• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'91 Red/Black VIN# JH4NA1154MT000170

Year: 1991
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
Price: $23000
Mileage: 134500
Color: Red/Black
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): Charlotte, NC

I just bought this NSX back in March and for personal need to get into a more "practical" car that I can daily drive...preferably an E46 M3 Convertible with SMG and lower miles (if anyone is looking for a trade). This is a great condition 91 NSX with the only modifications being K&N Intake, lightly tinted windows, and SSR wheels. The previous owner was a BMW Master Instructor at the BMW Experience and took great care of the car. Maintenance under previous owner by Steve Gooding.

Exterior paint is exceptional, with the only flaw being in the black paint on the pillars where a bit of fading has occurred near the top. The interior is also in very good condition. The leather shows no wear and the drivers seat bolster has been replaced. Zanardi mats, original air intake box and NSX garage cover included.

The AC/Heat both work, but like every NSX, it has its quirks. Not all of the "modes" necessarily line up with how the air blows. The important thing is that the AC blows cold and the Heat blows hot. Every once in a while the AC will take a short break, but I can't tell if that's the climate control telling it to shut off.

The stereo is typical for an NSX...the tape player has stopped working and so has the radio. One of the previous owners installed a CD changer behind the passenger seat and that works well. From what I understand, it would be an easy switch over to an iPod cable from the CD changer.

Other than the above items, the car runs great and is a blast to drive. It handles on rails and pulls really strong for a stock engine. I just had the oil changed about three weeks ago and they said everything looked good. I have a stack of records from the previous owners and have only done the oil change/service inspection since I have owned it.

The major service was done at 121K miles with timing belt and water pump. Not in the snap ring range. Clean/Clear title in hand...VIN # JH4NA1154MT000170.

Michael (MC36) can vouch for the condition, as well as a few other local prime members who I have met at Cars and Coffee.

More photos can be seen at...http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh146/smakee76/nsx/

Thanks for looking....Scott.

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

AutoCheck Vehicle History Report

1991 Acura NSX
Report Run Date: 2011-06-05 14:12:10.149 EDT
Report Summary

Class: Sport Car - Upper Premium
Engine: 3.0L V6 EFI
Country of Assembly: Japan
Vehicle Age: 20 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 4

VIN: JH4NA1154MT000170
Year : 1991
Make : Acura
Model: NSX
Style/Body: Coupe 2D

This vehicle qualifies for Buyback Protection

Safeguard your investment with AutoCheck Buyback Protection. It reduces the risk in buying a used vehicle.
About Buyback Protection

AccidentCheck

Reported accidents: 0
Title and ProblemCheck

Your vehicle checks out!
OdometerCheck

Your vehicle checks out! Last Reported Odometer: 3
Vehicle Use and EventCheck

No vehicle use reported

AccidentCheck

Not all accidents / issues are reported to AutoCheck

Your vehicle checks out! There have been no accidents reported to AutoCheck for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1154MT000170). AutoCheck receives its accident data from government sources and independent agencies, and based on the information available to us, we have found that no accidents have been reported on this vehicle. Not all accidents or damage events are reported to AutoCheck.

Title and ProblemCheck

Your vehicle checks out! AutoCheck's database for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1154MT000170) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems, and disqualifies the vehicle for AutoCheck Buyback Protection. Check the Vehicle Use and EventCheck for reported accidents that can affect vehicle safety and value.

0 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
No abandoned title record
No damaged title or major damage incident record
No fire damaged title record
No grey market title record
No hail damage title record
No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
No junk or scrapped title record
No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
No odometer problem title record
No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
No salvage title or salvage auction record
No water damaged title record
No NHTSA crash test record
No frame/unibody damage record
No recycling facility record

OdometerCheck

Your vehicle checks out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1154MT000170) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.
0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
3 11/08/1990

Vehicle Use and EventCheck

No Additional Information Reported! AutoCheck shows no additional vehicle uses or events reported to AutoCheck for this 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1154MT000170). This includes reported vehicle uses such as rental or lease, and events such as whether the vehicle has been reported to have had a loan/lien or duplicate title issued. Other events show if the vehicle has a reported accident and how many calculated accidents or if it has been reported stolen or repossessed. It is recommended to have pre-owned vehicles inspected by a third party prior to purchase.
0 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
No fleet, rental and/or lease use record
No taxi use record
No police use record
No government use record
No livery use record
No driver education record
0 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
No accident record reported through accident data sources
No corrected title record
No duplicate title record
No emission/safety inspection record
No loan/lien record
No fire damage incident record
No repossessed record
No theft record
No storm area registration/title record

Full History
Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.
Report Run Date: 2011-06-05 14:12:10.149 EDT
Vehicle: 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1154MT000170)
Event Date Event Location Odometer Reading Data Source Event Detail
11/08/1990 WESTBOROUGH, MA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:AF0773729)
11/08/1990 WESTBOROUGH, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:AF773729)
09/01/1996 WESTBOROUGH, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/01/1998 WESTBOROUGH, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/01/2000 WESTBOROUGH, MA Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/29/2001 OAK ISLAND, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:778236013028146)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/08/2002 OAK ISLAND, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/04/2003 OAK ISLAND, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/22/2003 OAK ISLAND, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/13/2003 OAK ISLAND, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/07/2004 OAK ISLAND, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/09/2005 OAK ISLAND, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/11/2006 SOUTHPORT, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/09/2007 SOUTHPORT, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
01/23/2008 SOUTHPORT, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
10/16/2008 SOUTHPORT, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/24/2009 RALEIGH, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
06/29/2009 RALEIGH, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:774649091800115)
04/13/2010 RALEIGH, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/27/2010 RALEIGH, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
03/28/2011 CHARLOTTE, NC Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:776745110871122)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

AutoCheck vehicle history report Terms and Conditions...

Last edited:
Bump...

Found the car I was looking for and PPI reveal a couple things that probably need attention, so best offer over $20K takes it. That is my rock bottom line.

Also have additional info from a PPI that I am happy to talk through with buyers.

To answer one of the most common questions I am getting...No, I do not have a record of when the clutch was replaced. I can only say that it pulls strong, doesn't slip and all the gears shift perfectly.

Here are the "bad" items the Tech found:
- Water pump was not replaced with timing belts, but he also said he's never heard of one failing
- There are two gaskets that are showing oil, spool valve and oil pan
- AC Condenser making noise is from the conversion to R134. Will probably need replacing at some point in the future. But blows cold 95% of the time now.

Last edited:
Back