for me in HK, as we are always having heavy traffic jam and narrow lane space, most of the daytime we are "limited":wink: to drive like 50~90 km/h average.

b.jpg

a.jpg

Anyone here has the experience on the MT conversion?

Last edited:
you can keep the EPS working. You dont need a MT ECU. Just get an aftermarket piggyback (eg e-manage ultimate, hks f-con) or EMS (eg AEM or F-con Vpro). You will need to relocate the EPS sensor from AT to the MT.

Thanks nsxinkl
I already have a MT ECU, it was included with the 5 speed gearbox from a half cut NSX. Can you provide more information in this case? I'm not too familiar in machinery, thanks man

Last edited:
This photo is courtesy of Cody of Lovefab who has been very helpful when i was trying to solve this problem. Once again Cody, Thank you!

eps_sensor.jpg
[/IMG]

The diff speed sensor is on the left in this pic, VSS on the right.

Make sure you relocate both of these sensors from your AT to your new MT.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me around

Don't mention it. I have lots of help from other prime members.

If the EPS doesnt work with the MT ECU then just swap back the AT ECU and run a piggyback ECU to overwrite the 7500rpm cut off and you will have full functioning EPS.

I know 2 NSX here in HK had this AT to MT conversion done. I know they both kept the AT ECU and one of it use a HKS f-con to fine the car. If you need help may be i can ask my friend for the garage that done the conversion.

nsxinkl has this done so he is the man the ask!! Also his NSX is RHD too.

Thanks for your info EK4 hatchback

My NSX is still in Sydney, it used to be owned by Wilson Sham (the blue NSX) that imported to Sydney, I bought it 5 years ago, I'm planning to bring it back to HK next year. I'm still looking for RHD parts for the MT conversion, have you seen any wrecked NSX lately in Kam Tim? I've been finding parts for like half year and still can't find shifter assy for RHD

Last edited:
Thanks for your info EK4 hatchback

My NSX is still in Sydney, it used to be owned by Wilson Sham (the blue NSX) that imported to Sydney, I bought it 5 years ago, I'm planning to bring it back to HK next year. I'm still looking for RHD parts for the MT conversion, have you seen any wrecked NSX lately in Kam Tim? I've been finding parts for like half year and still can't find shifter assy for RHD

There is only 1 junkyard in HK that sell used NSX parts. I am not sure if they have the parts you look for since the price they ask for, you can almost get it new. Also the NSX price has raised quite a bit and you probably won't find anything in Kam Tim. Did you check for the new parts or Yahoo Japan? Good Luck!

hey, EK4 hatchback, I still have some questions to ask you
Is the NSX easy to pass through the road block in HK?
How about your friend's with GT wing?

HI Guys, nice to meet you nsx fellow here from HK, I own an 94 AT and did think about doing the same ...

However sourcing a good used MT parts is just too pricy and difficult!:eek:

HI Guys, nice to meet you nsx fellow here from HK, I own an 94 AT and did think about doing the same ...

However sourcing a good used MT parts is just too pricy and difficult!:eek:

Man, I was looking for the RHD shifter assy parts and the pedalbox set for like 4 or 5 months and it still comes with nothing

But I still think doing the manual conversion is a better option than finding a manaul in HK.

1. the white 91 MT NSX selling on car8 = $ F348
2. the price of getting a 97+ MT NSX = $ F355
3. the price of getting a 02+ MT NSX = $ F360

Beside your NSX kept so well also with low miles, you can consider to do the MT conversion if you have time to source out those part

Hi nsxinl
i am also facing this eps problem
could you pls teach how to fix it?
could you pls teach me more details about the diff sensor and vss sensor?
After change the sensors, will fix the problem?
pls tell me the parts number?
Thanks for helping

Back