• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91' NSX bk/bk pricing?

Looking for some opinions from the crew here on a car I am wanting to buy.
I have a line on a 91' BK/BK. Intake, Newer OEM wheels, Interior is very good, 90k miles, paint looks great and pretty local. $25k

Now the bad:
Owner did not really maintain other than oil changes. He bought in 08' and put 10k on it since then.
Took it to Acura here is what was stated:
Climate control does not work
Valve cover and oil pan leaking
Trans fluid needs changed
Antenna does not retract completely
Battery fails load test
May need a clutch you have to let clutch way out
Tires are cupped and feathered
Rear quarters, bumper and doors re-painted, front bumper re-painted, bondo filler on driver rear quarter. Looks good to the eye. I just wanted to know if it had been sprayed.

Is it worth $25k with these issues now known? Thanks for your opinions, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Looking for some opinions from the crew here on a car I am wanting to buy.
I have a line on a 91' BK/BK. Intake, Newer OEM wheels, Interior is very good, 90k miles, paint looks great and pretty local. $25k

Now the bad:
Owner did not really maintain other than oil changes. He bought in 08' and put 10k on it since then.
Took it to Acura here is what was stated:
Climate control does not work
Valve cover and oil pan leaking
Trans fluid needs changed
Antenna does not retract completely
Battery fails load test
May need a clutch you have to let clutch way out
Tires are cupped and feathered
Rear quarters, bumper and doors re-painted, front bumper re-painted, bondo filler on driver rear quarter. Looks good to the eye. I just wanted to know if it had been sprayed.

Is it worth $25k with these issues now known? Thanks for your opinions, much appreciated.

No.

CCU = ~$150 for repair (BrianK)
VC and Oil pan Gaskets = ~$250 to replace
Trans Fluid = Don't know the Acura dealer rate but figure ~$100
Antenna = the part is $575 and labor is probably $200 so $775
Battery = $100
Clutch = $2400
Tires = $500 to $1000 depending on tire
TB/WP service = $1400
New Damper Pulley = $300
Valve Adjust = probably $400
Hoses = $1000

Prices are approximate based on dealer rates. You have at least $7,875 in repairs that you know it needs for sure. And, this is just what the dealer found. Since it is a 91 with no record of maintenence, you could also face CV boots, clutch master and slave cylinders, brake master, wheel speed sensors, etc in the near future as well. If you can do the work yourself, then maybe it is an ok purchase. Otherwise, it's way overpriced.

Thanks alot for info and insight. I do have a Acura tech at hand but parts will costs as you said. Old owners kept records which current owner shared. This is what I confirmed but no info since this sellers ownership

Thermostat in 95'
WP/TB done in 99' 45k miles
Replace evaporator, compressor and condenser 00' 46kmiles
Vtech selenoid gasket/ oxygen sensor 02' 52kmiles
coolant flush, brake bleed, manual trans, oil pan gasket, pcv valve 02'
Flush/bleed abs 03'
Replace clutch assembly, coolant tank, replace cat, 68k miles
Resurface rotors, new pads 05' 69k
Pressure switch/ light, cleaned TB, factory exhaust re-installed 07'
oil pressure sending switch, new disk set? 2 at like $600 a piece i belive clutch disks 08' 81k

Anyone else feel free to chime in?

Last edited:
I wouldn't touch it based on the repaint and bondo. Don't walk away, run.

If it just had maintenance issues which you could tackle yourself, maybe, but the body issues would be a game over for me.

Plenty of great cars here on Prime around that price range with maintenance history and no accident history.

PM JD-350GT (i think that is his name). he has a black/black 91 fs for 25k. Most of the maintenance is done. Great condition. Car is in Kansas I think, but he has a great shipping connection that will be cheap or free for you.

I wouldn't touch it based on the repaint and bondo. Don't walk away, run.

If it just had maintenance issues which you could tackle yourself, maybe, but the body issues would be a game over for me.

Plenty of great cars here on Prime around that price range with maintenance history and no accident history.

+1 I would tend to agree

I believe you can find a nice blk/blk for a simlar price that doesn't have accident/history... bondo, etc. I myself would continue the hunt.

A repaint might not be a big issue for me if it was a very nice job just to be doing it because a previous owner wanted perfection. But this case appears to have been wrecked causing the repaint, I would move on...

Why bother with these NSX with issues? Even if you get them super dirt cheap, you're going to factor in the cost to bring it up to update anyways and other headaches.
PM JD-350GT (i think that is his name). he has a black/black 91 fs for 25k. Most of the maintenance is done. Great condition. Car is in Kansas I think, but he has a great shipping connection that will be cheap or free for you.

Yes, check his NSX out. Actually pm him and he'll work on his price for you.
Very clean, well documented with over 40 pages of receipts:eek:

I wouldn't hesitate to get his.:cool:

FWIW, it is typical for the clutch pedals to engage rather high on these cars. Perfectly normal.

Thanks for the heads up. I so want this car it hurts to let this local one slip through my hands. PATIENCE RIGHT!!! I did contact him I believe actually! I remember that handle!

Why bother with these NSX with issues? Even if you get them super dirt cheap, you're going to factor in the cost to bring it up to update anyways and other headaches.

Yes, check his NSX out. Actually pm him and he'll work on his price for you.
Very clean, well documented with over 40 pages of receipts:eek:

I wouldn't hesitate to get his.:cool:

Thanks for the heads up! Looking him up now. Appreciate all the help!

Good luck with the purchase but that original car wasn't worth more than 15k with all the work you needed, stick to prime classifieds

Back