• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

93 NSX factory phone removal???

Just aquired my NSX over the week-end and will need to "FIX" a few things. First is the removal of the factory phone. I assume this is a factory option because it's got NSX on the hand set. Also, how is the best way to get the antenna mount off the back glass?

Thanks
HAL

Yes its the factory phone... Pretty cool if you are into retro.
If I can remember correctly there are 4 screws that come in to the center console from below to hold the phone down. Check the service manual pages (on prime) to see how that comes up. The antenna can be removed from the glass using a razorblade, or boxcutter blade, and shearing the sticky stuff from the glass on both sides. Then use WD40, etc to clean up the mess. The wire and trunk module come out pretty easy. With the limits on space, you are well served to remove the phone.

Hal 396
My 91 had a phone also, got rid of it. You will need a coin tray to replace the phone controls and a plate to go in the bottom of the armrest to cover the attachment screws.

If I remember right the coin tray was about $25 and the plate was like $18. You can scrounge around to find a used coin tray and maybe the plate, but I just ordered new.

If you want used, check with Joe at EZR Car in Brooklyn, NY. They have salvaged over 100 NSXs. [email protected]

While you have the console disassembled it might be a good idea to clean the aspirator assembly. That is the little fan that moves the air across the temp sensor for the environmental control unit. It is located behind the 4 or 5 small slots in the console cover where it bends up forward of the park brake handle. If you take it apart you will swear that it came out of an airplane. Set the preload on the adjuster if it needs it.

Brad

Thanks Brad. I removed everything but the control in the console. I'll do that this week-end. I made a plate out of some .040 aluminium sheet laying around the shop and covered it with some material I purchased at Hancoks. Turned out decent.

HAL

OLDMNSX said:
Hal 396
<snip>

While you have the console disassembled it might be a good idea to clean the aspirator assembly. That is the little fan that moves the air across the temp sensor for the environmental control unit. It is located behind the 4 or 5 small slots in the console cover where it bends up forward of the park brake handle. If you take it apart you will swear that it came out of an airplane. Set the preload on the adjuster if it needs it.

Brad
great suggestion, i'm doing the same to my '91 this weekend... thx for the nudge.

hal

Back