• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95+ Aluminum Rear Bumper Beam

I recently bought what was advertised as a 95+ OEM Rear Bumper Beam. Based on my understanding, I expected this to be the lighter weight aluminum bumper beam but I am not sure that is what I received.

Does anyone have a picture of the Aluminum OEM Rear Bumper Beam or is there an easy way to identify which bumper beam I have (91-94 or 95+)? I'll post a picture of what I received if I can figure out how...

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Is it silver or black?

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I've contacted the seller to start the return process.

Nope. Not sure when it was changed but the UKDM 1996 car I broke had an Ali rear bumper beam.
I think you may be right. I suspect introducing Targa in 95 has something to do with it :)

Pre 95 part number: 71530-SL0-305
And 95+: 71530-SL0-A01

Last edited:
Thanks again for the further info. I was second guessing myself on exactly which year switched to aluminum but my research/PN checking convinced me the change was made in 95.

should be aluminum color and weigh like 20 lbs if its black and weighs like 75lbs then you know.

I hope you did'nt get "mislead" by a seller/member here.
No, it wasn't a seller on Prime. It was from a used parts seller on e-bay...they are very highly rated and have been apologetic about the mix-up. At this point I'm willing to call it an honest mistake. Should have the item returned in the coming days and I will continue my search or just bite the bullet and buy a new one!

Back