• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 climate control

First off and first post.. I'm new to the NSX world and I'm buying my late father-in-laws 1991 NSX.
The climate control unit dose not light up or turn on at all, so there'sno A/C or heat.
Who should I send it to have it repaired?
Thanks in advance

If the CCU is completely inoperative, first make sure that you don't have a power supply issue. First check to make sure that neither fuse 33 (7.5 A) or 4 (15 A) have blown. If they are good, then once the CCU unit has been removed check the plug terminals at the back of the CCU to make sure that the CCU is getting power. The test for doing that is described on page 22-38 of the service manual. If the power supply checks out as OK then send it off to NSXe-repair.

A .pdf copy of the 1991 service manual is available in the NSX Prime Library (top red banner). Follow the links to download the manual. Aside from telling you how to do the power check on the CCU it will tell you how to get the CCU out of the console without damaging stuff. You are also going to need the service manual for all the other stuff you are eventually going to have to do on the car since finding qualified mechanics to work on the car is becoming increasingly difficult.

See if you can also score a copy of the 1992 Electrical Trouble Shooting Manual some place as this will also be a valuable asset in the future.

It's out !
Not to bad of a job, I just took my time and careful not to damage anything.
I used an old credit card to release the retainer clips on the dash vent to remove it.

I'm going to send it to Brian to get repaired.

20240221_142616.jpg

Back