• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 keyless entry - the truth.....

Same, I have a 91 and looking to do this mod. I’m pretty handy with electronics and PCB design, willing to contribute to a solution as much as possible.

Am talking to one of my PCB vendors to have the ribbon cables remade, so that recoding will be easier and cleaner.

Appreciate people trying to keep it stock, but the OEM keyless is SO BAD with the single lock/unlock button that you're not sure which you did without looking at the window lock pin, no light flash, and no trunk release. Why even put in an electric trunk release except to link to keyless? I'm not sure it's an improvement over just using a key. Nevermind the issues with silly, I mean "drilly", programming and aging capacitors.

I'd strongly recommend a newer plug 'n play system like those offered by @I_M_Legend and @drew that do all of these things, have separate lock and unlock buttons, and can be easily unplugged and put back to stock later if desired. I went with @drew because I liked the look of his remotes better, but I understand the units are very similar in function.

Back