• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

95 ECM needed ASAP

Apparently my ECM is not co-operating and I can't seem to find one...........part # 37820-PR7-A32 If anyone knows of one or someone who can fix my original one please let me know. I'm told the capacitors are loose or broken, not sure. I've tried some on-line companies but there are none available.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Rgds
Shawna

There are a number of vendors who offer rebuild services. Mr Google will give you the names. I can't comment on who does a good job.

Who gave you the loose broken capacitor diagnosis? That smells a bit of fish. The problematic capacitors for cars of NSX vintage have been the electrolytics and I only recall a couple of electrolytics on the ECU board, probably in the power supply section. Damaged electrolytics are relatively easy to identify and replace - even with modest soldering skills. I recall a bunch of ceramic capacitors; but, ceramics tend to have very long life spans. Failure is generally not an issue unless through hole mounting leads have fractured. The latter should be easily identifiable and easily fixed.

Apparently my ECM is not co-operating and I can't seem to find one...........part # 37820-PR7-A32 If anyone knows of one or someone who can fix my original one please let me know. I'm told the capacitors are loose or broken, not sure. I've tried some on-line companies but there are none available.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Rgds
Shawna

Most the rebuild vendors are sketchy and since they really have no way to bench test the full functionality except to compare with a known good unit; so its hard to find anyone with the right experience. Since there aren't a lot of capacitors in the unit that's probably a long shot. More than likely its a component that sinks a lot of current and has a heat sink attached. The components are vintage 90s stuff and many are not available anymore. Unfortunately the 95/96 ECU is a unique part (for NA1 OBD-II) and is not interchangeable with the much more numerically common 91-94 and 97-2000 cars. And used 95/96 ECUs are rare since not many seem to have failed. Some of the circuits, like the O2 sensor ckts, have mirrored circuitry so there is some built in comparison for troubleshooting. The NSX shares a lot of components with the Legend ECU so someone who has Legend ECUs on the shelf may be able to fix yours. Good luck.

Brian K is the go to guy for NSX electronics repair so it can't hurt to see if he'll try to fix it. If anyone can fix it, it would be him.

I'd also post wanted ads on the NSX Prime and NSX OWNERS GROUP Facebook pages as well as in the wanted section here. Failing that, you can call around to the various Acura parts sites and see if any of them have a new old stock replacement hidden away somewhere. I know Acura Parts Warehouse has it listed as in stock on their website, but realistically they probably don't actually have it.

Or as a last resort you can go with a full standalone setup.

I have sent you a PM [MENTION=17847]GECKO[/MENTION]

>Failing that, you can call around to the various Acura parts sites and see if any of them have a new old stock replacement hidden away somewhere. I know Acura Parts Warehouse has it listed as in stock on their website, but realistically they probably don't actually have it.

The Honda parts houses do not have NOS parts, they either ship them back after six months or destroy the part.

I conducted an exhaustive search for an NLA part and found some obsolete part numbers that showed "in stock", but none of them were. A parts manager finally got back to me and told me to stop ordering because I was just chasing ghosts.

Thanks......I called over 15 used parts shops, many of which show the availability but it’s not. My mechanic here was able to source a repair facility so it’s being sent out today. Than’s!

Back