• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

97-98 vs. 2002+

hi guys i was just wondering if there are any other differences with the body styling of the 97-98 nsx and the 2002+ nsx besides the front bumper, headlights, tailights, rear valence, and wheel size.. anyone kno anything else?
is body shape exactly the same with the bumpers just changed? or not?

Fatal-NSX said:
hi guys i was just wondering if there are any other differences with the body styling of the 97-98 nsx and the 2002+ nsx besides the front bumper, headlights, tailights, rear valence, and wheel size.. anyone kno anything else?
is body shape exactly the same with the bumpers just changed? or not?

The 02+ had updated side skirts, front emblem has chg, rear emblem has chg. Also 02+ has an added lip just under the wing (see lip between the trunk lid and under the spoiler) it has also been said to be functional. (reduces drag)http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=4579&sort=1&cat=500&page=1 (see Closet Yellow car to compare)
one more thing: Seat are perforated leather 02+

Attachments

• P1000260.JPG
    P1000260.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Arielmg73 said:
one more thing: Seat are perforated leather 02+

Perforated seats came in all '00+, not just '02 and newer. I also think the rear lip spoiler increases downforce rather than reducing drag.

Curious, were there any changes in the exhaust/muffler (not headers) along the way. If so, are the newer ones more efficient in terms of a slight increase in horsepower? Are they louder? Does the NSX type R have a different exhaust? Thank you.

Last edited:
nsxtasy said:
Not since '97.
does that mean from 97-98 vs. 02+ have the same muffler but the tips are different?

Back