• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 red/blk NSX with 36,530 miles with original owner

Same problem for me. Wont let me hit Enter to go down to next line. Huge pet pev....

However on a reply to your thread I can, just not on my own thread, or when I go to edit. Hmmmmm

Where are the floor mats? Also looks like by the angle of the shot that the driver's left side bolster has wear usually only seen in higher mileage cars and is trying to be hidden. It looks like it may be worth checking out though and would be a good deal if all maint. is up to par.

I didn't know heated seats were an option in 91. And is that a bleached spot on the driver's side carpet? Interior does seem to show some wear for 36k miles but the pics may be deceiving without mats and some detail work inside and out. This car may have been sitting for a while. Ask about maintainence, TB/WP, hoses etc. I'm not sure $36.5K is the right price point for this car though, NSX prices seem to be rising. Offer him $30k and work from there low mileage, original owner 91s are getting harder to find. He should also have all the books, keys and mats for this car. It's definately worth a look.

Advertisement says more pictures coming soon. Good...because it needs them.

Update from the SECOND owner...I purchased the car last week from the original (83 or 86 yrs old in poor health) owner. I was 1st person to see it and knew that if I did not buy it the next guy would and that I would regret it. He's still looking for the mats (he cleaned it up for a car show at the church and didn't put them back in). Pics did not do it justice but he would not allow his grandson (who posted the ad) to take take the car outside at the time because of inclement weather. Quite a character. He pulled the car out of the warehouse he owns and told me "I'll drive it up the road and you can drive it back." He wanted to drive the car one last time. As we entered I26 on the ramp in 2nd he checked the mirror, glanced to his left and put his foot in it...from the passenger's seat I saw 85+... real quick. As we went down the Interstate he casually says "I've never seen 170 but I have seen 150 in this car." (He used to race stock cars and owns a car perviosly raced by Rusty Wallace.) This car is totally stock..no mods...never on a track, brand new Bridgestones, all records, etc. Plus a 27" x 42" framed pic of the car obviously produced by Acura. (Pic has ivory interior but exterior is red.) Only his grandson ever drove the car in 23 years (approx 15 miles he said)...every service order had on it "DO NOT TEST DRIVE" and he made a note of the mileage every time he took it in. Car does have some minor issues that seem common to these cars....Bose speakers, support cylinders, had to recharge the A/C. All minor and price was adjusted far below cost to fix. This is my 1st NSX and I'm a newbie to this particular vehicle but I think this is an unusual car. The bolster wear looks worse in the pic than it actually is. Nose of car has virtually NO road rash. Owner told me that if he saw bad weather while on the road he simply pulled off and found a dry, safe place to park until it passed. I took it to the NC & East TN mtns on Sunday...383 miles and a lot of "spirited" driving. (27 MPG !!) ALMOST as much fun as my FJR 1300 which just turned 130K miles...many of those in the same twisties. Needless to say I'm extremely pleased with the car. I'm learning quickly NOT to drive it anyplace if I'm in a hurry as it attracts quite a lot of attention around here (upstate SC). My apologies for the long post but it's difficult not to be excited about a car I've dreamed of owning. I figured, heck, if I get hungry I'll sell the house and live in it !!

Congrats on the purchase. I would've been all over it if it were closer to me. It's hard to find a car here in Canada with 2 owners, let alone 1 with low mileage. From the photos that were posted, it seemed like the owner had several other toys in the room. I figured the owner had to be a serious and wealthy enthusiast, so chances are, the car is most likely well maintained. Again, congrats on the purchase. I'm still looking for my ideal NSX. :(

Where are the pictures? Congratulations on the find. It is rare to find a one owner low mileage NSX let alone a 91. Don't worry about the mats. You can find Zanardi mats for about $100 or less on Ebay.

I have a friend who is in his late 70s and is the original owner of a 91 with 300K miles. He has two other cars with over 600 hp each (MaClarin MP4 and Mercedes SLS AMG) And he still won't sell the NSX and daily drives it. He also has a lead foot.

It sounds like a fantastic car.

The ad is no longer available, so we are all waiting for the pictures :biggrin:

Welcome to the world of NSX ownership.

Congrats! Sounds like you bought a sweet ride! Welcome to the NSX Phenom!
Looking forward to the pics!

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments ! I figured if I didn't buy it I could be looking for years and this was right in my backyard. Also I owe a debt to this forum for all the info I was able to access prior to purchase which was invaluable ($$$$) in arriving at what I thought was a VERY reasonable price. Thinking about hanging the pic here in my office but afraid I might not get any work done if I do.

You MUST bring this special NSX to NSXPO 2013 in Raleigh. Not many original owner low mileage '91's out there anymore. Also, this would make a great story for an upcoming issue of NSX Driver magazine. Also, please share some pictures with us.

John Komar - Co-Chair - NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh/VIR - October

John,
Thanks for the invite and comments. As a "newbie" I'm not familiar with NSXPO...though I did see some old lit re it in the three manila folders of "stuff" that came with the car. I assume it's Oct in RAL ? VIR ??

There ARE pics available to view...Go to blindkenny.com and search for May 12 and see "Jim Hall." Kenny and Donna (blues fans) take photos of cars, bikes, bicyclists on North Carolina 80 3 or 4 miles from where it crosses the BR Pkwy.I think there are about 35 shown there. Little Switzerland on the BRP is popular destination for sports cars and bikes. The Porsche folks have had gatherings there at leaat a couple times the past 2 or 3 yrs. NC 226 A is knowns as the "Snake" and NC 80 as "The Devil's Whip." I've ridden both literally over a hundred times the past several years on my motorcycle. Just turned 131K on my bike today. 2 yrs this week....78K miles...

Back