• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

'92 OEM Keyless Entry found !!!

:eek: Hey guys long time no posting but....

My '92 Sebring Silver beauty came to me with a perfectly functioning keyless unit that lasted 15.5 years and 144,000 miles, including the same remote (I only ever used one, the other is sitting in the drawer :)

Well, it finally went kaput. I asked my local dealer in Scottsdale (where the car was bought new) about the replacement unit and was told what many users on this board have been told I have since found: " You're SOL, buy aftermarket."

I decided to not accept that and checked out Del Ray Acura in Fla.
Sure enough, they listed a "Main Brain" in stock for my '92, and on sale for $235, too! I ordered one and anxiously awaited its arrival.

Now I can confirm to the main board that this is in fact the correct unit for my early car AND that it came with two brand new transmitters. BTW, those transmitters are selling for $140 EACH on ebay, new.

Just thought I'd pass this along because I know a lot of people have been looking for these hard-to-find units.

John Maurice
'92 Sebring Silver

PS. the car still turning heads today at the local Starbucks here in Dana Point, CA, where the cute 18 y/o working the drive-in informed me that "Your car is bomb, I mean so H O T T!" Nice from a car produced almost when she was born!

:eek: Hey guys long time no posting but....

My '92 Sebring Silver beauty came to me with a perfectly functioning keyless unit that lasted 15.5 years and 144,000 miles, including the same remote (I only ever used one, the other is sitting in the drawer :)

Well, it finally went kaput. I asked my local dealer in Scottsdale (where the car was bought new) about the replacement unit and was told what many users on this board have been told I have since found: " You're SOL, buy aftermarket."

I decided to not accept that and checked out Del Ray Acura in Fla.
Sure enough, they listed a "Main Brain" in stock for my '92, and on sale for $235, too! I ordered one and anxiously awaited its arrival.

Now I can confirm to the main board that this is in fact the correct unit for my early car AND that it came with two brand new transmitters. BTW, those transmitters are selling for $140 EACH on ebay, new.

Just thought I'd pass this along because I know a lot of people have been looking for these hard-to-find units.

John Maurice
'92 Sebring Silver

PS. the car still turning heads today at the local Starbucks here in Dana Point, CA, where the cute 18 y/o working the drive-in informed me that "Your car is bomb, I mean so H O T T!" Nice from a car produced almost when she was born!

That is interesting. Keep us posted whether it is the correct unit or not.

Back