• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 NSX Manual Smog Limits Changed?

Clean Power phone number in Vacaville is 707-455-7729

For the NSX you will need two 1 liter bottles ($22 each) for a full tank of gas.

Pour in the tank empty first prior to fueling. Fuel the tank to the top.

Drive 'til half a tank is done so it can do it's job in cleaning ur fuel systems, varnish in combustion chamber, etc.

Then do the smog test.

He said he can ship UPS or FED EX ground.

For the NSX you will need two 1 liter bottles ($22 each) for a full tank of gas.

Drive 'til half a tank is done so it can do it's job in cleaning ur fuel systems, varnish in combustion chamber, etc.

Then do the smog test.

Good info.

Would this stuff cause any problems with the car?

Then do the smog test.

How does this stuff compare to "Guaranteed To Pass - G2P" which is about $8 for a 12oz bottle?
2k_-_YJtBZmgEm8cSDFnKvJB2mGPmTLd3USZYHPMb-R45SUXpcvsh3i3LeDbHzYIzMN5q-xadOydowAmAq985RJS3ZKWciqVpF17BfqAAjvJBu-59n4Bwp7uENUHomc-jzp0IhYcCaTTgHvFe1ATqZc1tKkrPVueqVkcuE73nw

Good info.

Would this stuff cause any problems with the car?

Never had any problems with the RX7 (that's the canary engine), NSX, GTO, RX8, and 2 cjevy trucks. In straight piped cars the exhaust smell is MUCH less annoying. Flames and fire balls in the RX7 did change from a yellow to a blue color (that was totally unexpected). It's also an octane booster too.

No permanent damage to the cats or 02 sensors?

Nope

How does this stuff compare to "Guaranteed To Pass - G2P" which is about $8 for a 12oz bottle?
2k_-_YJtBZmgEm8cSDFnKvJB2mGPmTLd3USZYHPMb-R45SUXpcvsh3i3LeDbHzYIzMN5q-xadOydowAmAq985RJS3ZKWciqVpF17BfqAAjvJBu-59n4Bwp7uENUHomc-jzp0IhYcCaTTgHvFe1ATqZc1tKkrPVueqVkcuE73nw

Never heard of that stuff.

The owner of Clean Power apparently tracks his car ALOT with this stuff.

Update: I just passed smog with FLYING colours!

I went in today thinking that I was going to be at the top end of the spectrum seeing as I didn't change the oil/ freshen up the air filter/ or use BATMANs miracle liquid. I decided to smog my NSX the same way I smog all of my families cars, drive them about 45-60 mins and get the cats SUPER hot then just pull in to the station and leave it up to chemistry.

Turns out it worked better than I could've hoped!

idle (800rpm) / 2500rpm
%CO2 15.3 / 15.2
%O2 0.0 / 0.1
%CO 0.00 / 0.00
HC (PPM) 9 / 14

I got lucky as I just recently moved from a different county and didn't require a dynomometer / load test to check for NOx. So, sorry I couldn't help anyone with THOSE numbers, but I have no doubt my cats would've been up to the task, two stage or not. :biggrin:

I wonder if this "clean power" stuff is like those "octane boosters" we all have seen, where they're comprised mostly of alcohol. By putting mostly alcohol into your tank your pollution numbers will drop dramatically.

Someone grab a bottle of the stuff and take a swig of it! lol

OK.

I just had my damaged STMPO cat back mufflers replaced with the Magnaflow 36000 series Cats.

Also a few minutes ago I just bought 2 bottles (recommended for our tank size) of the Clean Power.

Just with cats on the exhaust practically has no smell.

My smog test (at a test ONLY station) appt. is this Saturday.

I'll post results.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0566.jpg
    IMAG0566.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,709
  • IMAG0565.jpg
    IMAG0565.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,707
  • IMAG0567.jpg
    IMAG0567.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,699
  • IMAG0568.jpg
    IMAG0568.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,703
I got lucky as I just recently moved from a different county and didn't require a dynomometer / load test to check for NOx. So, sorry I couldn't help anyone with THOSE numbers, but I have no doubt my cats would've been up to the task, two stage or not. :biggrin:

What county in Southern CA does not require a dynomometer test?

I have comptech header and exhaust and had to my car smogged in CA. First test failed because the car sat for ~20 minutes before being tested. Before the second test I drove the car hard and pulled right in. That time I passed with flying colors. The headers/cats need to be good and hot in order to pass.

OK, here are my results:

NSX with my mods in my signature, 2 new Magnaflow 36000 series cats located in the muffler section (so further down the OEM location) and Clean Power:

attachment.php

Car was warmed up 5 mins. I think I would have had better results had the NSX been more warmed up and with the larger 39000 series cats.

My previous 2002 GMC Sonoma with the 4.3 liter V6, 150k miles on the engine, cats in the stock location, properly warmed up & Clean Power:

attachment.php

This is the one that was making me laugh with tears rolling down my eyes when the smog tech thought the sniffer fell out and was looking around for something unusual....

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 595
  • sonoma.jpg
    sonoma.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 601
Very nice... hahaha... miracle juice it is...

I talked to the Clean Power guy for nearly an hour and he gave me some insight on the product for both street (smog/fuel system cleaner) and race applications. It really appears to be "Miracle Juice" for cars.

I have 6 extra bottles of this "miracle juice" that I was going to test/use in my go-karts, but if anyone needs them for smog and wants to buy them I will sell them for the same price @ $22.00 per liter + tax and shipping. You need 2 liters per 16 gallons of fuel.

PM me through Prime.

Back